Home & Garden Our 1st apartment

Jeannam2008

Fashionably me :)
Jul 10, 2009
In 1 week and 1 day Fiance` and I will be moving into our first place together down near the city closer to our jobs. So we will be about 45 minutes from our families. I'm happy to be getting into a new area and starting fresh and I'm so anxious that I stated packing a week ago :smile:

We are doing a 1 year lease, and next year we will start our house hunting (hopefully) We have purchased a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment on a 2nd floor. It has a fire place and a patio. I really love this area b/c we area between a state park and another park which the apartment complex has a trail to get to it. They have 2 pools, a car care center, a recycling center (which I'm really excited about) a fitness center with a raquet ball court, and a commons area.

This is the only picture I took on our walk through. ( the pool area) and you can kinda see in the background of what the apartment buildings look like.

photo.jpg

I've been obsessed with pinterest trying to find some good ideas for our apartment as in home decor and how to decorate it. I can't wait to get moved in and get pictures. (I want to use this thread as a little journal of our progress)

Congratulations on your first apartment! From the picture, it looks like a very nice area. I look forward to seeing your pictures and what you do with the place to make it your own!

I love your style. It is how I like my apartment to look like as well. :smile: Congratulations on your home. Please share more pictures.

Oh my god I love this site! Purse talk + home decor = lovesssss.

Is your Save The Date your wedding date?! Double Congratulations!!

I love your style. It is how I like my apartment to look like as well. :smile: Congratulations on your home. Please share more pictures.

Oh my god I love this site! Purse talk + home decor = lovesssss.

Is your Save The Date your wedding date?! Double Congratulations!!

Welcome, luxluna!

Here are a few things I've found on pinterest I'd like to do in the apt. Or the style that I'm going for :smile:

111745634474264519_VUO4enls_c.jpg

118641771403707013_tmsiPM1q_c.jpg

184577284698171623_3vxEjWyE_c.jpg

72268768990596291_xzuEO213_c.jpg

188799409348589408_1nm8o0h2_c.jpg

Are those colorful handles painted on the utensils? How do you seal them so they dont peel of when you wash them?

*waits hopefully with paint cans and brushes*

You know what else is cute for spices?
(I just started doing this this week thats why I am so into it :P)

Use the tiny quilted (jam/jelly) mason jars, or the 1/2 pint mason jars (not quilted) and buy your spices in bulk from the health food store and put them in those adorbs jars!!! You can decorate them or paint the tops or color code them.....

Yes. I am becoming addicted to mason jars. The tiny ones are precious, and the spices from the bulk section of the health food store are SO CHEAP by comparison.