Pilots!!!

Hey, justwatchin! Yours looks like turks to me--def. lighter than the peacock plus the stitching on the turks is lighter/more contrasting than on the peacock. You should exchange if you aren't happy! I was thinking about exchanging mine for the wild rose but I guess I'm way past the 30 days now :-/

blues and purples can be really hard to capture on camera if you're not using a photo editing software or know how to do white balance on your camera which u can't really do on a P&S. plus each screen/monitor can change the color so that's a problem with buying onilne. :sad: it doesn't help that HH's images are so saturated that it can look darker/brighter than it actually is. that's one thing I noticed with my wild rose. it's still very saturated, but it doesn't POP like in the photos.

here is a pic...the Turks wasn't in stock so I'm even more convinced it's Peacock. What do you think? I've been in contact with them so I can get it exchanged.

noflash.jpg

Hi Justwatchin...I feel your pain! When I first ordered my Turks Pilot I ordered based on the HH website color-which at that time wasn't an IRL picture at all. Now they have the real piece photographed, but the little "swatch"/square (that they have of all the shades)is STILL the bright royal blue that they used to have representing the color! That color doesn't even exist- I wish they'd change that square! When I got my Pilot & saw Pae's photo I was certain they'd sent the Peacock, even though mine came packaged in plastic with a sticker on it that said "turks." I thought it was mis-labeled! Did yours have the sticker with the color typed on it? If not, it may have been a return which is how it might've been in stock. Anyhow, once I looked at mine in daylight & took some photo's I realized that no- it was not Peacock, but it wasn't the color I ordered! I decided to keep it & HH has since changed some of the website colors to be more accurate. But I was extremely disappointed & now very wary of their color-representations. They use some sort of filter on their pix that makes things way more vibrant so then many of the IRL shades are something of a letdown. Happened with my Maize keychain that I returned- it was a light beige-yellow, not the mustard I was expecting! Also, with the Turks, the pix of the Pomp on the website show a different color than the Pilot Turks- which after comparing with the "old pomp/new pomp" pix you included I'm thinking might be photoshopped as well. I understand variations in color/cameras/monitors, etc, but I think HH needs to get as true-to-life of a representation as possible. It's like rolling the dice every time I order & I definitely wouldn't do it with a more expensive bag! Sending HH a photo of it is a good idea though. I gotta say Atlantic is gorgeous; I got that as my replacement keychain. I wish they had that for the Pilot back when I ordered!

BTW- has anyone gotten their Sofia yet? I think they passed my expected ship date so I'm waiting on my pre-order code.:graucho:

Hi Justwatchin...I feel your pain! When I first ordered my Turks Pilot I ordered based on the HH website color-which at that time wasn't an IRL picture at all. Now they have the real piece photographed, but the little "swatch"/square (that they have of all the shades)is STILL the bright royal blue that they used to have representing the color! That color doesn't even exist- I wish they'd change that square! When I got my Pilot & saw Pae's photo I was certain they'd sent the Peacock, even though mine came packaged in plastic with a sticker on it that said "turks." I thought it was mis-labeled! Did yours have the sticker with the color typed on it? If not, it may have been a return which is how it might've been in stock. Anyhow, once I looked at mine in daylight & took some photo's I realized that no- it was not Peacock, but it wasn't the color I ordered! I decided to keep it & HH has since changed some of the website colors to be more accurate. But I was extremely disappointed & now very wary of their color-representations. They use some sort of filter on their pix that makes things way more vibrant so then many of the IRL shades are something of a letdown. Happened with my Maize keychain that I returned- it was a light beige-yellow, not the mustard I was expecting! Also, with the Turks, the pix of the Pomp on the website show a different color than the Pilot Turks- which after comparing with the "old pomp/new pomp" pix you included I'm thinking might be photoshopped as well. I understand variations in color/cameras/monitors, etc, but I think HH needs to get as true-to-life of a representation as possible. It's like rolling the dice every time I order & I definitely wouldn't do it with a more expensive bag! Sending HH a photo of it is a good idea though. I gotta say Atlantic is gorgeous; I got that as my replacement keychain. I wish they had that for the Pilot back when I ordered!

BTW- has anyone gotten their Sofia yet? I think they passed my expected ship date so I'm waiting on my pre-order code.:graucho:

No mine didn't have a sticker with the color; only the HH hangtag. I do think there is a huge disparity in the colors represented. I did send a photo to HH and they said it was Turks:shrugs: and they did offer to let me exchange for another color but I decided to keep what I have. I don't think I want to take a chance again.

Pilot and pomp palooza at my house today. this is what happens when you order things for 3 months and then finally make it down to Washington state on a sunny day off. Everything was there waiting for me. I'll send pics from my iphone in a sec. I type slowly on the phone.

First up. Choc pebble. Super smooshy and I can't wait to get my Wyeth in this colour.

image-1764091371.jpg

In the sun you can see the reddish colour. It looks like milk Choc to me irl.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Sadly I love ALL of them. I originally ordered turks and peacock thinking that I would give one each to my mom and sister for our upcoming trip to England. But....I want to keep them. they are both gorgeous blue greens. the turks is a bright pop of summery colour and the peacock is a bit more smoky mysterious - maybe a wintery teal?

I ordered the candy apple pilot later on - after I saw Cho's candy apple trophy and it looked too scrumptious to resist. It is lovely. Super hot lipstick red.

And then the choc pebble jumped into my cart when I had a discount code. It really looks like a cadbury milk chocolate bar.