Official Christina Aguilera thread!

She is still a LOT bigger than her 'Stripped' era but i don't really expect her to go that thin again, i mean she is what- nearly 10 years older now plus one child? As long as she is fit and healthy then waist size should not matter, although i will say that her outfits are not flattering at all, i am a UK 4-6 and would not wear a leotard and fishnet tights out in public so i really don't think somebody who is a 12 should either.

She is still a LOT bigger than her 'Stripped' era but i don't really expect her to go that thin again, i mean she is what- nearly 10 years older now plus one child? As long as she is fit and healthy then waist size should not matter, although i will say that her outfits are not flattering at all, i am a UK 4-6 and would not wear a leotard and fishnet tights out in public so i really don't think somebody who is a 12 should either.

You are soooo right!

I wish she would stop wearing those stupid booty shorts. When you are short you shouldn't wear things that cut you off right there! It just makes her butt look wider than it really is.

Her body looks good, but...you'd have to look like a VS angel to get away with what she's wearing at the The Voice performance, I think. That's not very flattering on anyone with hips and a booty.
She does look so much better than she has in a long while though! I have a feeling she'll be putting out music again soon!

Christina Aguilera makers her way out of Craig’s restaurant on Tuesday (April 17) in West Hollywood, Calif.

The 31-year-old entertainer was joined by her beau Matthew Rutler!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Christina Aguilera

As a coach on The Voice, Christina explains her reasoning for this week’s eliminations.

“Nobody knows our team more than us coaches ourselves and there’s definitely rhyme and reason behind every single decision I make,” Christina told THR. “I’m very emotionally driven and I think that’s what The Voice should be about.”

Source: JustJared

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 647
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 646
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 622
I think it's completely possible for her to look like she did in the Stripped era, she just chooses not to. And that's totally her prerogative. She's got far more important priorities now and she seems happy the way she is, so it seems things are just as they should be

When Xtina first re-emerged for her Bionic promo she was not bloated or orange. Even before when she appeared at the Golden Globes with Cher she looked fine. Her appearance changed while her marriage was failing. JMO.

Her body looks good, but...you'd have to look like a VS angel to get away with what she's wearing at the The Voice performance, I think. That's not very flattering on anyone with hips and a booty.
She does look so much better than she has in a long while though! I have a feeling she'll be putting out music again soon!

ITA.

I'm not acting like every body is the same. I'm going by science, and by my years long experience of being a trainer. I have yet to run across a woman who puts muscle on like a man, and every female fitness competitor I know has literally taken years to achieve a look that's in any way more significant than the one genetics dealt her. Usually what's happening is as you get fitter, your natural muscularity is starting to show, become defined and benefit temporarily and immediately from workouts. It's genetics, and how you're naturally built, exercise or no, that determines that base level of muscle. And that base is quite hard to add to being a female. And besides, leg lifts and the stairmaster won't cause muscle gains unless she's got a 90lb barbell across her shoulders while stepping.

But like I said, I'm not here to argue. Just discuss xtina. So I'll just do that. I agree that she looks good, and her makeup on the show is now stellar.

There's quite a spectrum between "building muscle like a guy" and "putting on muscle easily" in comparison with a lot of other women.

I don't know a lot of female fitness competitors, but of the women I know who put on muscle easily (and have some lovely emotional baggage from being harangued for it by parents and classmates during their teens), they don't go into workout routines or hobbies that increase it. And given your hardline views on it, perhaps your clientele are self-editing into a group of people whose bodies align with your theories? I've not returned to trainers who emphasize building muscle over increasing endurance, and who poo-poo my concerns about becoming too muscular, after giving one the benefit of the doubt, with disastrous results. :smile:

Nooo way is teensy little 5'0" Xtina a size 12 now or ever!!! She's probably a 4-6 now. I wouldn't be suprised if she were a 0 or 00 in her "Stripped" days.

Cameras definitely add 10 pounds too, don't forget!