Is this seller and buyer the same?

MiuLouisChoo

Sep 15, 2005
I'm not sure if Fashionphile is a member of tPF but if so, sorry if this offends.

This post isn't about shill bidding or anything like I realized belatedly that the title probably insinuates.

Is the seller Fashionphile the same as the buyer thisismybuyingid on ebay?

I was just wondering cause I was SO after a bag a while back that ended Feb 15th and saw that the exact bag is now for sale again by Fashionphile after I got outbid last month.

Kinda saddens me that it got sold to a reseller who is turning around and selling it again when I would have sold a kidney for it before AND KEPT IT! lol

BUT I am SO glad to see it back on ebay. I had researched the buyer and saw that she was a reseller so I was hoping she'd relist it eventually.

As a MBA, I definitely understand how biz-ness works- so I am not a hater! I'll just be bidding again! lol

Well the stuff has to come from somewhere and when I was big into reselling a few years back I haunted late night auctions that few bid on to get authentic stuff cheap and re-sell.
It's what they call a profitable business and doing the legwork to make a dime. It put me thru grad school and bought a couple of the vehicles and also the house garage they are in.

The ebayer who bought the bag claimed to be an attorney who collects and resells LV on the side. I just read Fashionphile's "About ME" ebay page and her story and I remember seeing her on TV saying she is a lawyer who went full time ebayer during law school. So, looks like we have a match!

I'm definitely not angry, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed or if I was insane, which is possible. hehe :shrugs: :yes:

Lots of ebayers do it. Some buy Let-Trade's stuff and resell it on auction also inside the US since a lot of buyers dont want to have overseas transactions.

:wtf:mlowran you must be have very good eyes. I always wanna know who's thisismybuyingid since she usually take my dreamy stuffs in front of my eyes ( but it's the normal rules for bidding ) ;) we usually do bidding wars. She ever took my dreamy Cherry Blossom Red on Cream Papillon around $700 only & Taiga Epicea Kendall $500 only :crybaby:
My bf told me she may a re-seller and it's imposibble if she's a collector or bid for fun only coz she purchased many similiar items within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks to "catch" and inform us that she's fashionphile :smile:

:wtf:mlowran you must be have very good eyes. I always wanna know who's thisismybuyingid since she usually take my dreamy stuffs in front of my eyes ( but it's the normal rules for bidding ) ;) we usually do bidding wars. She ever took my dreamy Cherry Blossom Red on Cream Papillon around $700 only & Taiga Epicea Kendall $500 only :crybaby:
My bf told me she may a re-seller and it's imposibble if she's a collector or bid for fun only coz she purchased many similiar items within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks to "catch" and inform us that she's fashionphile :smile:

I looked at her about ME page cause I was NOT gonna play fair after she won the bag I wanted so bad. I was trying to send her a message and offer her more money for the bag to let me have it pleassssse but I saw she was a reseller! lol
Her page gives some info so I have been haunting ebay hoping the bag would come back on auction cause ebay wouldn't let me contact her directly since I wasn't "in" a transaction with her. They suck! lol

I hate she also grabbed up some bags you wanted, but the good news is you should see them come back. Her turn around on two bags I wanted was exactly one month.

I'm trying to convince her to let me do a buy it now on my dream bag so I dont risk losing it again. I told her flat out I knew what she gave for it and would give more, just dont make me play the auction game and lose again. Cause i wont be lucky enough for a reseller to get it next time I'm sure! lol

I looked at her about ME page cause I was NOT gonna play fair after she won the bag I wanted so bad. I was trying to send her a message and offer her more money for the bag to let me have it pleassssse but I saw she was a reseller!

OH! You're so lucky she responded you back. I ever offered her to buy and pay more than she paid for Red on Cream Papillon but never responded me back :crybaby:

I hate she also grabbed up some bags you wanted, but the good news is you should see them come back. Her turn around on two bags I wanted was exactly one month.

She re-sell it for almost 100% up from the price I got it. I think I can't afford her price :Push:

I'm trying to convince her to let me do a buy it now on my dream bag so I dont risk losing it again. I told her flat out I knew what she gave for it and would give more, just dont make me play the auction game and lose again. Cause i wont be lucky enough for a reseller to get it next time I'm sure! lol

Hope she'll accept you offer :smile: I also dislike do bid coz i-net connection here not as good as USA & Europe, 99% I'll lost :P

Oh just to inform you, I won twice of really great deal bags. I took Glace Valisette ( retail over $1300 ) & Mat Sutter ( retail over $1200 ) in half even quarter from the retail price-from in front her eyes, too :P

i can't remember who, but someone else on here mentioned that both those ids belong to the same person... i'm sure she's not the only reseller. i often put items i may be interested in on my watch list, and i keep seeing the same winners on many auctions. i'm sure they find some great deals, and resell to make a profit

There are many people that do this. It is a matter of supply and demand, and timing and knowledge.

Now, there are also other groups (specifically a Coach group) that buys, (dyes them too) shills and sells. One poor girl bought a lightweight collection Coach Satchel last year for $450! It normally sells for about $50-$125. She thought she bought some rare collectors item. She listed the bag for sale and couldn't get a bite.

OP, if you were that interested in the bag, you should have bid the most you were willing to spend. The bidder knew her stuff and maybe even had someone looking for that bag. Put it in your favorite searches and hope another one comes up.

That's what's great about ebay!

There are many people that do this. It is a matter of supply and demand, and timing and knowledge.

Now, there are also other groups (specifically a Coach group) that buys, (dyes them too) shills and sells. One poor girl bought a lightweight collection Coach Satchel last year for $450! It normally sells for about $50-$125. She thought she bought some rare collectors item. She listed the bag for sale and couldn't get a bite.

That's what's great about ebay!

Noshoepolish, I wonder if we're thinking of the same group? Is that the one that sometimes sells what they will claim is a !hot! Bonnie Cashin Leather Treasure that will change your Hiedi Ho into a boo-hoo as soon as you open the box and see the nasty piece of junque you actually bought?

They also use photos of two different bags or list two different serial numbers in the same auction. The bag you receive will match the creed photo but not the other photos (which are always of a much nicer bag). They're masters of the Bait and Switch and it shows in their feedbacks. Must be a coincidence that they're all from the same town in Arkansas.
:sneaky:
Oh, and they also claimed to be refugees from Hurricane Katrina even though they were showing Arkansas as the item location long before the hurricane hit.

Noshoepolish, I wonder if we're thinking of the same group? Is that the one that sometimes sells what they will claim is a !hot! Bonnie Cashin Leather Treasure that will change your Hiedi Ho into a boo-hoo as soon as you open the box and see the nasty piece of junque you actually bought?

They also use photos of two different bags or list two different serial numbers in the same auction. The bag you receive will match the creed photo but not the other photos (which are always of a much nicer bag). They're masters of the Bait and Switch and it shows in their feedbacks. Must be a coincidence that they're all from the same town in Arkansas.
:sneaky:

Oh, and they also claimed to be refugees from Hurricane Katrina even though they were showing Arkansas as the item location long before the hurricane hit.

oh my goodness! that sounds horrible! and to this day, they're still operating on ebay??!!