Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nilla...not sure where your quote went...but thank you!

Wow!!!!!! That marni skirt is to die for!!! And the second Ungaro... Everything really!!! So jealous!!! You really made out like a bandit! Great finds!!!!!

Thank you! I was super excited. There was a bunch of stuff that I didn't get...but a gal can't have everything (although it seems I am trying)!

Ok, having read through this thread and see all your beautiful pics, I am inspired to go shopping in my local charity shops! I used to go shopping there a lot when I was a student but have not been in for a long time for clothes just for books. Mind you, this last ten years, the fashion market has been inundated with cheap clothes (ghastly ones as well) and this is what you mainly see now in charity shops! But hope springs eternal!

It is what keeps us all going back....eternal hope!

also just to add my fashion show garment from last year
embroidered coat and skirt
P1000055.jpg

P1000056.jpg

this was the garment that burnt out the motor of my sewing machine

i like looking at the audience in the first on trying to guess what they are thinking :giggles:

Super beautiful!

Thank you for the link....

I've purchased another summer bag/clutch. It's a Missoni made in Italy $12.99.
IMG_20120409_200122.jpg

IMG_20120409_200133.jpg

Cute!

I've been following this post for a while, I thought I'd share one of my finds from Savers today! A Michael Michael Kors purse that I'm going to give to my mother in law! Best part: $6.99! I also found a really cute Brahmin cross body purse for the same price, and a Three Dots skirt for $3.99. I've found lots of great things since I started thrifting, and I'll try to post some of them here.

Beautiful bag! I got my Mom a Coach bag at a garage sale a few weeks ago that will be one of her Mother's Day gifts!

Wow! I was just at the Buffalo Exchange last week to sell some of my clothes, I wish I found some of your bargains!

I was looking at that Marni skirt on the Outnet.com and considered buying it for about $200....you paid $10??? That is awesome! Congrats on your deals. :smile:

I was really happy with my $10 Marni also!! With BE...you just have to be consistent. Stop in every now and again.

So......last night after selling lots of stuff on eBay, for the last few months, and saving up all my PayPal $$$$$ I PURCHASED MY HG BAG!!!!! I'll post photos when it arrives.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

How very exciting for you!!! I cannot wait to see!!

Today I went to the .99 store to get some tissue paper. I walked out with a .99 Christian Lacroix Jacket- who knew the .99 store had used clothes??

WTH....I get excited if my $.99 only has the big Lunchables for the kids!!

Just saw this. Here till Monday the 16th if your back before then!

And so much more!! Pictures to come next week!!

WHoa...major haul! Can't wait for pics!

im loving the R2D2 skirt seeing it made me want to share my sewing skills
these were my fashion show items. all sewn by me :greengrin:
fashionshow4.png

and close up details
fashionshow.png

fashionshow3.png

fashionshow2-1-1.png
I love this, can not believe we have such talented ladies on this thread:tup: the dress on the far left is my favourite :smile:
Making an R2D2 Skirt with what's already in the house ... no special trips required ...

Cause what says Easter more than a Star Wars Character made into ... a skirt? Freakin' Nothing Man. Nuthin!

R2D2006.jpg

Starting with this idea ... an R2D2 Skirt ... I want it ... but not quite that shape ...
R2D2002.jpg

It's a skirt on Etsy that has also been showin' up round the Intrawebz ...
R2D2003.jpg

I actually was pretty sure I had all the material I would need
R2D2004.jpg

So I pulled stuff out
R2D2005.jpg

Remember when Sephora used to package things beautifully when you bought for them? Good Times!

I was thinking about using the blue grey material for the light gray in R2D2 ... but it wasn't light enough. So I tried to bleach it. A bit of bleach, water and set out in the sun ... and it turned ....
R2D2009.jpg

Pink? .......... not that helpful actuallllyyy

R2D2010.jpg

Getting started .... I just looked at the pictures. I knew I wanted it longer and to make it more fitted and not an giant elastic waist band gathered
R2D2033.jpg

I think it's kinda more interesting this way ...
R2D2031.jpg

Gonzo helped. He jumped down off a table onto a cutting board and almost impaled himself on my razor cutter. He jumped up when I was trying to put in the zipper. Joy. Joy. He wanted to pierce his nose in the running machine.

Hubs at one point said, "Um Gonzo is trying to eat needles. He's going thru this holder trying to grab the sharp end of the pins."
R2D2014.jpg

"Yes, he's hardcore. He's Punk Rock Siamese Sewing Cat Assistant."
I love the part where you realize you have the Perfect Shoes ...
R2D2026.jpg

From F21, but bought at Salvation Army for $1.50 ... All the material ... thrifted or bought at a deep discount some time in the past ...

I like how the black fabric glows ... since it is his main eyeball ... and I like that my red is velvet ...

R2D2016.jpg

Side view
R2D2019.jpg

Back .. not sure how I took this picture and I am sure I could never repeat it ...
R2D2039.jpg

Old red metal zipper bought for 10 cents at some thrift or another ... sewn on the outside cause ... I mean ... you need more weirdness with a skirt like this ...
R2D2040.jpg

And some details in the back ...

I like it ... R2D2 is the coolest cutest thing in the entire Star Wars series. I had a huge crush on him but of course he only had an eye for ... CP30 ...
That skirt looks like a designer piece you would buy in a store. NICE JOB!!!! I love it :smile: I would wear it.
As promised on Saturday...some goodies from the $10 sale and a few things from Buffalo Exchange!

Emanuel Ungaro tweed jacket. Wore this yesterday for Easter. Couldn't have been moe perfect!

ff782283.jpg

57665410.jpg

Emanuel Ungaro shell sweater jacket. This makes noise when you move. I like it when people know I am coming!

1f383887.jpg

663c1155.jpg

Marni skirt. Yes. It is new with tags of $665. Fits like a dream!

eafb42e6.jpg

82c22200.jpg

Prada dress. Can't tell much from the picture, but it is a perfect black dress. Very flattering at the top with a low scoop and the skinny straps.

d9f1b936.jpg

Shocking pink/maybe it is red, soft as butter....Linda Allard/Ellen Tracy jacket

bf2faa6b.jpg

Piazza Sempione skirt from Buffalo Exchange. It was $24, but they sold it fo $12 because it had a litle stain on it. I was actually worried about this stain as it looked pretty set in...but still did not let it deter me. The dry cleaners were able to remove the stain and I have the most gorgeous circle skirt EVER!
0eea8421.jpg

And last but not least...a few years ago I was a BE and chit-chatted with a girl who had just sold some stuff. In her bag was this bright crochet sweater and I told her that I was surprised theyhad not purchased it as it was super cute. So...she gave it to me!! I had never worn it, but last week bought this white James Perse t-shirt dress there in trade and it is PERFECT to wear under the sweater!

0a9c5423.jpg

cdb56d21.jpg
I will be forever jealous of your Marni skirt. Nice haul!
also just to add my fashion show garment from last year
embroidered coat and skirt
P1000055.jpg

P1000056.jpg

this was the garment that burnt out the motor of my sewing machine

i like looking at the audience in the first on trying to guess what they are thinking :giggles:
Love this! Oh and the fact that you are so resourceful (the Ikea hat was a great idea:smile:)
I've purchased another summer bag/clutch. It's a Missoni made in Italy $12.99.
IMG_20120409_200122.jpg

IMG_20120409_200133.jpg
Go Raven! Love this Missoni bag. Perfect for the summer time.
I've been following this post for a while, I thought I'd share one of my finds from Savers today! A Michael Michael Kors purse that I'm going to give to my mother in law! Best part: $6.99! I also found a really cute Brahmin cross body purse for the same price, and a Three Dots skirt for $3.99. I've found lots of great things since I started thrifting, and I'll try to post some of them here.
Hi and welcome to our fun thread! I love the quality of Michael Kors bags. Nice score :smile:

I found these amazing Rock and Republic jeans for $5 at SA today. They are perfect but a bit small so they will go in my Buffalo Exchange pile. I wish they would fit :sad:

image-1059656372.jpg

They look like they have never been worn

Attachments

• image-1983714770.jpg
    image-1983714770.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 527
  • image-651019557.jpg
    image-651019557.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 528
Status
Not open for further replies.