Are sellers allowed to copy my listing ?

nyhockeymom91

Nov 8, 2006
Are other sellers allowed to copy a listing description ? I noticed someone selling a LV fortune keychain using my text- they took out any mention of the item being authentic but left most of the wording, text colors etc the exact same. It looks like it was cut and pasted from my listing which ended in February- it this allowed ? Thanks

No it's not and you can report it to ebay and they should pull the auction - it may take them awhile though. Let me go find the link to report.

Thanks I was unsure if after the listing ended it was ok-the listing ends in 6 or so hrs is that enought time for ebay to do something ? they didn't use my pictures but the pictures in the listing look off too. I'll see if I can find a way on ebay to report it

Okay, found it - just go to the bottom of their listing, click on report this listing, then click on copying of your listing and you can go from there.

thanks just found that too- and reported- I appreciate your help:yes: Do you think I should also send an e-mail to the seller asking them to remove the listing or will ebay take care of it. I don't think the seller will since I think it was over 125.

I just saw it as I was looking on ebay- there is less than 6 hrs left- so I don't know if they can make any changes or not :confused1:

No, if there's less than 12 hours left they can't change it. My experience with sending notes to people copying your listings and pictures is that they will usually just ignore you and not change a thing. Now I just report it.

juniormint- thanks so much for your help- I don't know if it will do any good since there is not a lot of time left- I feel bad for the people bidding- who knows what they will end up with.
-Love:heart: your picture with Pluto- besides being being a ice hockey mom- we are all Disney Nuts here too :yes: vbmenu_register("postmenu_2152302", true);

From what I understand in the past as long as she's changed ANY PART of your ad its not considered a violation.
If it's similar enough to be obvious, it IS a violation. Plagiarism rules are the same universally, you can change a few words here and there but if the source material is obviously lifted, the original creator of the work has the right to shut it down.

Text theft happens on my items all the time, same font & everything. Every occasion that I have reported it to ebay they have basically told me that it doesn't violate their policy.
Terribly annoying..

It does violate ebay policy to copy other auctions including text.

Content and Picture Theft eBay members are not allowed to use another eBay member's pictures or content in their reviews or guides without the other member's permission. Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including: * Review or guide cancellation * Listing cancellation * Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings * Limits on account privileges * Loss of PowerSeller status * Account suspension To report violations, please click the "Report this review" or "Report this guide" link located on the review or guide in question.