Choose a color for my friends medium Cabas Chyc

Aug 13, 2010
Hi,

My friend has been wanting a Cabas Chyc ever since she saw my black large. She's only 5'3" and I told her not to get the large one because even myself sometimes finding it's too large for everyday. She agrees with me on this so we went to the boutique over the weekend. She has black, brown , grey, and taupe/tan color bags. I thought she needs a pop of color. Her wardrobe is pretty neutral too. I like the poppy red on her but she's concerned if it's a bit too bright. She wants to step out her "comfort zone" to try out the red one but also thinks the dark brown is an amazing brown color. I couldn't give her more advise because I really think both color looks gorgeous. What would you choose for her? Poppy red or dark brown?

Poppy red, for sure!!!! I have a VERY neutral wardrobe, as well. Lately, I've been venturing out and buying bags that are not necessarily the "practical" choice--as in black, beige, brown etc. And, it's wonderful!! I love love love the poppy and hope to buy later this summer!!!

Thank you mamaluvsbags. I love the Poppy red too. At first I thought it's too bright but I think it gives the cabas chyc a younger look. Looks so fun and fresh!! I bought the cabas chyc in black because I bought the large size yet I love that red so much I might get the medium myself if my friend decided to get the dark brown.

BTW, just FYI...My SA told me the cabas chyc price went up YESTERDAY!! The medium in US right now is $1990. The large is over $2100 I think but not sure how much exactly. I hate when a certain style got popular and then the manufacturer raise the price. The most crazy ones are the Chanel flaps and the Prada Saffiano. Just my two cents.

Hi,

My friend has been wanting a Cabas Chyc ever since she saw my black large. She's only 5'3" and I told her not to get the large one because even myself sometimes finding it's too large for everyday. She agrees with me on this so we went to the boutique over the weekend. She has black, brown , grey, and taupe/tan color bags. I thought she needs a pop of color. Her wardrobe is pretty neutral too. I like the poppy red on her but she's concerned if it's a bit too bright. She wants to step out her "comfort zone" to try out the red one but also thinks the dark brown is an amazing brown color. I couldn't give her more advise because I really think both color looks gorgeous. What would you choose for her? Poppy red or dark brown?
another vote for poppy red !

Seems like we all agree on the Poppy red. I'm gonna show this thread to my friend and encourage her to venture out. :biggrin: Too bad she didn't make it before the price increase. I heard about it 2 weeks ago from my SA and didn't realize it happened so soon!

Thank you again ladies!

I vote poppy red! just saw it the other day in medium and its beautiful! I would've gotten it if I hadn't gotten my coquelicot mini and also i just got a tri color medium cabas in navy, cream and camel, and made it just 1 day before the price increase, and i didnt even know there was going to be a price increase until the night before