Jessica Simpson Handbag Line

BagWhore

Feb 9, 2006
Hi!

I'm a lurker this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone had purchased anything from the Jessica Simpson handbag line?

I purchased some teal Jessica Simpson sandals and a teal Jessica Simpson handbag and I think they're really nice quality for the low ticket. I was wondering what other people thought of the quality.

Also, I love large to giant hobo bags, any suggestions?

Welllllllllllllll.....

I have seen her shoes in stores, but I've never bought a pair, so I really can't say (although, at one point, I was eyeing some cowboy boots).

However, I happened to be shopping around at TJMaxx today, and there was pretty much the ugliest and the nastiest Jessica Simpson purse there....It was that really thing, fake, cheap leather....well, it was supposed to look like leather, but felt like cheap plastic. And then it had some sort of shaggy, wool stitched on the seams.

I know it was trying to mimic the nice leather and sheepskin designer handbag (ugh, the designer escapes me now) but it was completely disgusting.

Wow.

I was curious because I thought the bags were nice and the quality was good for the price. I own Gucci, LV, Coach, Dooney, Marc Jacobs. So I do know quality! LOL

Anywho, I wonder if the fact that it's "Jessica Simpson" has anything to do with people's reception of the line.

I think you may have a point there. Her bags have received favourable reviews on zappos:

Jessica Simpson Handbags Customer Reviews

Yeah, I didn't think the quality was any less than other bags in that price range. I also like alot of the styles she had.

I guess it's kind of like the experiment that one of those news shows did with the bottled water. They filled bottles with tap water and then served people tap water (both from the same source) and most of the people said that they could taste a difference and that they preferred the bottled water, not knowing it was the same water! LOL

I have seen her lines and I think it's a copy of the more expensive ones (for my opinion) but I think her shoes are cute!

and this too!
Jessica Simpson 'Sierra Vista' Drawstring Shopper

^^^Yeah, this is cute, but seems like it's an homage to something else. I have to admit, I'm having a little trouble getting beyond the name associated with it, but in the end, it's just her name. I doubt, she is very involved in design of the bags.

Anywho, I wonder if the fact that it's "Jessica Simpson" has anything to do with people's reception of the line.
Perhaps. I also think it depends on how selective a person is. I happen to be very nit-picky when I buy bags. Even something as trivial as the fact the inside zip pocket has a plastic zipper is enough to turn me off. I've had nothing but bad luck with plastic zippers breaking, so I absolutely refuse to use a bag with plastic zippers. I am also picky about the stitching. If I see crooked stitches or thread hanging out, I won't touch it.