Spin off of the CA thread: You know you're from _______ if....

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
I thought it would be fun to post one of the "You know you're from ______ if..." for each state in here! I lived a majority of my life in the US (many different states) so I'll post the ones for the states I've lived in!

Maryland:

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] You know more than 10 people who own boats and they all park them at the same marina in Annapolis.

You can pronounce and spell "Pocomoke," "Mattaponi," "Accokeek," and "Havre de Grace"

You prononce "Bowie" BOO-ie not BOW-ie or BAUW-ie

1 hour is an easy commute to work

You have more than three recipies for crabcakes

French fries just don't taste right without Old Bay Mmmmm, Old Bay!

There are more than two crab places in your town

Even your high school cafeteria made good crabcakes

You got your first lacrosse stick before you were six years old

You call all turtles "terrapins"

You refer to your state as "Merlind"

Your mother shops at Hecht's. No more Hecht's :sad:

You still call Six Flags America "Adventure World", or even "Wild World" Wild World!!!

You still remember the Wild World commercial (Wild World's the cure for the summertime blues!)

You can tell the difference between the smells of septic and marsh.

You not only know how to eat hard crabs but you also know how to catch them, cook them and tell the males from the females.

You don't think that Assawoman Bay is a strange name for a body of water.

You know perfectly well why Rehoboth is called "Little San Francisco"

M R Ducks makes perfect sense. :yes:

So does C M Wangs.

You think Salisbury is a big city.

You think of dumplings as wet slippery squares of boiled dough.

You and your boss take off of work when the fish are running or the ducks are flying in..

You've eaten muskrat at a church dinner but think it's better the way you fix it.

You think of "Dairy Queen" as a pageant title and not a place to get an ice cream.

"Formal wear" is a ball cap, a flannel shirt and Timberlands.

You still root for the Orioles even when they suck

You'll never understand why tourists come to DC. Or Annapolis! LOL

When in Florida, you can only laugh when you see signs saying "Real Maryland Blue Crab Cakes!"

You color with "Crowns", take a "Share" with "Wooter" and think the president lives in "Warshenton." That's just those Eastern Shore folk ;)

You know the difference between Glen Burnie ghetto and Catonsville ghetto. Ugh, Catonsville :yucky:

Your whole family lives within a 200 mile radius of your town. Pretty much!

Dale Earnhardt's accident was a close personal loss to your father

At least one man in your family is a waterman

You plan for "The Festival" a year in advance. Yeahh!!!:rochard:

During the summer, you spend more time in Ocean City than at home.

Margret Heater, Hedspace, Jepetto, Outside Joke and Mary Prankster are people you think are "Famous"

Your radio dial is stuck on 99.1 Not anymore :crybaby:

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Maryland.
[/FONT]

Mississippi:

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] You've been to or know about the towns of: Hot Coffee, Whynot, Soso, Shuqualak, Okalona, and Noxapater.

When someone talks about The Flag, you know exactly what flag they're refering to.

In any given parking lot, every third car has a Flag bumpersticker. Especially the HS parking lot!

Your neighbor (or yourself) has the Confederate battle flag in his yard and nothing else. Our neighbor did :smile:

You eat coon hash. :yucky:

You know where chittlins come from.

You know it's coke, not "pop", or "soda." ABSOLUTELY!

You know pop is a noise or an action (ie the coon popped out of his hole), not a soft drink.

You can tell, purely by accent, whether a person is from the Black Belt, the Red Clay Hills, the Piney Woods, or the Delta.

You know that the Delta is not the one below New Orleans. lol

Your church's attendance is reduced by half on opening day of bow season.

The preacher is not there on opening day of gun season.

The last time it snowed, you took fifteen photos and put some in your freezer for old time's sake. haha, New Years 1999/2000! :smile:

A seven course meal is a bucket of KFC and a six-pack. Mmmm

There is a trampoline in your neighbor's back yard. Yes :smile:

Teenagers refer to the bus as the "cheese wagon," and refuse to ride it. lmao. I made my mom take me to school - I refused to ride that bus!

You only know five spices--salt, pepper, Ranch dressing, BBQ Sauce and hot sauce.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Mississippi.
[/FONT]

------------------------------

What are the ones for where you're from? :smile:

Being from England i have never visited the places you are talking about i have one though for the northerners on this board

You know your a northerner when u watch Peter Kay and its like he's talking about YOUR family! lol

i dont know if anyone out of England has heard of Peter Kay, but he's the BEST comedian ever!

Being from England i have never visited the places you are talking about i have one though for the northerners on this board

You know your a northerner when u watch Peter Kay and its like he's talking about YOUR family! lol

i dont know if anyone out of England has heard of Peter Kay, but he's the BEST comedian ever!

:roflmfao: :yes: - he is brilliant!

I love what you posted lamiastella - don't know anything either about the states but would love to read more like this!

OK, I found some for San Francisco:

You take a bus and are shocked that 2 people are carrying on a conversation in English.

Someone says TENDERLOIN - you don't think of steak.

You never bother looking at the MUNI line schedule because you know the drivers have never seen it.

A really great parking space can move you to tears.

You know that anyone wearing shorts in July must be visiting from Ohio.

You assume every company offers domestic partner benefits.

Your boss runs in "The Bay to Breakers"....and it's not the first time you have seen him/her nude.

You are thinking of taking an adult class but you can't decide between yoga, aroma therapy, conversational mandarin or a building your own web site class.

You haven't been to Fisherman's Wharf since the first month you moved to SF and you couldn't figure out how to drive to Coit Tower if your life depended on it.

You were born somewhere else.

Left is right and right is wrong.

Your monthly house payments exceed your annual income.

You dive under a desk whenever a large truck goes by.

You can't find your other earring because your son is wearing it.

Your family tree contains "significant others."

Your cat has its own psychiatrist.

Smoking in your office is not optional.

You pack shorts and a T-shirt for skiing in the snow, and a sweater and a wetsuit for the beach.

Rainstorms or thunder are the lead story for the local news.

Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the US.

A man gets on the bus in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps. You don't even notice.

Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.

You give a "thumbs up" gesture to a car with a "Free Tibet" bumper sticker - and you mean it.

When you drive under an underpass - for one moment you think "earthquake".

You realize the only **********s you know are your Aunt and Uncle in Texas.

You realize there are far more Rainbow flags in the city than California State Flags.

You go to your office manager's baby shower - the parent's are named Judy and Becky.

When your church elects a new Bishop who abandoned his family and two young daughters to fulfill his sexual urges with another man.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from San Francisco.

You know you're from Connecticut if...(my thoughts after reading the comments are in bold)
  1. You have hiked up a big hill or small mountain at least once for a keg party -Yes
  2. You never went to a bar in high school.
  3. You thought that the only highways were 91, 95, and 84. - Are there any more?
  4. You thought everyone couldn't buy beer after 8 pm. -People can?
  5. You actually thought that Hartford was big. It's enormous
  6. You or someone you know has attended UCONN. -Yes
  7. You drive a VW Jetta. I nearly bought one
  8. You still think that the Whalers are cool.
  9. You have been to Misquamicut and to that little hot dog place.
  10. There is a farm within miles of your house. Yes
  11. You thought bars were really for people over 21. You mean younger people can go?
  12. Your high school thanksgiving football game was the highlight of your school year.
  13. You don't have an accent when you talk Yes
  14. You have known at least 2 preppy rich kids from Fairfield who listen to Phish. Yes
  15. You love Hilton Kaderli and your mom cried when he retired.
  16. UConn basketball rules and no one can tell you different YEAH!
  17. You have deer in your backyard. How did you know?
  18. You didn't drink or do drugs until 10th grade.
  19. You still don't understand why people say that Connecticut is the richest state.....Why do they say Connecticut is the richest state. I ain't seen no rich people. Them rich people live in California.
  20. Your best friend went to Central, Western, Eastern and finally Three Rivers Community College. It was Quinnebaug community College
  21. Your mom works at Travelers and your dad works at Pfizer.
  22. You have been drunk at the Meadows and don't remember the concert.
  23. You go to Riverside/Six Flags at least once a summer How did you know that?
  24. Your parents actually care about the Governor, the Patriots coming to Hartford, the lights at Christmas in Hartford & Channel 8 news.
  25. You have a UCONN flag outside of your house year round. You been to my house?
  26. You thought New Jersey was a toxic waste dump. You can't breathe in New Jersey!
  27. You hang out at Denny's. How did you know?
  28. You've partied at bonfires.Yep
  29. You have at least one friend with a pickup.I have three friends with pickups
  30. You think everyone works tobacco in the summer.
  31. You think Niantic is a shore town. It IS!
  32. You've been to Cape Cod or Block Island. Yes
  33. You think the Connecticut River is endless. It's the longest river in the world.
  34. The town Diner is the only place open after midnight.You got that wrong. It closes at 11:30pm.
  35. You have at least 4 friends who drive Jeep Grand Cherokees Yes
  36. You root for all the New York sports teams, except for the Red Sox!
  37. If anybody asks, you're from just outside of New York.
  38. You've never looked at a public bus schedule.What are buses?
  39. You have both girlfriends and guyfriends with the same name as you.
  40. You go to the diner late night to post party.There's no other place open
  41. You think New Haven is the worst ghetto you've ever seen.
  42. You can proudly tell an outsider about Nutmeg.
  43. You weekend either on the Cape or Rhode Island at a summer home.
  44. You have said... " I'm in a good location... Between both Boston and New York."Yes
  45. You can carry on a conversation about Mike Liut, Torrie Robertson, and the Brass Bonanza.
  46. You have to explain Cow Tipping to people from out of state.You really don't know how to tip cows...? c'mon!
  47. When you go to a real city, you sincerely feel bad for every poor / homeless person you see. I practically weep when I go to Boston.
  48. You get pissed at anyone who doesn't know how to drive in the snow. Yeah, those pu****s from the South who close the schools when there is more than 1 inch of snow
  49. You can name all the members of the UCONN men's and women's basketball teams.
  50. You still can't find your way in Hartford (except for that bar area near Union Station.) Did you see me when I was asking the policeman for directions in Hartford last Saturday?
  51. You hold the door open for someone and they don't say "Thank You."
geovisit();
visit.gif
visit.gif
serv

You Know You're From California if..

YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IF:

You make over $250,000 a year and still can't afford a house.

It's sprinkling outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.

Your child's third grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Breeze.

You've been to a baby shower for an infant who has two mothers and a sperm donor.

You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.

You know which restaurant serves the freshest arugula.

A really great parking space can move you to tears. LOL, this is funny!!

The guy in line at Starbucks, wearing the baseball cap, sunglasses, and looks like George Clooney, IS George Clooney.

Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.

Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, and your Mary Kay rep is a guy in drag.

It's sprinkling out, and there's a report on every news channel about "THE STORM!" SO TRUE!!!!!! LOL!! It's usually...."BREAKING NEWS" "THE STORM":roflmfao:

Over 85% of the cities, towns, and streets start with San, Los, El, La, Santa, De La, or De Los. Yep!:yes:

Two overcast days in a row drive you mad. Sometimes. Lately, it's been the reverse...WAY too many HOT days!!!

A family of four owns six vehicles. :yes:

Everyone who lives here knows that hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and snowstorms are way worse than earthquakes, which are, after all, over almost as soon as you realize what's happening.

Even if the store is across the street, you drive there.

And finally, a question:

Q. How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. None. Californians cannot afford to turn on the lights.

You know you're from New York City if:

You say "the city" and expect everyone to know that this means Manhattan. (so true! lol)

You have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building (worked at the empire state one summer and never went up there...weird).

You can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from Columbus Circle to Battery Park at 3:30 on the Friday before a long weekend, but can?t find Wisconsin on a map.

Hookers and the homeless are invisible. (yeah)

The subway makes sense. (not when it runs slow as molasses)

You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes you multi-lingual.

You've considered stabbing someone just for saying "The Big Apple".

The most frequently used part of your car is the horn.

You call an 8' x 10' plot of patchy grass a yard.

You consider Westchester "upstate".

You think Central Park is "nature."

You see nothing odd about the speed of an auctioneer's speaking.

You're paying $1,200 for a studio the size of a walk-in closet and you think it's a "steal."

You've been to New Jersey twice and got hopelessly lost both times. (yeah been with my bf more than a year and still wouldn't know how to drive to his house)

You pay more each month to park your car than most people in the U.S. pay in rent.

You haven't seen more than twelve stars in the night sky since you went away to camp as a kid. (yup)

You go to dinner at 9 and head out to the clubs when most Americans are heading to bed. (this is a definite)

Your closet is filled with black clothes. (yes it is)

You haven't heard the sound of true absolute silence since the 80s, and when you did, it terrified you.

You pay $5 without blinking for a beer that cost the bar 28 cents. (this is why we drink at home then go out)

You take fashion seriously. (heck yeah)

Being truly alone makes you nervous.

You have 27 different menus next to your telephone.

Going to Brooklyn is considered a "road trip." (i live in brooklyn)

America west of the Hudson is still theoretical to you.

You've gotten jaywalking down to an art form.

You take a taxi to get to your health club to exercise.

Your idea of personal space is no one actually standing on your toes.

$50 worth of groceries fit in one paper bag.

You have a minimum of five "worst cab ride ever" stories.

You don't notice sirens anymore.

You live in a building with a larger population than most American towns.

Your doorman is Russian, your grocer is Korean your deli man is Israeli, your building super is Italian, your laundry guy is Chinese, your favorite bartender is Irish, your favorite diner owner is Greek, the watchseller on your corner is Senegalese, your last cabbie was Pakistani, your newsstand guy is Indian and your favorite falafel guy is Egyptian.

You're suspicious of strangers who are actually nice to you.

You secretly envy cabbies for their driving skills.

You think $7.00 to cross a bridge is a fair price.

Your door has more than three locks.

Your favorite movie has DeNiro in it.

You consider eye contact an act of overt aggression.

You run when you see a flashing "Do Not Walk" sign at the intersection.

You're 35 years old and don't have a driver's license. (lol got mine at 23)

You ride in a subway car with no air conditioning just because there are seats available.

You're willing to take in strange people as roommates simply to help pay the rent.

There is no North and South. It's uptown or downtown.

When you're away from home, you miss "real" pizza and "real" bagels.

You know the differences between all the different Ray's Pizzas.

You're not in the least bit interested in going to Times Square on New Year's Eve. (never have and never will!!)

Your internal clock is permanently set to know when Alternate Side of the Street parking regulations are in effect.

You know what a bodega is. (oh hell yeah)

You know how to fold the New York Times in half, vertically, so that you can read it on the subway or bus without knocking off other passenger's hats.

Someone bumps into you, and you check for your wallet.....

You cringe at hearing people pronounce Houston St. like the city in Texas

Film crews on your block annoy you, not excite you. (yup they're filming I AM Legend with Will Smith the next block over from my house. trailers are so annoying)

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from NYC.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You Know You're From Louisiana When...[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The crawdad mounds in your front yard have over taken the grass. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You greet people with "Howzyamomma'an'dem?" and hear back "Dey fine!" [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Every so often, you have waterfront property. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When giving directions you use words like "uptown," "downtown," "backatown," "riverside," "lakeside," "other side of the bayou" or "other side of the levee." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When you refer to a geographical location "way up North," you are referring to places like Shreveport, Little Rock or Memphis, "where it gets real cold." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You've ever had Community Coffee. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You can pronounce Tchoupitoulas but can't spell it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You don't worry when you see ships riding higher in the river than the top of your house. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You judge a po-boy by the number of napkins used. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The waitress at your local sandwich shop tells you a fried oyster po-boy "dressed" is healthier than a Caesar salad. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You can eat Popeye's, Haydel's and Zapp's for lunch and wash it down with Barq's and several Abitas, without losing it all on your stoop. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The four seasons in your year are: crawfish, shrimp, crab, and King Cake. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You "wrench" your hands in the sink with an onion bar to get the crawfish smell off. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You believe that purple, green and gold look good together. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You know what a nutria rat is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have spent a summer afternoon on the Lake Pontchartrain seawall catching blue crabs. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You describe a color as "K & B Purple." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You like your rice and politics dirty. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You pronounce the largest city in the state as "Nawlins." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You know those big roaches can fly, but you're able to sleep at night anyway. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You assume everyone has mosquito swarms in their backyard. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You realize the rainforest is less humid than Louisiana. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron... [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window... [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When out of town, you stop and ask someone where there is a drive-through Daiquiri place, and they look at you like you have three heads. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have flood insurance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your burial plot is six feet over rather than six feet under. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You consider a Bloody Mary a light breakfast. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras throws. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You leave a parade with footprints on the top of your hands. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have a parade ladder in your shed. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your first sentence was "Throw me something mistah" and your first drink was from a go-cup. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You worry about a deceased family member returning in spring floods. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You reply to anything and everything about life here with "Only in Nahlins". [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have a monogrammed go-cup. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You get on a bus marked "Cemeteries" and don�t think twice. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You shake out your shoes before putting them on. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]No matter where else you go in the world, you are always disappointed in the food. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You get up in the morning and start cooking a pot of rice before you give any thought to what you'll fix for dinner. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You ask, "How dey running?" and "Are dey fat?" when you're inquiring about seafood quality. When a hurricane is imminent [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When it starts to rain, you cover your beer instead of your head. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You call tomato sauce "red gravy." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You eat sno-balls instead of throwing them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your house payment is less than your air conditioning bill. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your grandparents are called "Maw Maw" and "Paw Paw." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You fall asleep to the soothing sounds of four box fans. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]No one eats healthy. Fried Batter is actually a menu item in some restaurants. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Louisiana. [/FONT]

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM BOSTON WHEN...
You think of Philadelphia as the Midwest.
You think it's your God-given right to cut someone off in traffic.
You think there are only 25 letters in the alphabet (no R's).
You think three straight days of 90+ temperatures is a heatwave.
All your pets are named after Celtics or Bruins.
You refer to 6 inches of snow as a "dusting."
Just hearing the words "New York" puts you in an angry mood.
You don't think you have an attitude.
You always 'bang a left' as soon as the light turns green, and oncoming traffic always expects it.
Everything in town is "a five minute walk."
When out of town, you think the natives of the area are all whacked.
You still can't bear to watch highlights from game 6 of the 1986 World Series.
You have no idea what the word compromise means.
You believe using your turn signal is a sign of weakness.
You don't realize that you walk and talk twice as fast as everyone else.
You're anal, neurotic, pessimistic and stubborn.
You think if someone is nice to you, they must want something or are from out of town.
Your favorite adjective is "wicked."
You think 63 degree ocean water is warm.
You think the Kennedy's are misunderstood.

HOW WE'LL KNOW YOU WEREN'T BON HEAH:
You wear a Harvard sweatshirt.
You ask directions to "Cheers."
You order a grinder and a soda.
You follow soccer.
You eat at Durgin Park.
You pronounce it "Worchester" (Woosta) or Glouchester. (Glousta)"
You call it "COPELY" (Cah-pley) square.

BASIC RULES FOR DRIVING IN BOSTON

(subject to change at any time):

When on a one way street, stay to the right to allow oncoming traffic to pass.
Never, ever, stop for a pedestrian unless he flings himself under the wheels of your car.
The first parking space you see will be the last parking space you see. Grab it.
Double park in the North End of Boston, unless triple parking is available.
Learn to swerve abruptly. Boston is the home of slalom driving, thanks to the Registry of Motor Vehicles, which puts potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.
Never get in the way of a car that needs extensive bodywork.
Always look both ways when running a red light.
Honk your horn the instant the light changes.
Breakdown lanes are not for breaking down, but for speeding, especially during rush hour. Breakdown lanes may also end without warning causing traffic jams as people merge back in.
Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only warn other drivers to speed up and not let you in.
Making eye contact revokes your right of way.
Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right.
Whenever possible, stop in the middle of a crosswalk to ensure inconveniencing as many pedestrians as possible. And if a pedestrian ahead of you steps in the road, speed up loudly and chase him back up on the curb. Peds have no rights.

... yes its all true

You know you're from Louisville, Kentucky if...

(I'm not doing the KY one because it makes us all seem like inbred racists hicks, so I will just post the largest city in KY)

• Your "International" airport has only one passenger flight that actually leaves the 48 contiguous U.S. states.
  • The in-state sports rivalry is paid more attention to than the national championship.
  • You live in an area that occasionally gets considerable snowfalls, floods, and tornadoes ... but has no capacity to deal with any of the above.
  • You pronounce the name of your city different than anyone else you've heard.
  • You think the rest of the people in Kentucky sound like hicks.
  • When you think "Kentucky" you don't automatically think horse racing or fried chicken.
  • You ask your doctor for an allergy cure and he tells you to "move."
  • You've shoveled 10+ inches of snow and worn shorts in the same week.
  • When people ask what school you went to, they don't mean Vanderbilt, Yale, or Harvard; they mean Ballard, Male, Manual, Trinity or St. X.
  • You know what the Bambi Walk is.
  • Your last ten vacations were in Panama City or Destin.
  • You make an emergency run to Kroger for bread and milk at the first sighting of a snowflake.
  • You've lived here for years, yet somehow you get hopelessly lost each time you attempt a shortcut through Cherokee Park.
  • You're convinced turn signals are useless options on a vehicle.
  • You hold up traffic to let a motorist you don't know into your lane.
  • You give directions based on landmarks that no longer exist or street names that have changed, but your directions never confuse any of the other Louisvillians
  • You have never been to the Derby, but wouldn't miss the Oaks.
  • You call in sick to attend the Oaks and spot your boss - who also called in sick - at the next betting window.
  • You think all the REAL hicks live in New Albany.
  • You think the only thing Southern Indiana is good for is buying pumpkins.
  • When introduced to another life-long Louisvillian, you spend the first part of the conversation finding out how you are connected. It's never as many as six degrees of separation - usually three will do it.
  • You've built a shrine to Rick Pitino in your basement.
  • You can read about Rick Pitino in at least three different sections of your newspaper.
  • You think the rest of the world knows what Benedictine spread is.
  • You think the rest of the world knows what a Hot Brown is.
  • You have never eaten fish that wasn't fried.
  • You think the whole world puts spaghetti in chili.
  • You want another bridge built over the Ohio River, just so long as it doesn't cut through YOUR neighborhood.
  • You've experienced a "salt storm" after a two-inch snowfall.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM CHICAGO IF..

• The "Living Room" is called the "front room" (pronounced fronchroom)
  • You don't pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois. You become irate at people who do
  • You measure distance in minutes (especially "from the city"). And you swear everything is pretty much 15 minutes away
  • You have no problem spelling or pronouncing "Des Plaines"
  • Your school classes were canceled because of cold
  • Your school classes were canceled because of heat
  • You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day
  • Stores don't have sacks, they have bags
  • You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example:"Where's my coat at?" or "If you go to the mall I wanna go with."
  • Your idea of a great tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as the bun, "everything" is on it and a slice of dill pickle is on the side
  • You carry jumper cables in your car
  • You drink "pop."
  • You understand that I-290, I-90, I-94, and I-294 are all different roads
  • You know the names of the interstates: Stevenson, Kennedy, Eisenhower,Dan Ryan, and the Edens
  • But you call the interstates "expressways"
  • You refer to anything South of I-80 as "Southern Illinois"
  • You refer to Lake Michigan as "The Lake"
  • You refer to Chicago as "The City"
  • "The Super Bowl" refers to one specific game in a series of 35 played in January of 1986
  • No matter where you are, when you hear the term "Downtown" you immediately assume they're talking about Downtown Chicago
  • You have two favorite football teams: The Bears, and anyone who beats the Packers!
  • You buy "The Trib"
  • You think 35 degrees is great weather to wash your car!
  • You know what goes on a Chicago Style Hot Dog
  • You know what Chicago Style Pizza REALLY is
  • You know why they call Chicago "The Windy City"
  • You understand what "lake-effect" means
  • You know the difference between Amtrak and Metra, and know which station they end up at. You have ridden the "L"
  • You can distinguish between the following area codes: 847,630,773,708, 312, & 815
  • You have at some time in your life, used your furniture to guard your parking spot in winter. (CHICAGO CLASSIC!!)
  • You respond to the question "Where are you from" with a side" example:"WEST SIDE", "SOUTH SIDE" or "NORTHSIDE."
  • You know what the phone number is to Empire Carpet!

These ones don't really apply to me yet since I have only been in Oregon 4 years....

You know you're from Oregon when...

Your children learned to walk in Birkenstocks.

You throw an aluminum can in the trash and feel guilty.

You complain about Californians as you sell your house to one for twice as much as you originally paid.

You only honk your horn if collision is imminent and never for anything else.

You consider something a "hill" (not a mountain) if it doesn't have snow on it or has not recently erupted, regardless of its altitude.

You consider "etiquette" a foreign word.

Most of your friends are from California.

You find a wallet with $500 and give it back to the owner.

You used to live somewhere else but won't admit it publicly.

You've ever ordered a half caff/decaf, nonfat mocha grande with sugar-free cranberry whip (or you know what it is).

You know a bride & groom that registered at REI.

If someone ran your car off the highway, you might drown.

You'd be miffed if the store was out of your favorite brand of water.

Every day is casual Friday.

Hear the word "ferry" and think of boats and long waits.

Know at least eight people who work for Intel or Nike, or used to work for Tektronix.

You think skiing always means being covered from head to toe, in snow or water.

Know that Boring is a town and not just a state of mind.

Have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.

You return from a California vacation depressed because ?all the grass was dead.?

Remember the date, severity, time of day, where you were, and how long you were out of power and phone service for every winter weather event in the last five years.

Have ever called your insurance agent to ask if your homeowner?s policy covers falling trees, flooding, or mud slides

You never go camping without waterproof matches, ponchos, and mattress pads that double as flotation devices.

You believe swimming is not a sport but a survival skill to prevent boating deaths.

You own more than 10 articles of clothing that have the names of microbreweries/brewpubs printed on them.

You think downtown is "scary" because you were panhandled there, once.

You replace your hiking boots with Birkenstock or Teva sandals when the weather gets above 60 degrees.

You believe people who use umbrellas are wimps or Californians, or both.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Oregon.

MORE you know you're from CHICAGO when...

You say "Wanna go with?" when you mean "Do you want to come with me?"

You know what Kennedy, Dan Ryan, Eisenhower, Edens, and Bishop Ford, have in common and curse one of them daily.

You know what "the Hillside strangler is."

You can name three or four extra taxes nobody else pays.

You know the difference between Richard J Daley and Richard M Daley.

You can use two or three Daleyisms in context.

You can imitate the Mayor's whine.

You say Chicawgo and not Chicaago.

You think going to a Bears game in single digit temperatures with a wind off the lake (and freezing rain) is fun.

Da is a proper definite article.

You expect corruption in local politics.

You go to the Dells in the summer to get away from the other 20 thousand that followed you.

You've been caught speeding in Wisconsin because you had Illinois plates.

You guard your shoveled parking space with an old chair and unusable broom.

You know dead people who voted.

You understand the ********ic machine and don't fight against it.

You've never ever considered the idea of hiring non-union laborers.

You've never been to Springfield.

You know a good gyros joint.

You know what Giordanos, Lou Malnati's, and Gino's have in common.

You know when the last time the Cubs won a pennant.

You know exactly how many cars are "legally" allowed to turn left after the light turns red.

You don't know which ethnic "fest" to choose on any given Summer weekend.

Your idea of relaxing and getting away from it all is Ravinia (with 10,000 others who have the same idea).

You can recite many of "The Blues Brothers" lines and know where they filmed certain scenes.

You consider paying someone to watch your car at a sporting event as just another "city tax."

You wear gym shoes, not sneakers.

Your favorite melody to hum is "Bang,Bang,Bang-Skeet,Skeet,Skeet!!!!"

You faithfully attended Lil Louis parties at The Bismarck.

You GOT to have spaghetti at your barbecue.

You are STILL a Bulls fan........

You think kicking it outside of White Castles parking lot, (79th and Stony Island) is the "Freak Nik"

You go to Harold`s and order 4 pc wing, mild sauce, salt and pepper.

You have a picture of Harold Washington in your kitchen, living room, family room or basement.

You have ever waited in line at Home of the Hoagy on 111th for 30-45 minutes for a steak samich wit cheese

You have ever been to the Tiki Room lounge in Hyde Park

You have Y made a special trip downtown because you had a craving for Garrett's caramel and cheese popcorn.

What!!! We don`t get a Fifty? Oh yeah....

You drink at bars called "Bud on Tap" or "Milwaukee's Best" -- no names, just beer signs out front.

It's January and you see someone's kitchen chair in the street, and you know that if you're a responsible citizen and bring it back to the sidewalk you will be shot on sight

You live two miles from work and it takes you two hours to drive there

You don't flinch when you pay the fifth toll of your 45-minute car ride on the highway

When you read a big story in the paper about mob ties in the city government, your first reaction is "So, tell me something I don't know."

You know Lincoln Towing is Satan incarnate.

You've paid $105 for towing, $30 for more than one "street cleaning" ticket, $58 for a city vehicle sticker, and $70 for a license plate sticker -- and chalk it all up to "neighborhood taxes."

You pluralize grocery stores and retail chains: "I'm going to Jewels"; "I bought it at Targets"; "I couldn't find parking at Wal-Marts"

You've cursed at a cyclist, pedestrian, or in-line skater on the lakefront path.

You know the significance of State and Madison.

You wonder if the fries will taste the same at Sammy Sosa's Restaurant.

You don't miss Planet Hollywood.

You're not ashamed of wearing a big fur Russian hat, or a headsock with one hole in it, in public from November through March.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Chicago.

----ARKANSAS-----
"Vacation" means goin' through Harrison on the way to Branson. :smile:

Down South, to you, means Louisiana.

You have no problem spelling or pronouncin' Ouachita or Possum Grape. BEST PLACES ON EARTH

You know what Toad Suck and Booger Holler are. RIGHT THROUGH THE WOODS

Your idea of a really great tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as the bun and comes with cole slaw on top. GOOD EATIN'

You say catty-wampus and tumped over. DAMN RIGHT

You know the difference between a deer dog, a duck dog and a coon dog by the way they bark.

Pulaski County is considered a foreign or exotic place.

You consider being a "Beef Queen" an honor.

You faithfully drink Pepsi, Mt. Dew, or Dr. Pepper everyday of your life. AND THEY ARE ALL CALLED "COKE" NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE

You know what a "cow drop" is. GOT SOME OUT BACK

You have your own secret bbq sauce. TOP SECRET!

You know how to snipe hunt. LEARNED WHEN I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO WALK

You or your neighbors have more hunting dogs than you have family members.

You visit the Arkansas State Fair mainly to see your neighbor's prize chicken.

You've been invited to or had a bunkin' party. HELL YEAH!

You abhor homosexuality, but love "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

You'd rather be No. 1 in football than No. 1 in education. GO HOGS!!

You think that recycling means riding your bike down the same old path.

You think orange barrels are really part of the interstate system.

When the forecast calls for an inch of snow, you run out with all the other crazies to stand in line for three hours to buy a month's worth of groceries.
EVERYTIME!

You drink sweet iced tea out of a sports bottle. GOT SOME IN THE FRIDGE

Your traditional Thanksgiving dinner is a deep-fried turkey. EVERYTHING IS DEEP FRIED!

You call a shopping cart a buggy. WTH IS A SHOPPING CART?

You see "No Hunting" signs are riddled with bullet holes. RIGHT DOWN MY ROAD!

You think "Animal House" is the training film for incoming athletes at the University of Arkansas HA!HA!

The three food groups are Velveeta, pork rinds and a six-pack.

Everyone you think of as a "liberal" is either Methodist or Catholic. SAD BUT TRUE!

You think that Bill ******* is a lyin', cheatin' sumbitch, but you'd still vote for him again in a heartbeat because he's OUR lyin' cheatin' sumbitch.
HE IS OUR SUMBITCH!!!

You've "offered" someone an "ass-whoopin'. " (

When you give directions they include "over yonder," "down the road a piece," and "right near." I USE THESE EVERYDAY!

You're not commitment-phobic: you love God, guns and football. AMEN!

You'd rather have a Budweiser beer museum than a presidential library.

You think pinto beans are nekkid without hamhocks, cornbread and buttermilk. SO TRUE!!!!

Sweet milk and torn up biscuits in a glass is your favorite dessert. BETTER THAN SEX!

You think bagels are nothing but a cruel doughnut joke invented by some Yankee! HA!

You eat at Senor Tequila's for atmosphere and Lolita's Tex-Mex for salsa.
SENOR TEQUUILA'S IS THE BEST!

You say, "I voted for ******* to get him out of the state." TRUE!!!!

You own three cars and one license plate.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Arkansas.