Cleaning white leather? Help please...

kate79

Jul 27, 2006
I got a white leather Hamptons wristlet with dark brown leather trim (the long skinny one with a buckled pocket on the front) at the outlet last weekend. It was such a good price I couldn't pass it up, but it has a few faint orange makeup streaks on the back. Any idea how to remove them? Does the Coach leather cleaner work well? :confused1:

Do you have any idea what the marks might be? Definitely try the Coach cleaner and moisturizer first.

The marks look like streaks of foundation - like maybe someone had makeup on their hands and handled the bag. Like I said, they are not super obvious but I would like to remove them if I can.

The SA at the outlet used some of the Coach leather cleaner to try to get the marks out, but her eyesight wasn't the best and I don't think she could see what I was talking about. I didn't want to be a pain, and I was going to buy it anyway, so I just thanked her for her help and bought it. So now I'm wondering whether I should buy some Coach leather cleaner and try it myself or if something else would work better (like baby wipes?).

I definitely don't want to make things worse or cause the leather to yellow:sad:

I've had a lot of success with the Coach leather cleaner on my white leather Coach purses. But I've also never tried baby wipes... that might be a more economical choice first?