Workplace Interview at LV

toobabyish

Jan 12, 2008
I have a few friends who work at different LV locations around my area, and one of my friends passed on my resume to the managers. The manager sent me an email asking me if I could come in for an interview on Thursday because a part-time sales position was open. (my friend said that 2 girls left the company) Although I'm currently working full-time and attending school full-time, I'm looking for a weekend/night job to have an added income. (the position is only 20-25 hours a week) Plus, I'm quitting my full-time job in August since my school schedule is mainly day classes so I won't be able to work in the daytime, so it would be nice to have a part-time job to earn an income.

I haven't worked in retail in a few years and I feel extremely lucky that I landed an interview with them. My questions are:

1. What should I wear to the interview? (My current work clothes are business casual - usually a sweater, pants, and a pair of flats)
2. How should I look for the interview? (makeup, hair, nails, etc.)
2. What kind of questions should I be prepared to answer when it comes to working in a high-end luxury environment?

TIA for all of your help! :smile:

I think you should look classic (black suit, pop of color shirt). Hair should look polished and make-up should look classic. No loud clors on the nails (maybe get a french manicure). Questions should be about the brand. Also, you need to be very upbeat and perky when having a retail interview. Also, show that you know the brand.

I would model your attire and grooming styles similar to the sales reps in the LV stores (which I believe is conservative).

As far as questions go, why don't you think back to your experiences at various luxury retail shops that you frequent: make-up counters, jewelry counters, etc. What were the things that you liked and disliked about their customer service?

Knowing the brand is important too. What made you decide LV versus applying to other stores?

I think you should look classic (black suit, pop of color shirt). Hair should look polished and make-up should look classic. No loud clors on the nails (maybe get a french manicure). Questions should be about the brand. Also, you need to be very upbeat and perky when having a retail interview. Also, show that you know the brand.

Thank you for your advice! I actually have a loud color on my nails right now but I was planning on getting a manicure tomorrow... I'm definitely going to go for the French! :smile:

I would model your attire and grooming styles similar to the sales reps in the LV stores (which I believe is conservative).

As far as questions go, why don't you think back to your experiences at various luxury retail shops that you frequent: make-up counters, jewelry counters, etc. What were the things that you liked and disliked about their customer service?

Knowing the brand is important too. What made you decide LV versus applying to other stores?

You're right -- I should think about the excellent service, as well as the poor service that I've received. I actually just sent my resume to my friend for fun and he forwarded it because he thought I was a good fit for the job. Thank you so much for your advice!

Your friends who work at LV should be able to give you pointers specific to LV as well.

Good luck!

I've been asking them for a few things, but I don't want to bug them too much with questions that might be too silly... :P

If you speak additional languages well, if it was me, I would mention that.. I've heard it's a big plus because of foreign clients that shop luxury

I agree with everything that was said above, I would dress super classic, honestly, if i was you I would wear a nice fitting black suit.

MY question is would you carry an LV bag to the interview? lol I wonder if they would like t that or no

I always go to interviews wearing black slacks that fit my body type well, a pair of matte black leather heels that are between 2 and 3 inches, and an ironed well fitted button up shirt that is either short sleeve, or long sleeve but rolled up.

I wear my hair twisted back into a low bun, and keep makeup limited to very well defined eyes with brown liner and a little golden shadow, and my lips have a very light coat of pinkish lipgloss.

I wear NO manicure polish, just keep my nails trimmed and short.
I keep jewelry limited to a pair of dark small studs that add a small shine to my face, but not as bright as diamonds, and I wear only my wedding band.
The only perfume I wear comes from my herbal esscense conditioner and deoderant soap like lever 2000, irish spring or something along those lines. You smell like good hygiene, and it isn't overwhelming.

I have always gotten every job I've interviewed for.

The most important thing is coming with the right attitude...I smile, even when I am waiting to be interviewed...I hold doors open for potential customers and greet or aknowledge everyone within a five foot radius, as if I am already an employee.

I carry a small, but designer bag, with a nice pop of color. I feel that this lets the interviewer know that I have every intention of earning an income for myself, and I make smart investments, and therefore I will not be quitting the job if they do decide to hire me, and I probably view the job as a possible career opportunity, not just a part time position until college ends. It also gives them a peek at my sense of style, and when I reach into it for my little memo book and pen, it lets them know that I came prepared!

P.S. Never ever ever tell an interviewer that you don't feel like something was not Your job at a past employers....that could potentially kill your interview chances right away! I can't even begin to tell you the number of people who say this at some point in an interview, and wonder why they are unemployable.

Go see at the store how other employees act, behave and are dressed. If everybody are keeping their hair up - do it also! your interviewer can then (more) easily picture you for the position :smile: good luck! sounds like a great opportunity!

If you speak additional languages well, if it was me, I would mention that.. I've heard it's a big plus because of foreign clients that shop luxury

Thanks! I speak conversational Thai and Cambodian language, so I definitely put that on my resume.

I agree with everything that was said above, I would dress super classic, honestly, if i was you I would wear a nice fitting black suit.

MY question is would you carry an LV bag to the interview? lol I wonder if they would like t that or no

My friend told me that I should carry one to the interview, because it would look silly if I wore a competitor, so I just wore my LV Neverfull Damier Ebene. (it's a cheaper LV, because I felt like if I wore a $1,500+ one, they would say: "She doesn't need to work!" :lol:)

I always go to interviews wearing black slacks that fit my body type well, a pair of matte black leather heels that are between 2 and 3 inches, and an ironed well fitted button up shirt that is either short sleeve, or long sleeve but rolled up.

I wear my hair twisted back into a low bun, and keep makeup limited to very well defined eyes with brown liner and a little golden shadow, and my lips have a very light coat of pinkish lipgloss.

I wear NO manicure polish, just keep my nails trimmed and short.
I keep jewelry limited to a pair of dark small studs that add a small shine to my face, but not as bright as diamonds, and I wear only my wedding band.
The only perfume I wear comes from my herbal esscense conditioner and deoderant soap like lever 2000, irish spring or something along those lines. You smell like good hygiene, and it isn't overwhelming.

I have always gotten every job I've interviewed for.

The most important thing is coming with the right attitude...I smile, even when I am waiting to be interviewed...I hold doors open for potential customers and greet or aknowledge everyone within a five foot radius, as if I am already an employee.

I carry a small, but designer bag, with a nice pop of color. I feel that this lets the interviewer know that I have every intention of earning an income for myself, and I make smart investments, and therefore I will not be quitting the job if they do decide to hire me, and I probably view the job as a possible career opportunity, not just a part time position until college ends. It also gives them a peek at my sense of style, and when I reach into it for my little memo book and pen, it lets them know that I came prepared!

P.S. Never ever ever tell an interviewer that you don't feel like something was not Your job at a past employers....that could potentially kill your interview chances right away! I can't even begin to tell you the number of people who say this at some point in an interview, and wonder why they are unemployable.

Thanks for the heads up! I had my interview yesterday. I wore grey blacks, a black blouse, and carried my LV Neverfull. I had a French manicure and wore my pearl earrings, with light makeup. I wish I tied my hair up! I should have done that. I also brought copies of my resume (which they asked for) as well as my own pen to write with.

You lost me after you said you got an interview at LV. OMG I'm so excited for you!!! Good luck!

Thank you! I hope I get it! :smile:

Good luck hun!

Thank you!

Go see at the store how other employees act, behave and are dressed. If everybody are keeping their hair up - do it also! your interviewer can then (more) easily picture you for the position :smile: good luck! sounds like a great opportunity!

I have friends who work at LV, so they helped me out with questions that I had. I wish I kept my hair up! I put it behind my ears though...