Bottega Vs LV Vs Balenciaga

BV is just right; it is the epitome of quiet luxe: no label, minimal hardware, rich colors (specially the classic ebano and nero).

one tip: when trying on BV, remove all the stuffing and put your things in it. you'll have a better idea of how the bag will fall. keep in mind that the bag will soften and slouch even more and will look more beautiful as a result.

^ ITA BV is so classy! I tried on the large Belly Veneta in Ebano while I was in Vegas and I loved how it looked on me BUT I forgot to put my stuff in it! I'll have to drive 4 hrs to Chicago to try another one on. it sucks I know!

Talking generally those bags have such a different style aesthetic.

Having a bit of fun, take a magazine type quiz :biggrin:

Are you:

1. Old-school and classic, confident physically and verbally, happy in company, shop in only one or 2 exclusive shops and would prefer the lightness and easy care of coated canvas? Go for the LV

2. A bit 'rock n roll' and/or luxe-boho, confident artistically, happy in your own style, shop everywhere and love the lived-in look no matter how expensive? Go for the Bal

3. 'Effortless', timeless and understated, confident mentally, happy in your own company and shop in unique places by examination, thinking about the balance between art, craft and longevity? Go for the BV

papertiger!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ur quiz! It's the best quiz ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually a combination of 1 and 3 HAHAHAHA But I'd go with 3. I love the "thinking about the balance" thing. It sometimes takes me hours and hours to make a decision on a pair of shoes! LOOOL I have to always think about how to balance the look, longevity, and quality for all my accessories. hehe

I have bags from all 3 brands and I'm pretty familiar with all of them. Out of your 3 choices, I think BV's is without a doubt the most classic and yes, you can wear it all year round since Ebano is a neutral color.

My second favorite is Bal's because the leather is great! However, I don't think it's as classy as BV and Bal from its "essence" will never be. The house has more of a rock-chic glamour, especially with the bling-bling giant hardware... definitely on a different wave-length compared to BV.

My least favorite is LV's Azur Artsy. I'm sort of over coated canvas these days... This isn't to say it's bad, LV's canvas wears like a rock and still looks great after decades, but I just prefer leather nowadays. I can't justify paying anything more than 1K for almost completely a non-leather bag. Also, I don't really like the drape of the artsy... Coated canvas does not look right as a hobo style imo...

I agree with you! BV's are the ultimate class! I'm so in love with the quality of the leather!

I am biased towards BV, but have owned LV and bought LV and Bal for family members.

IMO, LV is ubiquitous and heavily faked. I'd rather have something I don't see everywhere. Bals are lovely but the colors don't hold the way BV colors do--I don't know why (the dyes, the leathers?). Also Bal looks young-ish and BV is timeless and improves with age. I use my Ebano year-round.

I"ve seen millions of LV's in my area but ONE BV so far! HEHE I guess I"ll be the 2nd soon LOL

You did come to a BV subforum for advice so I imagine most of the responses will point you towards BV... :lol: I have the large belly and another BV in ebano and I find that the color is very versatile regardless of season and the size of the belly is great. As several other people have mentioned, it might be a bit over your $2000 budget (I'm not sure how the Bal & LV bags are priced) so that could be something to consider.

As for your criteria about having an everyday bag that you can dress up or down, I think the medium belly might be better suited to your needs. While I love my large belly, I tend to opt for a smaller bag if I want a more formal look.

I know right? BV is the winner so far! LOL

Yeah! The large Belly is too casual while the medium size is more formal. Hum! I gotta think carefully and smartly about the size I should get HUm!

:P so pleased some of you like my little quizz

I think it doesn't hurt to 'zoom out' on brands/bags. I aspire to be a #3, which is why I'm 'here'- so much to learn even after 3 darling BVs. I want my next BV to be my total statement piece, everyday, default and as much a part of me as my engagement ring.

OP, I also have all 3 brands (not those exact bags though). Just go slowly and pysically try all 3 on again and feel which is the most 'you'. If you can't make up your mind maybe none of those.
I hope the bag will only remind you of your DH's apology and not the bad day

My lovely papertiger! I enjoyed ur quiz! I also tend to value my bags as much as I value my diamond ring. LOL I just realized that I shouldn't pay more than $500 for a canvas. Seriously! I decided to invest my money in a timeless piece of leather that smells yummy instead! BV in Ebano reminds me of Godiva milk chocolate for some reason! YUUUUMMMY! Do you think that Chanel would fall in # 3 too?

that's a good analogy! Although I definitely fall in the #2 category, I do have one BV, an ebano medium campana. I have to say the leather is gorgeously soft and touchable. Although I do wear it with jeans, It's understated and I tend to use it when I ned a bit of dressing up. I really think it depends on your individual style. I'm sure if you ask this same Q in the other forums you will get different responses!;)

HEHE I know right? The artsy all the way If I posted this in the LV thread hahahaha Gosh! All lovely TPFers are soooooooo persuasive HAHAHAHA

I think this three labels are so totally different - you can't compare them!
A BV is so different from a LV - I think you first have to decide which style you like and which one will suit your wardrobe!

You're right! HEHE I guess after I posted this thread I just realized that BV goes more with my style and personality than the other two brands!

LV signature bags aren't even made of leather
they are made of the same stuff as marco polo luggage
the only leather on them is the trim
way too much money for plastized cotton
and the logos
I see some balenciaga bags that I really like but nothing compares to BV
Balenciaga is also part of gucci group like BV

ITA with you! Plastized cotton is the last thing I would go for :smile: BV all the way!!!!!