Bottega Vs LV Vs Balenciaga

:P so pleased some of you like my little quizz

I think it doesn't hurt to 'zoom out' on brands/bags. I aspire to be a #3, which is why I'm 'here'- so much to learn even after 3 darling BVs. I want my next BV to be my total statement piece, everyday, default and as much a part of me as my engagement ring.

OP, I also have all 3 brands (not those exact bags though). Just go slowly and pysically try all 3 on again and feel which is the most 'you'. If you can't make up your mind maybe none of those.
I hope the bag will only remind you of your DH's apology and not the bad day

Talking generally those bags have such a different style aesthetic.

Having a bit of fun, take a magazine type quiz :biggrin:

Are you:

1. Old-school and classic, confident physically and verbally, happy in company, shop in only one or 2 exclusive shops and would prefer the lightness and easy care of coated canvas? Go for the LV

2. A bit 'rock n roll' and/or luxe-boho, confident artistically, happy in your own style, shop everywhere and love the lived-in look no matter how expensive? Go for the Bal

3. 'Effortless', timeless and understated, confident mentally, happy in your own company and shop in unique places by examination, thinking about the balance between art, craft and longevity? Go for the BV

that's a good analogy! Although I definitely fall in the #2 category, I do have one BV, an ebano medium campana. I have to say the leather is gorgeously soft and touchable. Although I do wear it with jeans, It's understated and I tend to use it when I ned a bit of dressing up. I really think it depends on your individual style. I'm sure if you ask this same Q in the other forums you will get different responses!;)

I think this three labels are so totally different - you can't compare them!
A BV is so different from a LV - I think you first have to decide which style you like and which one will suit your wardrobe!

papertiger said:
Talking generally those bags have such a different style aesthetic.

Having a bit of fun, take a magazine type quiz :biggrin:

Are you:

1. Old-school and classic, confident physically and verbally, happy in company, shop in only one or 2 exclusive shops and would prefer the lightness and easy care of coated canvas? Go for the LV

2. A bit 'rock n roll' and/or luxe-boho, confident artistically, happy in your own style, shop everywhere and love the lived-in look no matter how expensive? Go for the Bal

3. 'Effortless', timeless and understated, confident mentally, happy in your own company and shop in unique places by examination, thinking about the balance between art, craft and longevity? Go for the BV

that explains why I have plenty of lvs. I still love BV though. I say,go for BV.

I've been told that the artsy is extremely uncomfortable to carry on the shoulder. If you do decide to go for LV, something like a Galleria might be a better choice.

LV signature bags aren't even made of leather
they are made of the same stuff as marco polo luggage
the only leather on them is the trim
way too much money for plastized cotton
and the logos
I see some balenciaga bags that I really like but nothing compares to BV
Balenciaga is also part of gucci group like BV

I have all 3 brands, but almost never carry my one LV unless I am going out in the rain. My one remaining Bal, a black Twiggy I do love how it looks, but hate to carry it as it has no structure so it lays flat when you set it down. I have several BV's and have to say this brand is superior in quality by far. You will carry BV for years. I don't think Bal would last for years, mine is only a couple of years old and looks it despite the fact that I have not carried it often. But if you are looking for a bag that shouts out the designer name, BV may not be what you want.

I'm pretty sure that a large Belly is $2680, but the medium size is $2000. I cannot comment on the other two brands. I have a few BVs in Ebano and wear them year round. It is a nice deep milk chocolate color. Belly Veneta is pretty casual looking. I have a large Ebano Belly Veneta, and it is a big bag, yet perfect for me.

THANK YOUUUU jburgh for your reply. I saw the large is the store and the leather and the color are just amazing!!!!! The leather is soooooooooo soft! I'm sure you LOVE ur large Belly Veneta! Enjoy it!

I'm a bit biased because I love BV. However, don't you feel like brands like LV (especially the damier or monogram print) is getting too played out? And you see many people carrying balenciagas as well?

I think BV will be very unique, I like to call it "understated luxury".

BV ebano will def be ok for summer or any season!

Hope this helps =)

Thank you Beni! I totally agree with you! BV is very unique and subtle. It's very elegant! I never owned a BV but I will for sure! Hugs

I have both bals and bottega bags. While all the bags are lamb skin, I personally found that my bottegas age better and acquire a beautiful patina sheen with use and over time. Also slouch marvellously. Bals are good if you are in it for the fashionable look (they never fail to catch my attention when I see them on the streets) but I imagine my BVs will last me for many years to come. LV, they are everywhere and too loud for me. Good luck!

Couldn't agree more! LV are too loud and Bals are too trendy! I guess BV is the ultimate choice!

I do not have any BVs, so I can't comment on leather or quality. However:

I think the Gris Poivre (which is the colour I'm ASSuming you're referring to!) Day would be excellent all year round, Azur canvas feels very Spring/Summer. However, the Day is a very casual bag IMHO; I'd look at maybe the City or Velo if you want something you can dress up or down.

That's exactly the color I"m referring to actually! The "Gris Poivre"! It looks yummy! I agree with u! The Day is too casual for me. The Velo/City looks less casual! I agree

I love BV and need to confess that I am biased. I would opt for the ebano large belly, but you'll need a larger budget. I own a

I am not a Bal Bag owner. I do admire Bal leather colors and finishes but I'm not crazy about the hardware and the fabric lining. If Bal came out with a a less biker "chic" look, I might make a purchase. I do see many more Bals on my haunts in both Nor Cal and So Cal than I see BVs.

IMHO, LVs are ubiquitous. I have never owned one.

Hey Mousse! Thanks for the detailed reply! THAT's exactly what bothers me about Bals! I'm a bit uncomfortable with the biker look for some reason. I wear pearls most of the time soooooooooooooo Bals would look kinda off with my lovely pearls