Other soak off gel polish

After seeing some pics of Layla Flash Black I knew I had to have it. Fast shipping from AveYou.

This has to be the most holographic polish I've ever seen...It is spectacularly fiery! Just mesmerizing! And these pics were taken indoors, can you imagine how crazy this will look in the sun!?

photo5-4.jpg

photo4-10.jpg

photo3-12.jpg

photo2-16.jpg

photo1-16.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6-2.jpg

Yep, that's the problem. I just bought one of each in the collection! :P

Ha Ha, I had to bite the bullet and buy a bottle also! Hope it’s as fab as it looks! My hubby might shoot me if I bought one of each color, though I’d love to have them, LOL!

Got a couple progels from ULTA yesterday, btu today discovered them on e-bay for 1/2 price as compare to ulta (7.99). But still happy with new polishes.
Here is my mani with 3 coats of "Roman Red" , it is sort of darker chery red, almost brownish. I love the color!
Did anybody tried top and base from progel?

I don't, but I do have a base/top of the IBD JustGel that I borrowed from a friend who uses my stuff sometimes to do her nails (she just got me two new colors over the weekend - Green Monster and Blue Granite!). I would imagine that like the colors, they are all the same formula. They seem to work just fine. I haven't noticed any difference in wear or anything from using my Gelish. I used them with my St. paddy's day mani, since I cannot really squeeze one more drop out of my Gelish topcoat, so she left these for me to use until I could get more Gelish Topcoat.

Does anybody have any of these colors yet?

TruGel Canvas or JustGel Sand Dune or ProGel Doe Beige

and

TruGel Patina or JustGel Dolomite or ProGel City Lights

I too am very curious about them!

I dont have any of those, but I did ask a seller on ebay about Dolomite. They said it's a brown with a fine gold glitter - hope that helps!

Sounds pretty........ Hm.............. Stupid Bans! :sad:

I dont have any of those, but I did ask a seller on ebay about Dolomite. They said it's a brown with a fine gold glitter - hope that helps!

I too am very curious about them!

Sounds pretty........ Hm.............. Stupid Bans! :sad:

And damn dots. I think the dots look like it might be really pretty, but I'm scared it will be like Sweet Chocolate, which I actually almost hate, lol. :lol: Sigh. I can feel myself falling off the wagon.

IWHLVR said:
Can I just say I literally squealed out loud when I saw that! I am in amazement that you found it so quickly :worthy:
Lol it helps I've looked at it a million times!
FLmermaid said:
If you are talking about those first pics (those are my pics), it is JMO but I wouldn't call either of them really teal. The first one is Tiffany which is exactly, and I mean exactly, the blue color of a Tiffany box or bag. If you go down a couple pics, tohillary has a mani posted next to the box.

And then Turtle Bay I would call a sea green; it is a blue toned green (further down I took a pic in front of my lawn so you can see it next to grass). I don't think it makes it quite to teal.

They're funny because on the first thin coat, they look very very similar in tone but as you build up, they get to what you see on the swatch.

HTH you choose. Also,

EZFlow TruGel Tiffany = IBD Just Gel Jupiter Blue = Supernail ProGel Sea Foam
EZFlow TruGel Mojito = IBD Just Gel Turtle Bay = Supernail Progel Sea of Capri

Yeah those are the ones I was talking about :smile: I love 4 of those colors!

Will someone tell me the differences between Gel Polish i.e. Gelish and the soak off gel in pots i.e.IBD.....
Thanks

Gelish, RCM, Shellac, ACG, etc are all in bottles and have their own brush. they are thinner in viscosity and apply pretty much like polish. Some contain solvents, some are thinner gel/pigment combinations with no solvents.

The pot style soak off gels are a bit thicker viscosity and you need your own brush to apply them. They are gel/pigment and I don't think any of them contain solvents. They need to be stirred, as the pigments settle some. Some people find them more difficult to apply, I don't, but there is definitely a learning curve with them I think. Not all pot-gels are soak off, so you have to be careful what you buy (especially IBD, because there aren't vast differences in their jars of soak off vs. not soak off.)

Ha Ha, I had to bite the bullet and buy a bottle also! Hope it’s as fab as it looks! My hubby might shoot me if I bought one of each color, though I’d love to have them, LOL!

I have a very forgiving hubby . . . I have over 400 bottles of regular polish and that's not counting the 50ish my brother brought back from China . . . or the 20ish SOG's . . . course, I do get "my mom only ever had one bottle of polish" every so often . . . but he also says, "if momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy" so I've got that going for me . . .

EZFlow TruGel Tiffany = IBD Just Gel Jupiter Blue = Supernail ProGel Sea Foam
EZFlow TruGel Mojito = IBD Just Gel Turtle Bay = Supernail Progel Sea of Capri

Ahhhhh, I was wondering about mojito . . . that's really interesting! I went ahead and ordered the Tiffany but was a little worried turtle bay would give me lobster hands . . .

Ok... So what can you ladies tell me about Nailite Gia? They have a color called pewter that I think is the goldish color I've been looking for! Can you cure with an LED light? How is the wear? How is removal? Does anyone have swatches of this color? I've been looking for a gold for so long and all the ones I have ordered have been too yellowish or mustard-ish, this looks exactly like what I want! I hope the dot isn't lying!!!! Any info you can share is greatly appreciated! TIA

Ok... So what can you ladies tell me about Nailite Gia? They have a color called pewter that I think is the goldish color I've been looking for! Can you cure with an LED light? How is the wear? How is removal? Does anyone have swatches of this color? I've been looking for a gold for so long and all the ones I have ordered have been too yellowish or mustard-ish, this looks exactly like what I want! I hope the dot isn't lying!!!! Any info you can share is greatly appreciated! TIA

I have it in the pot-style gel. The color is the same. I like my Gia's - they wear well and come off pretty easy. They are a little bit on the thick side though I find. Not so much that it's hard to apply though IMO.

Pewter is the one to the left of the black holo one on the far right. Rose Gold is on the other side of it.
IMG_5765.JPG

Closer up pic
IMG_5766.JPG

And then when I re-swatched on the clear sticks.
IMG_6327.JPG

mittens414 said:

Yes it is LED cureable and actually removed very easily. I saw FK (aka Speedy Gonzales :smile:beat me to the swatch, but here's a comparison to their gold color 14K so you can tell its got more rose or brown in it than the gold color

sent from my iPhone tPF app

Attachments

• image-1939273261.jpg
    image-1939273261.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 735
I have it in the pot-style gel. The color is the same. I like my Gia's - they wear well and come off pretty easy. They are a little bit on the thick side though I find. Not so much that it's hard to apply though IMO.

Pewter is the one to the left of the black holo one on the far right. Rose Gold is on the other side of it.
View attachment 1648673

Closer up pic
View attachment 1648674

And then when I re-swatched on the clear sticks.
View attachment 1648675

That's it! That's the color I have been looking for, I love it!!! Only problem now is I can't find any place to order it from :sad: the only site I see it on is the actual nailite site which states it's for professionals only :sad:. Where have you purchased these from in the past? Thanks so much for responding and posting the swatches!!!!