Hermes-like Italian brand?

mangowife

Seriously tempted...
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
Okay ladies... please don't flame me for comparing Hermes to another brand, but this statement isn't from me!

DH and I had dinner with his boss and his boss' wife last week, since we are traveling to Italy soon and the boss and his wife LOVE going to Italy. They were really sweet and wanted to give us advice about our planning. Anyway, boss' wife doesn't really know I'm into handbags, but ironically she said that she picked up a really nice leather handbag the last time they were in Rome. I think she said the brand was Francesco/a - something, she bought it from a shop on/near the Spanish steps (not from the brand's shop, but from a boutique that carries many brands), and "it was really nice leather, just like Hermes, but more like $250 rather than $1500". :wtf: I don't know where you can get Hermes for $1500, but I do want to believe her when she said she got a nice purse. :P

So, I'm just wondering, does that Francesco or Francesca - something brand sound familiar to anybody? TIA!

Yep, I'd put my money on it being Francesco Biasia. Great bags, especially for the price. Not sure I've ever seen anything that comes close to Hermes in design though. I'd be interested to know what she had in mind.

If it is Francesco Biasia, then you can get it in the States. A lot of department stores carry it. Um, they are not Hermes-like in any way, so don't get your hopes up!

I agree, and you can definitely find them cheaper than what she quoted. They always seem to be on sale. They are great bags!