Workplace Laid off :(.... Louis Vuitton?

This is hard but in the end you really will be stronger. Unemployment is not welfare it is for times like this. Don't worry about your bags, it sounds like you are fine for now which is very impressive at such a young age. Life is a journey and you are at an exciting point in your life, who knows what this change will bring. Good luck to you!

I'm so sorry that happens to you. You are definitely not a fraud. I could relate to what you're going through on a different level. I was making good money as a self-employed Hairstylist with a good clientele. Then I was outted as a Transsexual woman in my town so I lost some clients due to their discomfort regarding who I am. I gone from making great money to enough to live on. Life is still beautiful!

Hi you just feel down, top being hard on yourself. You are not a bum! If someone gets laid off that is not a bum. Now where your bags drive your car and apply for unemployment. Keep applying for jobs you will find one soon. Good luck

Unemployment insurance is just that..... insurance.

(Would you not contact your insurance company if someone hit you in a car accident.)

The state would not pay you unemployment insurance if your were not entitled to it.

Make sure you file online for it ASAP.

You didn't ask to be laid off .....you were hit with it

Your job is not your life and should never define who you are.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes (like right now) we question our "worth" when something happens and it totally catches us off guard. It is normal to want to take comfort is things that bring us normalcy (buying a new bag). I would certainly do what was necessary to keep your spirits up during this difficult time and file for unemployment (after all that institution is set into place to help individuals such as yourself to maintain some stability while they are transitioning into a new phase in life) You are not alone and there are many others that are struggling right along with you. My thoughts are with you and will keep my fingers crossed for the upcoming interviews. Take care of yourself, take time to process what has happened, and the rest will fall into place.

Truly sorry about the job loss. I know from experience that can shake up your world. I also know that along this little journey we call life there will be other things that shake your world more (in both good and bad ways).

You are young, beautiful and bright. You will do just fine. Wear your LV bags with pride, you earned them. Just as others have said, apply for the unemployment insurance. :tup:

First of all, I'm very sorry to hear that. You shouldn't feel bad for collecting the money since you paid for it through taxes before.
We have a saying: If one door closes another door opens!
Good luck with a new job, I'm sure you'll find a new one in just a few weeks!

I'm so sorry about your situation. Unfortunately layoffs are very common, but like everyone else said, you've paid into the unemployment fund and you have every right to collect without any guilt- that includes keeping the LVs and the car and give it some time before you do anything drastic like selling them. My friend was laid off in the end of 2010, but found work within 2 months. It wasn't in the same industry, but it seems to have worked out. I'm sure you will find something else very soon! Best of luck to you :flowers:

Unemployment is justified in your case because you were laid off! Fill out the paperwork and continue looking for a job. If you find one quickly and only needed that one check, great. If you need more time and need a few more, so be it. Unemployment is not just from the government, your employer pays for it too so don't feel bad.

Oh and don't go selling off your bags right now. Its normal to think of drastic measure right now but unless you're bills are coming and your account is near empty, selling your bags now will only result in regret later. I'm sorry this is happening to you but I'm sure you'll find a new job in no time! :hugs:

Hi Everyone

Okay, I hope at least one person can relate to this thread. So on Tuesday I got laid off, totally unexpected. HUGE hit to my Ego :sad:..... I'm 25 years old, an accountant/ auditor (4 years experience) and working on passing my CPA exam. In one day I went from making almost 100,000 to 0 dollars. Fortunately, I got a small severance (2wks pay) and about 4 weeks of vacation and my paycheck for that 2 weeks was just coming in, this on top of my savings is enough for me for now. But now I feel like a fraud! I just bought a new car and was about to put a downpayment on a condo (thank god I didn't, I love living at home anyways lol) .... But am I wrong to feel this way? I almost feel like I make no money now and drive a new car (That I just bought less than a month ago, boo) and carrying LV's just makes me feel like a fraud :sad:.... Everyone is telling me to collect unemployment, which I would probably receive the max which is 635 a week where I live. But how can I collect? The thought of it makes me feel like a bum, almost like thinking there are people that are much worse off than me who really need their unemployment checks.... sigh I don't know.

I almost feel like I want to sell some of my LV's but my heart wants to buy new LV at the same time, common sense of course wouldn't let me ....

The good thing is I do have a few interviews lined up next week, so hopefully I can find a job within a week or 2 .... Losing my job though, makes me realize, maybe I shouldn't throw money away on things like LV's maybe I should save all my money in case this happens again?!

I just need some support .... If anyone else has gone through this and has been laid off or fired from there job I'd love to hear your story

Thanks guys

xoxo

Hey there! I am very sorry to hear this. I know Boston has been better at withstanding this difficult economic environment, but there are certainly many that have still been affected. With that said, the city is still doing better than most places so I think you will find getting a new job will be fairly easy, especially since you have a great background. It seems like these things always happen when you have made a big purchase or change, but you will get through it. Although your next position may not pay as much, hopefully it will give you more time to be a 25 year old. :smile:

As a human resources rep, I can tell you your company has paid into the system for you to be able to collect this, so don't think of it as receiving money from the state, its money from your company... don't worry about it.

Good luck with everything!

I'm so sorry that happens to you. You are definitely not a fraud. I could relate to what you're going through on a different level. I was making good money as a self-employed Hairstylist with a good clientele. Then I was outted as a Transsexual woman in my town so I lost some clients due to their discomfort regarding who I am. I gone from making great money to enough to live on. Life is still beautiful!

Thank you! ... Oh yeah totally understandable since you know the way you dress or ur sexuality is totally going to affect your skills as a hair stylist clearly,...NOT ... Ugh I hate close minded people!!! I am so sorry that happened to you, you'd think it's 2012 hello people ... Funny how ppl r so concerned with what others do in their personal life!! Well you don't need ppl like that anyways! I really hope and know you will build up a new clientele!! ...I agree life is beautiful and at least we are all alive to live anther day!! Thank you for your kind words!

Hi you just feel down, top being hard on yourself. You are not a bum! If someone gets laid off that is not a bum. Now where your bags drive your car and apply for unemployment. Keep applying for jobs you will find one soon. Good luck

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes (like right now) we question our "worth" when something happens and it totally catches us off guard. It is normal to want to take comfort is things that bring us normalcy (buying a new bag). I would certainly do what was necessary to keep your spirits up during this difficult time and file for unemployment (after all that institution is set into place to help individuals such as yourself to maintain some stability while they are transitioning into a new phase in life) You are not alone and there are many others that are struggling right along with you. My thoughts are with you and will keep my fingers crossed for the upcoming interviews. Take care of yourself, take time to process what has happened, and the rest will fall into place.

Truly sorry about the job loss. I know from experience that can shake up your world. I also know that along this little journey we call life there will be other things that shake your world more (in both good and bad ways).

You are young, beautiful and bright. You will do just fine. Wear your LV bags with pride, you earned them. Just as others have said, apply for the unemployment insurance. :tup:

Apply for the unemployment; you are entitled to it. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope you find something else quickly.

First of all, I'm very sorry to hear that. You shouldn't feel bad for collecting the money since you paid for it through taxes before.
We have a saying: If one door closes another door opens!
Good luck with a new job, I'm sure you'll find a new one in just a few weeks!

I'm so sorry about your situation. Unfortunately layoffs are very common, but like everyone else said, you've paid into the unemployment fund and you have every right to collect without any guilt- that includes keeping the LVs and the car and give it some time before you do anything drastic like selling them. My friend was laid off in the end of 2010, but found work within 2 months. It wasn't in the same industry, but it seems to have worked out. I'm sure you will find something else very soon! Best of luck to you :flowers:

Unemployment is justified in your case because you were laid off! Fill out the paperwork and continue looking for a job. If you find one quickly and only needed that one check, great. If you need more time and need a few more, so be it. Unemployment is not just from the government, your employer pays for it too so don't feel bad.

Oh and don't go selling off your bags right now. Its normal to think of drastic measure right now but unless you're bills are coming and your account is near empty, selling your bags now will only result in regret later. I'm sorry this is happening to you but I'm sure you'll find a new job in no time! :hugs:

Hey there! I am very sorry to hear this. I know Boston has been better at withstanding this difficult economic environment, but there are certainly many that have still been affected. With that said, the city is still doing better than most places so I think you will find getting a new job will be fairly easy, especially since you have a great background. It seems like these things always happen when you have made a big purchase or change, but you will get through it. Although your next position may not pay as much, hopefully it will give you more time to be a 25 year old. :smile:

As a human resources rep, I can tell you your company has paid into the system for you to be able to collect this, so don't think of it as receiving money from the state, its money from your company... don't worry about it.

Good luck with everything!

You guys are amazing,who would have thought tpf could become my personal therapy group lol you guys have made me feel 10000000% better I appreciate all your support and ecourgagement, I'm filing for unemployment ASAP and keeping all my lvs for now lol unless I go through all my money in my checking and savings I'll hold on to my babies!!! Thanks again guys you have no idea how much better I feel!!!

I am not sure if this helps but let me try, My husband was in the navy 23 years he retired 7 years ago walked straight into a great job, doubled his income, never been out of work for a day, he did a 3 hr daily commute to this job and gave his all. Last May 2011 we closed on a house, 5 days later he got laid off, he phoned me to tell me to stop unpacking, I have 3 children, my world collapsed.
We were so scared, he got 7 weeks severance. Straight away a friend offered him a 4 week job which he did and we saved the money. after that it really killed him but he claimed around 5 weeks unemployment . He hated doing it. He spent 10 hours a day applying for jobs, He got an interview in another state by the end of June, better job than the last job, 15k more a year, he got the job we moved, found a renter for our home, so far we have been here 8 months and the old job really did us a favour.
You are young, collect the money, you have paid that..... you live at home, apply for everything.... you will get another job and i bet everything works out just the way it should have done.... Good Luck!

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel lol this does help a lot thanks so much sorry you had to go through that but so happy it ended up being a positive! I wasn't a huge fan of my job anyways so hopefully the next will be great and worth it all thanks again!!