How to care for your BV bag?

Eugin

O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
Anyone have tips on how to best care for your bag in particular the leather? I got the black intreccio woven bag, and it had a wrinkle in the leather by the corner. Should I stuff the bag with paper to prevent more wrinkles and does the leather need any type of particular care? Thanks in advance!

Here is a pic of my bag(but in white):

I've always sprayed mine lightly with a protectant, that's it. I'm not sure what you mean by a wrinkle but they can have "puckers" in the weave. I find that everything evens out, loosens and blends with time and use.

I've always sprayed mine lightly with a protectant, that's it. I'm not sure what you mean by a wrinkle but they can have "puckers" in the weave. I find that everything evens out, loosens and blends with time and use.

Within a square(1cmX1cm) along the corner of the bag it's wrinkled so it's a pretty small area. I hope with use it will eventually go away. I'll try to take pics when I get the chance. Is there any particular spray you all use?

The wrinkling actually comes WITH use, because the weight of things carried in the bag stetches the leather, and the leather moves to accommodate the shape of things in the bag, and also the way you carry it. IMO, it's very natural, but to prevent the leather from becoming too dry, I would recommend moisturizing it with leather moisturizers. I have used the Coach one, and recently bought two kinds from LMB (the regular and the ultimate), but have not used them yet.

Within a square(1cmX1cm) along the corner of the bag it's wrinkled so it's a pretty small area. I hope with use it will eventually go away. I'll try to take pics when I get the chance. Is there any particular spray you all use?
I use the Apple Guard rain/stain protectant and have been pleased with it. I carried my BV today and accidently brushed up against my dirty car with it. The dust just wiped off with a kleenex. It maybe would have with or without the spray treatment but it gives me peace of mind.
I worry more about the suede interior and have been fanatical about my pens and that kind of thing. Do most of you use liners or other smaller bags inside your BV?

Apple garde has done wonders for my bags. I sprayed all my BV with it and have tested it by literally pouring water on in it! i know its insane but it works so well that water just slides right off! it repels stains to, you can just wipe it off. I consider apple garde my bags' guardian angel:angel: :angel: