Marc Jacobs in Rehab Again

stefania

la vie en rose
Sep 10, 2006
According to WWD...

Marc Jacobs in Rehab
03/12 01:41pm
NEW YORK — Marc Jacobs has checked himself into rehab.

After seven years of sobriety, the designer relapsed recently and decided to undergo a second round of in-patient rehabilitation for drug and alcohol abuse. The day after showing his Louis Vuitton collection in Paris, Jacobs, who has publicly acknowledged substance abuse problems in the past, left the French capital and flew to a treatment facility in Arizona.

Reached for comment earlier today Jacobs’ business partner Robert Duffy confirmed the rumor that had started to circulate around New York. “Marc made the right decision,” Duffy said. “He’d been sober for seven years. When he relapsed, he wanted to deal with it right away.

“According to the experts, such a relapse isn’t uncommon,” Duffy continued. “Thankfully, Marc recognized the problem himself and chose to deal with it. Obviously, our prayers are with him.”

00580m.jpg
00530m.jpg

I hope things go well for him, and hopefully he'll have some better LV designs when he completes his treatment. I loved the older ones he had done but the new ones are too out there for me. And I love him as a designer!

I agree with this, but at this point in his career,I don't know how much "designing" he actually does. I have a feeling he is more of a supervisor and comes up with ideas, but he does approve everything. He definetly works too hard, and obviously plays too hard too.

I agree with this, but at this point in his career,I don't know how much "designing" he actually does. I have a feeling he is more of a supervisor and comes up with ideas, but he does approve everything. He definetly works too hard, and obviously plays too hard too.

ITA. I like when he had more of a hand in it. And I really liked his own clothing lines too.
Sigh..well I really hope for all the best for him.