Picotin Paranoia

Jenny1

O.G.
Mar 25, 2006
I received my beautiful picotin pm in rouge hermes. It is amazing! My dh and dd both say it's totally impractical. They have made me concerned that it will be a "pickpocket" magnet. For those of you who own picotins, do you worry about someone stealing your contents? (I can't do scarves on top, too fussy.)

Nah, I don't worry about it. If you're worried, just carry it closed with the little strap and carry it in the crook of your elbow.

How would a pickpocket access it if you're carrying it in the crook of your arm?

^^ Totally agree, Perja. Plus, I don't use a big wallet with the picotin. Smaller wallets sit nicely at the bottom of the bag and make it harder to remove without sticking the entire hand into the bag!

IMHO, I don't think the picotin makes one any more of a target than some of the unzipped handbags I've seen around!!

That makes sense. What about if you have to put it down on the floor at a restaurant, for instance? I'm just repeating what my dd mentioned.

Cover it with a napkin. :smile: I doubt anyone will really notice it. Or you can place it sort of between your feet. Don't worry - just enjoy your bag. :yes:

Jenny1,

Congrats! So glad to hear that you got your picotin!! I remember you were torn about going with PM or MM...I'm sure the PM looks great on you!

Re: the restaurant situation, you could get one of those purse hooks such that you can hang the bag off the table. That way, you don't have to put your bag on the floor and it's easier to keep an eye on.

congrats Jenny! ....but I'll never put my bag on the restaurant floor. It either sits on a chair all by itself, or it'll be sitting on my chair, while I try to balance myself of the edge of the chair! lol...