Beyond the Rack

I've ordered twice from BTR and not had any problems - they were slow though 2-3 weeks. They emailed me 'status updates' ever so often. I only buy stuff I can't get in stores - like discounted Burberry. I wouldn't use them regularily because of the delays.

I placed an order from BTR about 6 months ago, and although it took a long time to finally be delivered, they did keep me updated via regular emails and I did receive the item within the time they originally stated (something like 4-6 weeks). I hadn't planned on buying from them again, but I couldn't resist when they had Tom Ford sunglasses last month in both the style and color I had been wanting. The price was fantastic (around $200) and they said they would be delivered by Xmas, so I went ahead and ordered.

I received an email confirming the purchase, but the communication stopped there. I checked my Account regularly, and saw that they hadn't shipped. On the date they said they'd ship by, I checked and saw that there was tracking number. The sunglasses finally arrived on Monday. According to the date on the label, they shipped them out on 12/8, even tho I never recd that info from them.

I was kinda excited to get my new TF sunnies, but when I opened the box, I was shocked at what I found inside - - there was a plastic Baggie with a white cardboard backing with the sunglasses wrapped around it. The white cardboard said Tom Ford on it. That's it! There was no case, no cleaning cloth, no authenticity papers! I have bought Tom Ford sunglasses before and have NEVER seen them come like this. When I read back thru this thread, most of the people who bought sunglasses from BTR said that they recd the cases and cloths and everything that norrmally comes with them. Right away, I wondered about their authenticity, even tho BTR states that everything they sell is guaranteed authentic.

I called and told them I had wanted to return them because of this, and she told me that they could get a case and cleaning cloth from the warehouse and send them to me, but I refused that offer. I told her that I had concerns about their authenticity because I've never seen Tom Ford sunglasses come like this and I can't believe that Tom Ford would ever allow an item of theirs to be sold in such a generic, cheap presentation. I boxed them up and sent them back via overnight FedEx, paying for shipping myself rather than using their prepaid
Abel (which was for FedEx Ground, which would take forever at this time of year!)

So today I recd an email confirming the return and the refund to my cc, but the amount they refunded included the 9.95 return shipping charge for using their label! I called and told them that I paid for my own shipping and that they needed to refund the 9.95 as well. At first, he asked me why I didn't use their label and that it's standard that they subtract that charge. I told him thats not what the papers that came with my package said. He then asked me for the tracking number and put me on hold. When he came back, he said I'd see another credit of 9.95 on my card for the return shipping charge.

I still can't believe how those glasses came, and I really wonder what they were thinking. She insisted the glasses were authentic, and maybe they were, but when you buy Tom Ford sunglasses - or you pay more than $200 for a pair of ANY sunglasses! - you expect them come with the proper case and cleaning cloth. Not wrapped around a piece of cardboard and stuffed into a plastic Baggie!

No more purchases from Beyond the Rack for me! I gave them a second chance and they blew it!

Hey people this is a great scam...hold your money and investing it while they profit millions a day off your cash before shipping your item a month later! They prob created this website just to "use" your money because clearly they could care less about their website which is crap.

It wasn't too painful to go through the CC. I just gave them my order numbers, the amounts, the website address, and explained the situation. They issued me a provisional credit as they look into it. I will definitely be keeping an eye on my CC statement, though.
Hey people this is a great scam...hold your money and investing it while they profit millions a day off your cash before shipping your item a month later! They prob created this website just to "use" your money because clearly they could care less about their website which is crap.

I placed an order from BTR about 6 months ago, and although it took a long time to finally be delivered, they did keep me updated via regular emails and I did receive the item within the time they originally stated (something like 4-6 weeks). I hadn't planned on buying from them again, but I couldn't resist when they had Tom Ford sunglasses last month in both the style and color I had been wanting. The price was fantastic (around $200) and they said they would be delivered by Xmas, so I went ahead and ordered.

I received an email confirming the purchase, but the communication stopped there. I checked my Account regularly, and saw that they hadn't shipped. On the date they said they'd ship by, I checked and saw that there was tracking number. The sunglasses finally arrived on Monday. According to the date on the label, they shipped them out on 12/8, even tho I never recd that info from them.

I was kinda excited to get my new TF sunnies, but when I opened the box, I was shocked at what I found inside - - there was a plastic Baggie with a white cardboard backing with the sunglasses wrapped around it. The white cardboard said Tom Ford on it. That's it! There was no case, no cleaning cloth, no authenticity papers! I have bought Tom Ford sunglasses before and have NEVER seen them come like this. When I read back thru this thread, most of the people who bought sunglasses from BTR said that they recd the cases and cloths and everything that norrmally comes with them. Right away, I wondered about their authenticity, even tho BTR states that everything they sell is guaranteed authentic.

I called and told them I had wanted to return them because of this, and she told me that they could get a case and cleaning cloth from the warehouse and send them to me, but I refused that offer. I told her that I had concerns about their authenticity because I've never seen Tom Ford sunglasses come like this and I can't believe that Tom Ford would ever allow an item of theirs to be sold in such a generic, cheap presentation. I boxed them up and sent them back via overnight FedEx, paying for shipping myself rather than using their prepaid
Abel (which was for FedEx Ground, which would take forever at this time of year!)

So today I recd an email confirming the return and the refund to my cc, but the amount they refunded included the 9.95 return shipping charge for using their label! I called and told them that I paid for my own shipping and that they needed to refund the 9.95 as well. At first, he asked me why I didn't use their label and that it's standard that they subtract that charge. I told him thats not what the papers that came with my package said. He then asked me for the tracking number and put me on hold. When he came back, he said I'd see another credit of 9.95 on my card for the return shipping charge.

I still can't believe how those glasses came, and I really wonder what they were thinking. She insisted the glasses were authentic, and maybe they were, but when you buy Tom Ford sunglasses - or you pay more than $200 for a pair of ANY sunglasses! - you expect them come with the proper case and cleaning cloth. Not wrapped around a piece of cardboard and stuffed into a plastic Baggie!

No more purchases from Beyond the Rack for me! I gave them a second chance and they blew it!
Thats the reason they were discounted so much..bc they didnt have papers/case

I don't get why you're so shocked by this. It's not like you ordered from Nordstrom and paid full price.

This is how they are able to offer lower prices on things.

People want the cake and eat it too. If you expect top notch condition/papers/box/etc then you shouldn't order from sites like btr or hautelook or ruelala

Beyond the rack has to be a ripoff. Some of their "sales", literally will take $50 off of a $1000 bag. You're better off buying it from the designer and getting the service while knowing it's in topnotch condition. I foolishly still check on there (I'm on the hunt for some Roberto Cavalli sunglasses on sale), but I wouldn't recommend anyone purchse anything too expensive on that website. I use a lot of the flash sale websites, and have ordered from all of them except BTR, I can't bring myself to do it (unless I find those Cavalli sunglasses...) as they seem quite frankly like a company not interested in bringing their customers value, service and quality. Atleast at ruelala and Gilt I get all three and I trust they won't make an "oops" with my order.

I heard this site was a major scam... i saw a LOUIS VUITTON sale once... it was like $300 - $1000 a bag... and I know LV doesn't do sales on their bags(right?) ever or they only allow certain places to have LV being sold.

So sorry to hear that ! I have never ordered from Beyond the Rack as I have no confident in them after my colleaques told me what they had in their " sample sales" (I m located in where they are located at....Montreal)....they are advertising of discounted high end brand names but............they actually only have cheap stuffs in their sample sales .

Originally Posted by missnicoleeee

I heard this site was a major scam... i saw a LOUIS VUITTON sale once... it was like $300 - $1000 a bag... and I know LV doesn't do sales on their bags(right?) ever or they only allow certain places to have LV being sold.

it was vintage/estate sale

not new bags

Yes. the LV sales clearly state the the items are all in pre-owned condition with the cheapest in rather poor condition. Some have scratches, missing pulls, stains, etc. The items are priced according to condition.... such as an old Speedy 30 with stains and a broken zipper pull for $99. If you are willing and handy with rehabs, it might be worth the purchase. :smile:

Purchasing the LV items are a gamble IMO as they are non-refundable unless you can prove as not authentic. They do guarantee authentic items.

Also, as far as why the orders take so long to ship/receive... they explain that aspect in their Facts and Questions section.

I refused to shop there a couple years ago when the Kardashians kept promoting the site when I had followed them in twitter ( please .. They are deleted now lol).

I had a bad feeling and just stayed away. I'd rather take my chances on bonanza or eBay.

I have made three purchases with Beyond the Rack and each was problematic and mostly related to the items received not corresponding to what was shown in the pictures. The first was a bra and panty set that turned out to be a much darker shade of beige than what was depticted on the website. The second item I ordered was a bracelet that looked fabulous in the picture and when it arrived it was a cheap piece of junk (but not cheap at $169) which I ended up returning. With the credit from that I then tried to purchase a Coach purse which was shown in black but when it arrived it was silver. BTR apologized and offered to provide a full refund. When I asked if they could just ship me the black purse they said they couldn't do an exchange. The next day after having this email exchange with their customer service people I noticed that the purse I wanted was available again and I called BTR back to see if there was something they could do to get me the purse but they couldn't. My only option was to purchase the bag on my credit card and then wait for the BTR refund in 3-4 weeks. The problem with that is that I had purchased the first bag partially with the credit from the bracelet and thus would have ended up with the credt back again which I did not want as I do not intend to purchase from BTR again. Their business model is clearly not geared towards customer service or customer satisfaction.

I bought a Dolce & Gabbana wallet at $350 and it turns out to be a 100% fake! Why am I so sure? - Fakes are fakes, from every details. I am a person who like to pay attention to the very details - the poor quality of the leather, the unsmooth zippers, the terrible scent left from shoddy manufacturing (not like the identity scent of Gucci leather products)…
Of course, BTR said every thing they sell are 100% authentic. What makes this worse this that they refused to accept return for the wallet, since it was final sale. I will go to a DG store and have their staffs verified this wallet…

I bought a Burberry sling bag from BYTR, the package arrived fairly quickly, but I am doubting the authenticity of the bag after reading negative reviews about the website. The bag came in nice packaging with tag and dust-bag included, but I am newbie to Burberry so I have no idea whether it is real or not, or how to verify it's authenticity, and I can't return it either. Sadly, it looks like my $300 is down the drain. Think twice before you decided to order from them, $50 of saving is not worth the stress and hassle!