Herbag puzzle

while my puny brain ponders this latest hurdle i have a question: what is the hole at the end of one of the straps for?

Herbag003.jpg

OH, that's what it's used for! It secures the crazy bag! Yes, you can just pull it out by holding the metal Trim-type clasp, and it will slide out (and back in again).

(it's my pleasure, Kicks!)

Oh, that hole (I think) is for your lock. It will keep the straps in place. I never use mine, I just keep it at the back.

I've never found it hard to assemble/disassemble.....I find it so strange that so many people do!

Just a note, if you have one of the first releases, there is no chain inside the rod, just the rod and the screw-in end.

The hole is to thread the lock through. It isn't just for show, if you thread the strap through the centre closure, then hang the lock through the hole, it will prevent the bag from being opened without the keys.

That's the loop for the lock (or cadena). And GF is right, I edited my note earlier (several times!) to state that the lock is in fact useful when put through the hole in the front strap.

so i pulled the leather tag and voila! the herbag is fully disassembled. thanks to katel and grands fonds for the help! baby's crying so reassembly (and modeling pics) will have to wait a bit. i think i'll try the toile.

Herbag009.jpg

Herbag011.jpg

My herbag is so old that it doesn't have that little chain -I got mine the first minute they came out - I was waiting for it because I didn't like the backpack style which came out first (as I remember it anyway)

oh forgot to say this - here's a little trick - if you want to wear the bag messenger style put the long strap at both ends of the metal pole instead of in the middle with the handles. It's a little tricky at first - you have to push the toile or canvas down a little to get it to fit but it does fit in the end.

lizhanover, i would actually prefer it without the chain since detaching it and sliding it into the rod are additional steps i don't need (i assume they added it at some point because people were dropping the end piece after they unscrewed it -- seems kinda silly). and actually, the bag came with the strap attached at the ends, not by the handle, which makes it a more wearable length for me. when i get a chance to reassemble it i will try it in the middle just to see. sorry guys -- the grand finale will have to wait until tomorrow!