LV prices in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

i think the prices are significantly higher in KL because of taxes. my mom never buys her designer things from KL, and whenever she or my dad travel for work they have a long shopping list with them because it's cheaper elsewhere

ive alwways wanted to go to the phillipines!
i alsobuy things when im in different places, because cali is SO expensive sometimes. even the soda in the vending machines!

^ You should come visit our beaches sometime... :yes:

So KL is not a good place to shop for designer stuff? I thought it would be pretty competetive in the asian market since they always use shopping as their campaign tourism ads :confused1:

I think for Asian countries, Hong Kong and Singapore LVs prices are slightly lower than others. Malaysia's LVs prices are higher. My friend paid MYR5,000 for her green perforated speedy, while same item at Singapore is SGD2,200.

But another advantage is, the stocks at KL LV stores move slower than Hong Kong and Singapore. Maybe there are more tourists at those 2 countries ? and buying power is stronger at Hong Kong and Singapore as well. So, sometimes you can get lucky by getting items that have been sold out in other countries. ;)

Prices as at 1/4/2007

speedy 25 mono/damier MYR2300
speedy 30 mono/damier MYR2400
speedy 35 mono/damier MYR2500
petit noe mono MYR2850
pochette wallet MC MYR2400
heart coin purse MC MYR1300
pochette wallet mono MYR1950
french purse mono MYR2050

Manila prices are higher than KL, Malaysia. I just went back from Manila for vacation on Feb 2007.
Bangkok prices are cheaper than KL (visited LV shop at Gaysorn & Emporium in Sept 2006 for my vacation trip).

p/s : 2nd LV boutique will be opened in July 2007 at KLCC. The existing LV boutique is located at Starhill, KL.