Quick question on purchase outside ebay

I have done it when I have complete confidence in the seller. It's risky because if you receive something not as described paypal aren't particularly interested in helping and you are unable to leave feedback. If you do use paypal make sure you use your CC and not any funds you may have in your account.

I have done it when I have complete confidence in the seller. It's risky because if you receive something not as described paypal aren't particularly interested in helping and you are unable to leave feedback. If you do use paypal make sure you use your CC and not any funds you may have in your account.
Oh, just wondering... What if I have some fund left in my account and want to use that up? Can I actually pay partially by the fund and pay remaining using CC? How would that be in that case?

Oh, just wondering... What if I have some fund left in my account and want to use that up? Can I actually pay partially by the fund and pay remaining using CC? How would that be in that case?

you can pay using partial paypal balance and partial credit card (actually, I think paypal makes you use the paypal balance before it will use another payment method). my guess is your credit card would just protect you for the portion that went on your card, and paypal protection would apply to the entire purchase. if you don't want to use your paypal balance, you can just put in a request for the amt to be transferred to your bank account.

you can pay using partial paypal balance and partial credit card (actually, I think paypal makes you use the paypal balance before it will use another payment method). my guess is your credit card would just protect you for the portion that went on your card, and paypal protection would apply to the entire purchase. if you don't want to use your paypal balance, you can just put in a request for the amt to be transferred to your bank account.
Thanks for the info! ;)

Do not use Paypal for a purchase off Ebay. I did for a fake bag and they did NOTHING. I had to file with my credit card to get my money back. Take any money out of your account and then make sure you don't have them take the purchase from your bank account or you won't have any protection.