Help me purchase a tote... PLEASE!

cjj

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
I have been looking for a tote for awhile. The problem is that so many of the totes seem small to me. I'm 6'1" and with heels 6'3"-6'4" so the proportion is important. I don't care for the flaps (so sorry!) and my lifestyle is casual (sahm for now) so I think the quilted GST might be too dressy. I occasionally see a tote that is smooth w/a large logo, big chains and wonder where it came from; I guess I'm drawn to that style because it seems more casual (?). I don't want it to look like I'm hauling a piece of luggage on my shoulder though. Help! What would you suggest?

Should I just buy the GST?

Yes, but my local Saks doesn't have a great selection of totes. I've been reading so many posts here and taking notes regarding styles and sizes. I thought it would be easier to ask as I am in shock as to how many different styles there are..... and how you all know about them!

Search some of Swanky's posts (Swanky Mama of Three) b/c she's got a white tote that is gorgeous, but I can't remember the name. It's one of those kinds that can be taken anywhere, dressy or cas. I'm a SAHM too, so I totally understand your plight. GL!!

I just held at Saks and at NEimans down here in Miami a large tote with perforated leather, not the new perforated leather with the small perforations, but a larger almost meshy type leather, and a gorgeous shape with the CC logo in front, it comes in 2 sizes, one size is larger than my GST, it was lightweight casual and gorgeous....I saw it in Beige, White or Black.

Hmm, I may have to call Saks Miami about that one; I remember the style of the leather of the older model.

Is it possible for someone to give me the measurements of the GTS? I haven't seen them on any posts. TIA.

Hi! If the GST is slightly too dressy, there's a LOT of other options!:yes:
I'll attach a pic of my Vintage Square Tote, mine is the N/S version, but the E/W version may suit your needs better, it's a little bigger.
Sounds like you may have seen the Cambon totes, try looking for a large one, the large is a great size, not too big, but the small and mediums are VERY small.
Also, check out the new Cotton Club totes, I preordered a large. It's similar to the Cambon but less trendy and not faked yet, also comes in some divine colors.

Here's a photo of my white Vintage tote and my GST I took back:

Attachments

• DSCF2145.jpg
    DSCF2145.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF2146.jpg
    DSCF2146.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF2139.jpg
    DSCF2139.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1332.jpg
    DSCF1332.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF1323.jpg
    DSCF1323.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 46
I occasionally see a tote that is smooth w/a large logo, big chains and wonder where it came from; I guess I'm drawn to that style because it seems more casual (?).

Should I just buy the GST?

Urgh! I think you are lusting after the same vintage as I am. I haven't seen it in a long while though. Meanwhile, how about a Cerf for understated chic? You will never go wrong with that!