Soft/Dull Gold Classic Flap -- What can you wear with this?

Feb 2, 2007
I just saw the most gorgeous classic flap I have ever seen. It was a dull/soft gold in metallic lambskin. I really, really want this bag and I put it on hold until Wednesday. My only concern is that I will have nothing to wear it with. Does anyone else own a gold Chanel? What do you wear with it? I was wearing brown leather shoes and jeans, and the gold didn't look great with brown shoes. I typically wear gold with brown and silver with black, but I don't know if this bag will look great with either. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Is this the one you're talking about? It just caught my eye in PersonalShoppers' auctions....really is stunning!

1.jpg

eBay: STUNNING CHANEL MATTE GOLD MEDIUM FLAP LEATHER BAG NWT (item 220088850261 end time Mar-11-07 19:17:10 PDT)

I think it all depends on your wardrobe/colors/personal preference, for me it would be a great spring/summer/resort bag, can just picture it with a white outfit, maybe simple gold sandals, or dressing up khakis and a white T -- I thinks it's a gorgeous bag, very different.

I think you could wear it with anything! A metallic like gold or silver can definitely act as neutrals: I think it would look great paired with brown.

Is this the one you're talking about? It just caught my eye in PersonalShoppers' auctions....really is stunning!

attachment.php

This is the bag! Thanks foxycleopatra for the pic! I have never seen it before today and it's quite funny that the same one is up on ebay. I couldn't remember exactly what the colour looked like, so this picture is great!

Another concern with the bag is that it may be too dressy to wear during the day or casually at night. BergdorfBlonde (or anyone else who own's this bag), does it look good with jeans, a casual shirt and brown or black stiletto boots, because that is probably what I would end up wearing it with the most.

Also, the SA told me they just received the bag. Does anyone know if this is an older bag or newer bag? Will it be available for a while, or should I snag it immediately?

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Attachments

• goldclassicflap.JPG
    goldclassicflap.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 141