Anyone ever made a BASE SHAPER?

Thank you LaurieLou! :heart:

I don't like saggy LV anything and ordered an All-In-One Shaper by HippieGal for my Speedy 35 too. Luckily, my mono BH doesn't need any shaper whatsoever--and comes ready-to-use. :biggrin:

When I got my speedy, she had some wrinkles in it from the folding, I had a base shaper I bought, and I use that when I go out- but when shes at home, she has the shaper, two magazines and about 3 pairs of sweatpants in her to make sure those wrinkles come out, shes totally stuffed and gorgeous to look at! I like the shapers, but I think they could be more stiff- I have the ones with the sides with compartments and stuff-

My husband actually made me one for my speedy. He makes prosthetics for a living and uses leather a lot, he just sewed two pieces of leather together with yellow stitching, similar to the yellow stitching on LV's. It came out great, and looks like it came with the bag!

Some of the LV boxes come with a stiff brown cardboard that is removal. I've used that before as a base shaper and it's perfect.

Others have suggested opening a CD case and leaving it flat on the bottom. I've used that before as well and it works too.

:nuts: I'm new to this forum and I've just seen your photo of your purse collection. WOW. Very nice!!

I'm considering buying Speedy next - so this thread is very informative.

since someone revived this thread. here's my two cents damier ebene speedy 25
60ec0c41.jpg

caaa3549.jpg

its like a little patchwork pillow. superlight

d4a1cef8.jpg

before

6812e853.jpg

inside

d9e5e316.jpg

after

i also have this other thread

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...-best-neverful-add-cont-pic-heavy-665985.html

I made this from a piece of cardboard, some magazines, and some wide, clear packing tape. Voila! Personalized bag shaper! I ended up rounding the corners per someone else's suggestion, FYI.

Attachments

• photo-21.JPG
    photo-21.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,388
  • photo-22.JPG
    photo-22.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,371
I bought Speedy 30 for my SIL 2yrs ago & today she mentioned abt the Speedy's bottom sagging issues.
I looked at it & cut a pc of plastic base & wrap it up with the only material at my place-(nobody look in2 the bag anyway} until i can find another matching material.
Now she's much happier esp looking at the way it hangs with a load of stuff in it. I must teach her to stuff the bag when it's not in use to retain its shape.
Just to share how sturdy is the base:- I placed heavy IKEA bowls for demo.
IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg