Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Oct 14, 2006
My newest Paypal account currently has limitations on it because I just started using it to sell items in hopes of raising my rating. I have another Paypal account with all my verified information. I forgot to put the verified information into this account before starting to sell items and then Paypal put the limitations up. The problem is that I can't put the information into this account because it is already registered on the other account. I sold about five things before this happened and they had all been paid for through my newest account. Now, I have told all the buyers to file a claim against my account so that they can get their refunds. Problem is that I am not able to issue them refunds because of my account limitations! These people really need and want their money back and it is understandable since I obviously cannot complete the transaction. I even tried to resolve all the complaints by trying to issue a refund through there but it still will not let me. Paypal says that if the seller(me) does not respond to the complaints by March 14th, then the claims will automatically be decided in the buyers favor. The problem is that some of these people are impatient and they are kind of threatening me saying "You better have this resolved by tomorrow." and I don't know what to do! I have tried contact Paypal 4 times and have received no response yet.. and I don't know if that is due to it being the weekend or because of the weather(apparently there is bad weather whoever paypal is located) so I don't know what do and I am freaking out because I don't want the buyers to be mad at me. What a mess. :crybaby:

Be patient and contact the buyers sincerely. I think they will understand. Just keep in touch with them. They are afraid that you maybe a lier. hope everything will be fine!!

Be patient and contact the buyers sincerely. I think they will understand. Just keep in touch with them. They are afraid that you maybe a lier. hope everything will be fine!!

I am trying to do that. I have contacted all the buyers and replied to all of their messages. I have described the problems I am facing in detail to each of them but on buyer in particular, is being very pushy and impatient. He is threatening me in a way. Is there anything he can do to me that I should be afraid of? All of his items have been escalated to claims and we are just waiting for Paypal to get back to us and issue the refunds to these people since I can not. I just hope he doesn't get mad at me or anything.. I am so stressed out. What a huge mistake I made trying to use that new account. Shouldve just stuck with the old one.

Hi. You have to have different bank accounts in order to have more than 1 PP account. DH & I found that out. It's a pain in the butt... Set up an ING account or similar checking account. Then you should be ok.

Sounds like a tough situation. To be honest, it's a little confusing. Can you use the verfied Paypal account to refund your buyers or does the refund have to come from the account that the buyers submitted the money to? I guess if the buyers get their money back, does it matter where it came from?

Cant you just use your 1 PayPal account for buying and selling?
This is what Im going to do.

With that said, I hope you get all this resolved quickly!! Good luck!

actually if you have two accounts and one is limited the other will be as well - they link them up automatically if you give similar info - same happened here. plus, you can only have one premier and one personal account. the buyer will have to wait I think - a bit of a pain but what can you do...

as for paypal - why don't you just call them? I never wait for email responses. ask for the resolution centre. good luck

I am a little confused. If the buyers paid for an item can't you just send them the item? Does it matter which account the money went to? If not I would forward the buyer's e-mail to Paypal and ask them what you are supposed to do about the harrassment. I swear ebay and Paypal are taking all the fun out of online auctions.

paypal have frozen my paypal account, and my SO's paypal account because we live at the same address. There are funds in both accounts and we have both completed the "steps to resolve" BS they give us to do. And yet, we can't do anything about it. My brother, sister and mum all have paypal accounts linked to this address too. But nada. They refuse to defreeze them or w/e. £50 down the drain. HATE paypal.

Hi. You have to have different bank accounts in order to have more than 1 PP account. DH & I found that out. It's a pain in the butt... Set up an ING account or similar checking account. Then you should be ok.

Yes, I am going to the bank today to get all the information so I can set the other bank account up today.. The problem is that I have a checklist of things I need to do in order to remove the limitations but this checklist includes things like faxing documentation, etc and I don't know how long it is going to take for me to complete all these steps and I can't have the buyers waiting untill then for me to ship their items since I do not know when the money will be available for me to use. So i figure it is in their best interest for me to refund them the money.

Sounds like a tough situation. To be honest, it's a little confusing. Can you use the verified Paypal account to refund your buyers or does the refund have to come from the account that the buyers submitted the money to? I guess if the buyers get their money back, does it matter where it came from?

the refund must come from the original account otherwise they will not be refunded in full. Right now, the buyers have all escalated to a claim and Paypal will not allow me to issue the refund from their since I cannot send funds but I recently noticed a message in my in box from Paypal for one of the complaints and they told me to reply to the message with the option I wanted and one of the options was to authorize paypal to issue the refund. So i replied and hopefully that works for one of them. I have all these people down my throat and its driving me nuts. I just want everyone to get their money!

Cant you just use your 1 PayPal account for buying and selling?
This is what Im going to do.

With that said, I hope you get all this resolved quickly!! Good luck!

Well, now I know that I am just going to use the one account from now on.. Either that Or I am deleting my accounts and staying off this stuff for awhile.. Too much hassle! :sad: