Food My Cake Creations (Post your own photos too!)

candiebear said:
I had to head over here to see more of your creations after you shared the galleria on the LV sub forum. SO impressive... I was thinking you had to have a business because you're so good at it! You are definitely better than a lot of those on tv... your cakes are very tasteful with nice lines. Great job!

I could not have said it better!

OMG I am so amazed! Can you share any key websites you used to learn? I've always admired amazing cakes like yours and I like to bake but not very good at decorating. I've thought about taking a baking class (just for fun, not for a business).

Thanks everyone! You are all very kind.

OMG! I love your cakes! You have done a great job and keep up the great work! I would love to do this for fun? Was it hard to learn?/Are your already a great chef? lol

Lol, I just do it on my spare time. It is extremely fun to make and also rewarding at the end. It was pretty easy to learn. You only need a few recipes and watch those cake shows on tv or search up techniques on youtube, and you should be able to experiment from there.

I had to head over here to see more of your creations after you shared the galleria on the LV sub forum. SO impressive... I was thinking you had to have a business because you're so good at it! You are definitely better than a lot of those on tv... your cakes are very tasteful with nice lines. Great job!

Thanks so much, you are too kind! :smile:

Your cake creations are amazing! You are truly talented. Do you do this as a living?

Thank you so much. I just make these on my spare time for now. I was thinking of starting a business but I am still quite young and don't want to invest all of my time into this yet.

OMG I am so amazed! Can you share any key websites you used to learn? I've always admired amazing cakes like yours and I like to bake but not very good at decorating. I've thought about taking a baking class (just for fun, not for a business).

I lean more towards Wilton recipes for icing (their buttercream icing recipe is great). Wilton also has great step by step guides on how to ice, cover and decorate cakes. You can purchase ready made fondant (Satin Ice is probably one of the better kinds, or even Virgin Ice from Bulk Barn) or make you own. If you ever end up making your own, try searching 'marshmallow fondant recipe', its 10x easier than making it from scratch. Wilton offers cake decorating classes at Micheals craft stores if you're interested. You don't learn a whole lot but it gets you started.

Your cakes are absolutely beautiful, the detail in them is amazing!
I went to school for this field and I can't even sculpt/make fondant shapes nearly that good. Haha
You definitely have a great gift.

Your cakes are absolutely beautiful, the detail in them is amazing!
I went to school for this field and I can't even sculpt/make fondant shapes nearly that good. Haha
You definitely have a great gift.

Thank you so much! I'm thinking of continuing with this and possibly having it as a full time job in the future.

Wow, you're extremely talented! I've thought about taking up baking to do as a hobby.

You should! I truly enjoy doing this and it's also very rewarding at the end.

Pink Domo!! :heart:

Lol, this was a last minute cake, so it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.

I'd like to add a few more pics:
farm7.staticflickr.com/6054/6343497756_b84d7b1405.jpg

This one turned out quite nice. It's a car, motorcycle and an asian guy eating Bun Bo Hue (Vietnamese beef noodle soup), except the guy looks kind of Italian, oops.

farm7.staticflickr.com/6059/6361134499_ae5142ba98.jpg

These took forever to make, but I'm happy with the results.

farm7.staticflickr.com/6058/6361139057_4eafa0a99b.jpg

I think this one is my favourite out of the 6 that I made this weekend.

Thanks for looking :smile:

The pics aren't showing up for some reason, they are uploaded onto my flickr account on the first post, sorry.