WARNING: beware spoof PayPal emails...

shop@holic

Feb 27, 2007
I received 2 emails from 'PayPal'; titled 'Update your records to avoid suspension'

I clicked on the link & the Paypal homepage looked correct but they were asking for all my bank info., pins, driving licence etc... I thought it was suspcious then noticed the web address was www.nstarpin.com but all the hyperlinks on the page actually go into paypal.com.

I realised it was a spoof & forwarded the emails to [email protected]

Paypal confirmed it is a spoof of a company trying to steal identities & financial information. :busted

Just wanted to warn everyone 'cause it can look convincing at first! :confused1:

Hello thanks for heads-up and inform us :smile: Fortunately you didn't click nor respond them.

Yes... just aswell, I mean you can replace your cards but if someone steals your identity that's not good, it happened to a friend of mine & the fraudster even managed to get a passport with his own photo & my friend's identity!!! Scary!!! :shocked: He found out after 3 years because he was black listed for credit because of the other guy!!! :hrmm:

Being excited to buy a bag on eBay with PayPal I took this email seriously at first... :lecture:

ah, i got one of those.
thanks for reminding us to keep our eyes open!

would be good to forward it to Paypal. The coding was very clever - I checked the email header & it was paypal.com - didn't know they could do that :confused1:

I've had a couple of dodgy second chance offers on eBay but the header was wrong so I knew instantly they were fake :yes:

I received one also. Mine said "Your account has been limited, please click here". I went straight to the paypal website to login into my account. There was no message there, so I forwarded it to paypal. Paypal replied telling me it was a fake email. Thank goodness I didn't click on that link in the email.

I just received an email from Paypal that said I should update my CC, because it was about to expire. It had my correct name in the message.

I think everything is spoof these days, so I logged into my Paypal account... didn't find any messages about expiry dates but did notice my CC would expire in the next 6 months.

Anyway, I trashed the original email and never did update my records... do you think this was spoof?