Marcie vs. Paraty. Challenge! And the winner is...

REREsaurus: Ahhhh! We are bag twin now. I have medium paraty in Rock too and I truly love that bag. As for marcie, I have a large hobo in light grey (the color is to die for!) which I just bought last month. I always get compliment when wearing it. You should get it, girlfriend!

beachgirl38: I'm only 5' tall but I chose the large marcie hobo because I could not resist the beautiful slouch of the large size. I did try the smaller one but somehow the larger size is prettier.

I really want to get the satchel with strap in bright red but chloe doesn't have that color now. Let me know if you guys see one, ok? :biggrin:

CHLOE!!! Hi beautiful. You cannot go wrong with either one, honest! Though I think if you like the bling of shiny hardware - the Paraty is a win. My dear friend was asking me which bag I'd "save" if I could only choose one. It would be the Paraty, but only by a slim percentage. I say you try it, I REALLY am in love with mine.

The leather is more matte than Bal, which I prefer. And is also VERY consistent. All my bags have epic leather. Plus the handles don't warm and, and, and the list goes on.
? :smile:
thank you my friend :hugs:you know , my first designer bag was just a chloe mini paddington , i started my bag addiction with chloe bags(and then balenciaga!) just here in the chloe forum (and also decided my tpf ID in honour to this brand!!)

as you : i really love chloe neutrals!!i think no other brand can't be compared if we talk about "neutral family" ,all colours are tdf :my favourite are just NUT AND SKIN (i love the python paraty too!!) .

Comparo pics of Ash and Rock together; and then my fabulous Chloe family (Ash, Rock, Light Tan):

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg

:heart:

:girlsigh:

WOW!!:yahoo: You take the best pictures - what a great collection of bags you have! So much fun seeing pictures! :smile:Isn't it something how a bag you love can make you feel so happy! I have never seen a rock paraty IRL. It almost looks black on my monitor. I heard rock is a great neutral & a chameleon color, which is cool. I really love the leather on these bags, so thick & durable. Congrats on all your bags & enjoy them! Nut marcie is coming on Wednesday & I will take pics!

RERE!! This thread is awesome... really, truly awesome. The Marcie and Paraty are different in style, but both so beautiful and necessary. You touched upon all the points that I was wondering about: comfort level of handles, ease of getting in/out of bags, amount of space inside, color difference between Ash and Rock, etc...

After reading your description and looking at your beautiful pics, it's official. I need both the Ash Marcie AND Rock Paraty... and since you have both, you must give me them to me immediately! At once! :lol:

By the way, have I told you lately that you ROCK?!!

Oh a Marcie in Vermillion sounds nice! What year is that from? May I see?

Its from 2010, here is a pic:

L1020206.JPG

Its quite a raspberry red, vivid but not in your face. Its my most complimented bag, because of the gorgeous colour.

You have a lovely Chloe collection! Trying to decide whether to get a Marcie cross body next, or a small hobo.

RERE!! This thread is awesome... really, truly awesome. The Marcie and Paraty are different in style, but both so beautiful and necessary. You touched upon all the points that I was wondering about: comfort level of handles, ease of getting in/out of bags, amount of space inside, color difference between Ash and Rock, etc...

After reading your description and looking at your beautiful pics, it's official. I need both the Ash Marcie AND Rock Paraty... and since you have both, you must give me them to me immediately! At once! :lol:

By the way, have I told you lately that you ROCK?!!

My job is done here then. *Dusts of shoulders. Not really, but at least we now know which bag is top of your list for the next (and last?!) purchase. Last? Taha, nevar! Both bags are insanely fabulous. Now that I'm carrying the Ash Marcie, if you asked me the "cliff question" again today, I might change my mind. You know how it goes. I do know a couple of your bags that I would just let go of though... in order to make room for more, how do you say... je ne sais quoi? You can do it. We need to refine.

My calves hurt. And: YOU RRRULE.

Its from 2010, here is a pic:

View attachment 1511529

Its quite a raspberry red, vivid but not in your face. Its my most complimented bag, because of the gorgeous colour.

You have a lovely Chloe collection! Trying to decide whether to get a Marcie cross body next, or a small hobo.

Oh sweet lordy. That is one FINE specimen! Is that from FW 2010 (so there'd still be a chance for me to find it somewhere?) or SS 2010? The color is actually called Vermillion, correct? I'm going to have to seek this puppy out. Since you have Vermillion, how does Garnet compare?

Thanks for the pic - she is delicious. I can see why you get a ton of compliments on her!

The Rock Paraty is gorgeous!! I definitely like it best of any I have seen with the gold... :smile:

Thanks Scoobie! I have to agree with you there. I've noticed that the Chloe' grays look fantastic with the gold-toned hw. I guess they compliment each other well since the leather is cool toned and hardware is warm toned. Gah love it!

WOW!!:yahoo: You take the best pictures - what a great collection of bags you have! So much fun seeing pictures! :smile:Isn't it something how a bag you love can make you feel so happy! I have never seen a rock paraty IRL. It almost looks black on my monitor. I heard rock is a great neutral & a chameleon color, which is cool. I really love the leather on these bags, so thick & durable. Congrats on all your bags & enjoy them! Nut marcie is coming on Wednesday & I will take pics!

Thank you beach. AND, I don't know if you noticed but Wednesday is right around the corner...

Yes the Rock is a chameleon, though it never looks black irl. It varies between dark rock gray, and dark brown. Its never "too" brown though, kwim? It usually stays in the dark rock gray area. So pretty, honest! I hope you get to see it in real life one day - then you'll be like: OH, that's what RERE was saying! :biggrin:

Hi! I'm not a regular here, but I was just peeking in and must say, you take such wonderful photos! Your bags are beautiful! Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by, bgaholic!

Simply being happy by looking at your collection:smile:

Thank you, chchcat!

Wow, ReRe, fantastic pics of your new Rock Paraty! Beautiful beautiful! Congratulations!

Thanks Gatsby! She is a favorite for sure. Can't take my eyes off her. What color will she turn into next??

Love your bags!! :love:
I recently purchased my first Chloe ever~ Small size paraty in lipstick/orange color.
It is so cute! It seems has much more room then bal first.

Oh I would love to see pics of the small Paraty if you don't mind! Did you post them up somewhere for a peek? The Paraty's proportions (and many of Chloe bags') seem like they are difficult to size up in photos. The lipstick color is beautiful though - congrats.

You and your beautiful pictures!! They get me every time. Every. Single. Time.

Fine... it's settled. I'll get an Ash Marcie, too.

By the way, don't you have another bag coming this week? I heard something about a fanny pack? ;)