Marcie vs. Paraty. Challenge! And the winner is...

congrats.. you know i might do that and get both since i like them!>> you inspired me

I say you should. They're two different bags but they give me the same happy feeling for both when they're carried. I think the Paraty is slightly more dressy and the Marcie more casual; but both could go either way. Really happy right now. :biggrin:

Congratulations, I love them both!!! I hadn't seen IRL pics of the Ash Marcie or the Paraty in Light Tan so this is really great, thanks!!!

Gatsby! Thank you so much. Did I... "help" out in anyway at all? :P What Chloe will you be getting?

Gorgeous! Congrats on your new bags....They are absolutely lovely. Will you ever buy the other types of marcie like the hobo?

I love the Marcie hobo. It is so nice. I had a hard time deciding between the hobo & the satchel. I ended up choosing the satchel, which will arrive next week. I prefer the smaller size in both the hobo & the satchel though - it just looks better on me - I am 5'3" & about 115 lbs. The large was very big, but had a nice slouch & I can imagine it would slouch more over time. I have a large Rebecca Minkoff Nikki that has a perfect slouch & that makes it not look enormous, so maybe that would happen with the large Marcie hobo too.

Gatsby! Thank you so much. Did I... "help" out in anyway at all? :P What Chloe will you be getting?

I have ten Chloe's now :shame: I have no business even looking at the Chloe' thread! I have three Paratys, two Marcies, four Heloise' and one Elvire. But I love them and they are classics. I'm not the worst though I think DaisyRock and others have more :smile:

Rere,Wow they are both so gorgeous! I will try to get some photos of my Marcie Nut with strap today and post them. I love the ash and wanted that but I don't think she had any with the strap did she?
I never in a million years would have thought I would fall for a Chloe bag, just wasn't on my radar, but so glad I ventured over here one day.
Are you really an ex-bal girl now??

Medium Paraty in Light Tan:

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

More pics of the Paraty soon.
ohhhh i love this rere!!i was just debating myself if gettin a marcie or paraty

Thanks everyone - I'm loving Chloe totally and completely. So much so that I bought another medium Paraty, this time in Rock. Chloe sure does seem to get their neutrals right? Rock is similar to Ash, but Ash is more taupe. Rock is slightly more gray. Keeping both. Forever. :hbeat:

Rock Paraty in Medium:

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

Gorgeous choices in color for the two style, and thank you for evalutating the two bags,. Personally I have a black paraty and Marcie in Nut. You will love using both of them.

cowey, thank you. A classy black Paraty might be on my list next, typically I'm not a black bag person (crazy talk, right?) but the gold hardware looks really nice w the matte black Paraty leather.

Those are stunning! Congrats!

Dear Addy - thank you so very much. I've always admired you since you were able to wear different brands besides just "the one" aka Balenciaga. Now I'm on that train too! :biggrin:

Rere,Wow they are both so gorgeous! I will try to get some photos of my Marcie Nut with strap today and post them. I love the ash and wanted that but I don't think she had any with the strap did she?
I never in a million years would have thought I would fall for a Chloe bag, just wasn't on my radar, but so glad I ventured over here one day.
Are you really an ex-bal girl now??

Lindy - Nope, none with the strap. I had originally ordered the Marcie Nut with strap instead of the Ash without strap but she said there was an error on her site, that she did not indeed have the Marcie Nut with strap. I decided on Ash instead since I had the Light Tan already. Glad I did, the handles fit nicely over the shoulder. I thought I'd be totally lost without the strap, but its not so bad.

I totally feel you! Chloe took us both by surprise, I am sure! Some of the earlier Chloe styles were a huge NO-NO for me, so I'm glad they refined their style a bit and made a few models more chic, kwim? Gah, loooove it. I only have two Balenciaga bags left... can you believe it? Whats in your collection now?

ohhhh i love this rere!!i was just debating myself if gettin a marcie or paraty

CHLOE!!! Hi beautiful. You cannot go wrong with either one, honest! Though I think if you like the bling of shiny hardware - the Paraty is a win. My dear friend was asking me which bag I'd "save" if I could only choose one. It would be the Paraty, but only by a slim percentage. I say you try it, I REALLY am in love with mine.

The leather is more matte than Bal, which I prefer. And is also VERY consistent. All my bags have epic leather. Plus the handles don't warm and, and, and the list goes on.

Love the Ash Marcie, fantastic bag! I have it in Vermillion, abs gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your bags and thoughts!

Oh a Marcie in Vermillion sounds nice! What year is that from? May I see? :smile: