Burberry haymarket check bowling bag VS LV Dmamier speedy quality

lvg

Jun 10, 2011
Hi guys
Just wondering how you would compare Haymarket check bowling bag with Louis Vuitton damier speedy interms of quality. Which one seems to be more durable and has more longevity>
chime in guys.:smile:

Hi guys
Just wondering how you would compare Haymarket check bowling bag with Louis Vuitton damier speedy interms of quality. Which one seems to be more durable and has more longevity>
chime in guys.:smile:

Hi there, I am a bit of a newbie in this forum but I think that the LV damier probably has edge for durability. I prefer the look of haymarket and nova to both monogram and damier, but have found the canvas does mark a bit more. Holds its shape much better though, and overall a nice bag in my view. :smile:

Hi there, I am a bit of a newbie in this forum but I think that the LV damier probably has edge for durability. I prefer the look of haymarket and nova to both monogram and damier, but have found the canvas does mark a bit more. Holds its shape much better though, and overall a nice bag in my view. :smile:

ok, that's informative, at least for me. Today I just compared both of these bags in the boutiques and came back lil undecided
. Just curious to know what everyone think;)s!

Love the Haymarket too but I must say LV Damier is more durable. If you are looking for an everyday go-to bag this would be the ticket! Although if it's to put into a rotation with several other bags it might be something to still think about. Either way it looks like you will be getting a great bag!

Love the Haymarket too but I must say LV Damier is more durable. If you are looking for an everyday go-to bag this would be the ticket! Although if it's to put into a rotation with several other bags it might be something to still think about. Either way it looks like you will be getting a great bag!
Thanks for your input.

I've got the older haymarket Chester bags, the one with the bumpy texture to it, and I prefer it over the LV Damier Speedy. I've had it longer than the LV and have used it a lot more extensively than the LV. It seems to wear like iron for me. I don't know how the newer Burberry ones hold up against the LV one though.

I've got the older haymarket Chester bags, the one with the bumpy texture to it, and I prefer it over the LV Damier Speedy. I've had it longer than the LV and have used it a lot more extensively than the LV. It seems to wear like iron for me. I don't know how the newer Burberry ones hold up against the LV one though.
I am also concerned about the newer products. Do you have the colour transfer problems with your Burberry. My Salespersons actually warned me of the colour transferring problem. Do you have to be very careful with it.

I think you have no reason for concern. I own Burberry coated canvas bags and they have held up like a dream. Mine are a little less than a year old and no issues with them whatsoever. I own both Haymarket and Nova and mine never even got color transfer. The Novas are more prone to that from what I have heard but I have had no issues with mine. They are a lot more durable than leather bags in my opinion because they do not even get scratches. Even though I have had no issues with color transfer I would still recommend getting the Burberry foam cleanser for coated canvas when you buy your bag, it is cheap too. When I got my first Burberry I also looked into the Damier which I loved as well but decided on Burberry and I have been very happy with my choice.

I'd have to agree as I have found the coated canvas very good with marks and color transfer. I did have a nova with black patent leather and the black marked round the top a little and I took it back into the store. They refunded and said it was a design fault with the range, but everything else I have has been fine. I haven't owned that much Vuitton but as the canvas is brown its going to be good for starters. its not as thick though i don't think?
yes you are right..i feel the same way. I Burberry is we constructed, felt sturdier.

I have my Damier Speedy for about 2 years now and just recently bought Burberry Nova shopper, I compared the texture of the material, Burberry seems to have thicker/more durable material but since Burberry's color is light, it does get dirty easily.

I have my Damier Speedy for about 2 years now and just recently bought Burberry Nova shopper, I compared the texture of the material, Burberry seems to have thicker/more durable material but since Burberry's color is light, it does get dirty easily.
thats exactly i feel. Material wise, burberry is thicker, feels sturdier.

Let us know what you decide but with regular cleaning I have been extremely happy with my Nova too and the Haymarket is very sturdy. I am thinking of a Haymarket later since I really love the pattern. Like I said I looked at both LV and Burberry and really happy I went with Burberry. I think the Haymarket is very pretty and the material is sturdier, the pattern is not as everyday and not as often faked. Where I live every second girl is carrying a fake LV and I can count on one hand how many times I have seen a fake Haymarket and when I did it was really obvious.