Secret Tips for Caring For Your Celine

I'm sure if you bought it from Barney's it is real (and for what it's worth from what I can see in these photos it appears authentic).

There is definitely more variation on the leather than I have seen on the smooth luggage bags before (though all bags have some variation). Some of the marks look like shelf wear (esp. on the bottom), just from being moved around and handled. Strange, if your SA said it just arrived. If conditioning the bag didn't take care of it I'm not sure you can make them disappear entirely.

thank you for your help they are not really visible unless you look really closely so i don't think it will be an issue. i just wasn't sure if it's a inferior bag

My black luggage has that streaky appearance to it in one spot, and I've seen other luggages with similar issues. I used Apple conditioner and it helped slightly, but they're still there. I've learned to not be obsessed with it though because I love the bag so much.

Can I know how to care for a new Celine bag? For waterproofing, moisturizing or both? Need help ladies!! And do we always store it in the dustbag when not in use or good for airing it outside sometimes? Please advise!

Can I know how to care for a new Celine bag? For waterproofing, moisturizing or both? Need help ladies!! And do we always store it in the dustbag when not in use or good for airing it outside sometimes? Please advise!

Which bag? The leather is different on different styles of bags, so you will probably get a better response if you tell us what bag you are trying to care for.

As for storage, I always store a bag in it's dustbag when not in use.

hi everyone!

im new here too... getting my first celine luggage tote in camel and wanna know where to get the Apple Leather Care in Singapore??

i wanna start learnin how to taking care for my bag.. :peace:

Hello girls, I need your help! Some girl on the bus left a mark with her black pen on my lovely Celine cabas tote (!!!). The leather is very soft and gentle so I'm hopeless I don't know how to wash it or if it's even possible to do so. I was recommended to use a nail varnish remover but obviously I hesitate to do this, because I fear it will bleach the leather. Anyone ever had similiar situation? I have no idea what to do.

Do you all use the apple care moisturizer on new Celine bags before you use them? Does it soften up the leather very much?

Hmm I got my Celine in black smooth micro luggage...

I use Bick4 conditioner to freshen up an condition my luggage bags. I have never used them myself, but I believe if you do a search there is a thread somewhere about apple products on Celine.

I use Bick4 conditioner to freshen up an condition my luggage bags. I have never used them myself, but I believe if you do a search there is a thread somewhere about apple products on Celine.

THANKS! How does the bick4 work on your luggage totes? Does it soften them up and make them lose their shape at all?

Forgive me if there is a thread like this already, but I haven't seen one. I am starting this due to a recent discovery (yesterday, in fact!) that both relieved and delighted me!

There was a GREEN stain/spot on a VERY light-colored Celine Mini I have, and it is one I plan on selling. I had taken it to Nordstrom's to show Jane Yoon, my SA, and discovered the spot then. I FREAKED. The bag had been stored fpor quite a while, so I am not sure why it was there--it was faint, but STILL!

Jane briskly appears with a tissue dabbed with something on it, and wipes the bag. The spot disappears! I asked her what was on the tissue:

CHANEL EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!!!!

Turns out she had heard from a Celine rep that this works. . .they had been there just before my arrival.

So, I thought I would share that with you guys in case you ever had a similar scenario (God Forbid!)

The only other tip I have heard of (from you guys) is that carrying baby wipes is a good idea, as they can work wonders. I have never tried it, but a fellow member I found a bag for did. She said it was like magic!

Hope anyone who knows of other "secrets" or just common-sense knowledge about caring for different types of leather (pebbled, smooth) or styles of bags, and/or the interior/exterior of Celines will post. :smile:

Do you know if it's only Chanel eye makeup remover that works or any eye makeup remover will work?

I have some very slight spots on my mini, almost looks like a sparkly eyeshadow smudge. I tried baby wipes, but it didn't work (but maybe it's because I used sensitive baby wipes without alcohol? I was just scared to use ones with alcohol in case it dried out the leather).

Do you know if it's only Chanel eye makeup remover that works or any eye makeup remover will work?

I have some very slight spots on my mini, almost looks like a sparkly eyeshadow smudge. I tried baby wipes, but it didn't work (but maybe it's because I used sensitive baby wipes without alcohol? I was just scared to use ones with alcohol in case it dried out the leather).

Don't blame you for being cautious, especially with baby wipes. I am unsure if any baby wipes contain actual alcohol, as that would irritate baby skin, but using ones for sensitive skin should work unless they are very dry. I have seen the Chanel Eye make-up remover work, but I do not know the ingredients in the formula. Otherwise I could help you in figuring out if any brand would work, and on any stain. if it were me, I would take the bag to a dept store who carries the Chanel brand and just ask for a sample and use it right there!

Maybe you could call the cosmetics dept of a store and ask for the ingredients of the Chanel brand, and see if you own any that is similar. In this case, the investment in the Chanel remover may be worth it if it works, and if not, return it.

Good luck!