A few questions from a girl who knows almost nothing about Balenciaga..

xcrowx22

Jul 10, 2006
I just have a few questions for you wonderful ladies. :smile:

Are there any sites online that sell Balenciaga bags (and accessories!!)? I know there's a thread on here, about who sells Balenciaga, but it was a little overwhelming skimming through all the pages. :s
It's just a lot easier for me to shop online than going to a store (I'm legally blind and can't drive, so it's tough getting a ride a lot of the time).

Does Prada Gucci Tod's Hogan Shoes Handbags and Clothing Made in Italy sell authentic bags? I heard somewhere that they did, but now I'm not so sure.

Also.. How much does a black City usually go for?

And I've heard from a couple people that over time the leather gets thin and pretty shabby. Is that true? Are they really worth the money?

I'm sorry for so many questions. I've just been tossing around the idea of buying a black City bag for awhile now, and for someone with not a whole lot of money, I'm a little skeptical about buying something for so much money. Buuut.. I do love these bags a lot, and next to my LV Damier Speedy, it's my dream bag. I just want to make sure I know what I need to know before spending so much money. :smile:

Thanks a lot!

ateliarnaff.blogspot.com There is all the information that will help you with price, different styles, colors, how to tell the real from the fake. Hope this helps.

the black city usually goes for 1195 USD.

Aloharag.com
Luisaviaroma.com (in Italy)
are reputable online stores that sell authentic balenciaga but you need to email them and ask for a pdf file to see what they have currently available.

Bal doesn't allow any of its authorized retailers to sell online. So if you see Bbags online, there are high chances that it's fake. With ebay, tread carefully - there are some extremely good buys, and then there are the very good fakes.

Black cities can vary in price depending on the year. People generally find '05 and earlier leather to be the best. Also, the leather doesn't get shabby over time... of course you need to periodically clean it and condition it, but over time it tends to get slouchier and softer (which is a very gratifying process).

*Technically* there is no place you can order online from-you must complete the transaction over the phone. Depending on where you live, there are better and worse options for you. If you're in Europe, Luisa Via Roma is a good bet, as well as Balenciaga Paris. If you're in the United States, you can go through Aloha Rag (free shipping, great service), Neiman Marcus, Balenciaga NY, Barneys, and boutiques scattered throughout the country.

Assuming you're in the United States, I would go through Balenciaga NY or Aloha Rag. They both have good reputations for service and picking out bags to your specifications. Members have current stock lists for Aloha Rag and you can call/e-mail them once you make a selection. Balenciaga you would probably want to call.

Your other option is eBay. If you find a black city on eBay, you can always post it to the Authenticate This! thread to get confirmation on it. This bag pops up pretty frequently since black is made every season, and it's more likely you'll get a deal through eBay.

I hope that helps.

When purchasing your first Bbag, I recommend NOT going through the Balenciaga Boutique. If you have second thoughts, you cannot return the bag. You can only exchange for another or receive store credit. And if you do exchange, you are limited to exchange only 2 times.

I wish someone told me this when i bought my first Bbag a month ago, because I could not stop changing my mind! So, if you live near Neiman Marcus, hit it first. Get friendly with an SA there and try on everything they have...all the shapes, all the colors. Buy one and take it home, if you must. Then go home and try it out. If you love it, great. If you have second thoughts, then you have the freedom to either return it and get a full refund, or to exchange it with something else you'd like to try.

The thing with Balenciaga is that there is just SO much choice, and it's so difficult to choose one. You WILL end up buying 2 or 3 Balenciagas within the next month after you buy your first. I didn't think it would happen to me, but look at me now...one in my possession and 2 on the way! :nuts: