Please give opinions and/or vote on these neckties

Manly or Yucky

• Manly

• Yucky

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bee...Bee

Dizziness to myself
Mar 16, 2006
I would be grateful for your take on these tie patterns. Please give honest opinion and you can praise/blast them as much as you want. I am going to keep my view a secret :P for a moment to let the thread flow without any preconception. I am getting a different view from other people in my former profession which I totally do not agree with so I am wondering whether my preference or theirs is rubbish!

The result may have an implication on whether I should give advice on fashion sense to another person in another thread or not, LOL.

Anyway here are the ties:
n199714375_32836195_6569.jpg

oooh i really want to see but the pic doesn't work! i don't think you can hotlink facebook images, you'll have to save it and upload it on imageshack or photobucket or something..

are they really vile? :devil:

i do that sometimes if i hotlink off another board, but it only works for the person logged in and then i get told off for it :lol:

ok umm...

-the far left one is really :yucky: i might have picked it out as wallpaper when i was six
-the next one is pretty bad too
-the purple one makes me think of priests for some reason
-the last one looks like a magic eye pattern, and worringly like crochet :wtf:

so i think i'd say bad :lol: my eyes are starting to hurt :wtf:

TERRIBLE - really terrible. (even my baby started to cry - coincidence... I think NOT!! haha)

(judging by your bag taste i'd say your former colleagues may be off!) :smile:

Well I don't like the ties - but I also know that men in the UK tend to be more daring in their shirt/tie combos than Americans. Well done right, I love how British men dress...I'd have to opine that these ties aren't British men at their best though....

i kinda have problem seeing women in ties, it's kinda reminded me of avril lavigne which is a majow no no to me...
but i've seen irina lazarenau wearing white shirt and black tight vest with a skinny black tie that looks great actually. but i guess because she had an androgny look that matched the outfit

Hehe, thank you to every lady who confirmed my belief.:lol:

Believe it or not, I got this from a forum where a few investment bankers get together to boast about their greatest deeds (I must say most of the time they talk like amateurs). To be honest, when I was reading what they were writing, they seem to have no humility - all claiming that they know it all and that all other professions suck. It is very funny to read them fight each other but I am thinking they need to look at their ties first, LOL.

And believe it or not for the 2nd time, this is the venerable Italian brand of Ermenegildo Zegna. I have to make sure that every male person I know stays away from this brand then because I think this 'Cool Ice' collection is absolutely gross and apparently, reading from that forum, they cost £70 (~$140) each!

Lastly, I am not sure whether I can say this because it is very nasty but I’ll say it anyway. I mailed it to one of my friend who is still in the industry. She blackberried back a really stinging comment: ‘That is why these oiks have to get ‘scored’ in strip clubs. No sane woman will look at the plebs wearing these ties. Did I forget to say that they will never make it over the analyst level?’ :sweatdrop:

N.B. Oik is a British slang word for blue-collar workers and pleb has the Shakespearean root in the word plebian.

ananas said:
i seem to be the only one to think that #1 is the most disgusting out of them :lol: but that doesn't mean i like the other ones, i really really hate #1 :throwup:

You better not date investment bankers then; every single one of them was saying that No.1 is the best. I am imagining these guys probably use the whole tub of hair gel to get it all shiny and spiky like the salesman at your nearest Carphone Warehouse.

winternight said:
Well I don't like the ties - but I also know that men in the UK tend to be more daring in their shirt/tie combos than Americans. Well done right, I love how British men dress...I'd have to opine that these ties aren't British men at their best though....

Hehe, it's not all bad, LOL. I like to think I make sure my husband went out vaguely well dressed this morning. Notice I use the word make sure because what I choose, he MUST wear, LOL. I was in the mood to take a photo of him this morning but he just wouldn't let me, LOL so I'll show you what he wore this morning on a hanger instead. Actually since we will be moving to New York soon, is this combination to much for the Americans?

N.B. Also my lousy ironing on the collar :sweatdrop:.

You better not date investment bankers then; every single one of them was saying that No.1 is the best. I am imagining these guys probably use the whole tub of hair gel to get it all shiny and spiky like the salesman at your nearest Carphone Warehouse.

believe it or not, i had no such plans to begin with :wtf: :lol:

is this a private or public facebook group? i'm getting rather curious :devil: