Review Kérastase ELIXIR ULTIME

If you want crazy body, try the Kerastase Volumactive mousse. My mother was cleaning out her bathroom and gave me two new bottles. It is AMAZING stuff.

I've used the thickening shampoo and spray from Kerastase, also in the green packaging line - both sucked. The shampoo made my hair unbearably dry and snarled, and the spray did nothing but weigh my hair down.

The mousse, on the other hand, is the most luxurious body giving product I've tried.

Top 3 Kerastase products.

Elixir Ultime - (smells and works great)
Volumactive Mousse (insane body, pleasant fragrance, no "crunchy" feel)
Masquintense (smell is kinda "eh" but noticably softer and healthier after use)

Worst 3 Products

Sublimateaur Jour leave-in creme (Smells like a 1920's woman's bath soap and does nothing)
Bain Volumactive shampoo for fine/limp hair (drying and no volume)
Chroma Riche mask for color treated hair (not even half as great as the Masquintense)

I broke down and bought some of this. I didn't get an extreme amount of volume, but I did not have to wash my hair the next day - it held the style so well. That is rare, since my hair usually gets limp and stringy by day two. Its a keeper!

I broke down and bought some of this. I didn't get an extreme amount of volume, but I did not have to wash my hair the next day - it held the style so well. That is rare, since my hair usually gets limp and stringy by day two. Its a keeper!

Speaking of volume! I was reading comments from a poster here about the Kerastase Volumorphose treatment. As I am always desperate for body, I went to a salon a few blocks from my home and begged the salon owner to sell me a few tubes directly (versus the in-salon treatment the tubes are intended for.) I used half a tube the next morning and my hair looked awesome. It didn't have ridiculous volume or anything drastic - it just looked like the best possible hair day my lousy head of hair could be capable of. It was healthy looking and had nice body and shine.

The truth test of how great Volumorphose is, was that after being at my boyfriend's for a week, I noticed my hair wasn't styiing as well - it looked a little less full and not as overall nice. I was still using the Elixir Ultime and the Volumactive mousse, - but, it just didn't look as good. Used the rest of the tube that I had taken with me and voila - hair looked happy and shiny again.

I'm currently plotting out a way to get more tubes from a reputable on-line seller - in case the dude at the salon doesn't want to sell them without a treatment again :smile:

Speaking of volume! I was reading comments from a poster here about the Kerastase Volumorphose treatment. As I am always desperate for body, I went to a salon a few blocks from my home and begged the salon owner to sell me a few tubes directly (versus the in-salon treatment the tubes are intended for.) I used half a tube the next morning and my hair looked awesome. It didn't have ridiculous volume or anything drastic - it just looked like the best possible hair day my lousy head of hair could be capable of. It was healthy looking and had nice body and shine.

The truth test of how great Volumorphose is, was that after being at my boyfriend's for a week, I noticed my hair wasn't styiing as well - it looked a little less full and not as overall nice. I was still using the Elixir Ultime and the Volumactive mousse, - but, it just didn't look as good. Used the rest of the tube that I had taken with me and voila - hair looked happy and shiny again.

I'm currently plotting out a way to get more tubes from a reputable on-line seller - in case the dude at the salon doesn't want to sell them without a treatment again :smile:

Let me know what you find! I was given a tube of Injection De Force, but this is supposed to be used before color treatments. Since I go to a salon to get my hair done, I haven't used this - but I will give it to my hairdresser to use on me before my coloring treatment.

My, all your suggestions are going to drive me to the poor house (but at least I will have shiny, bouncy hair)!

I posted the active ingredients in my opening post, maybe this will help{?}

^^there are some silicones, but NOT like other "oils". You can feel and see a distinct difference in this oil's texture/consistency compared to Moroccan and other. It's not as thick and sticky. . . silicone-y. Your hair drinks this up. I could feel the build up on my hair after a while using Enjoy oil and Moroccan oil, this DOES not do that :nogood:
I attached ingredients.

***HOLY GRAIL alert!***
lol! Seriously, this is THE best oil I've ever put in my hair. 2 words: amazeballs.

homepromo_kerastase_elixir_22oct10.jpg

You can use it as a pre-shampoo to really nourish damaged hair, use it damp before drying or a little after for shine. Best product in my bathroom right now.

http://www.kerastase-usa.com/_en/_u...stase ultime&gclid=CL2qkeas8qgCFcZe2godtnZDDg
from website:
BENEFITS
Elixir Ultime delivers a powerful cocktail of emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine and suppleness while promoting cellular renewal.
The elixir brings shine, nourishment and deep conditioning to the hair while smoothing the hair fiber, resulting in incredible shine. The multi-use elixir also helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors.
APPLICATION
Multi-Use Beautifying Product:
This product can be used before cleansing to remove impurities and deeply nourish.
Elixir can be administered to damp hair for intense conditioning.
Utilize before blow-drying for additional protection and shine.
Add product as a finishing touch for enhanced shine and frizz-control.
Apply multi-use elixir to dry ends throughout the day for ultimate smoothness.
TECHNOLOGY
Featuring Oléo-Complexe Technology a powerful cocktail of emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients from Maize, Pracaxi, Camellia and Argan oils.

Maize Oil extracted from corn germs of Central America, Maize Oil delivers emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine.

Pracaxi Oil native to the Amazon, Pracaxi Oil brings shine, nourishment and deep conditioning to the hair.

Camellia Oil harvested in Asia, Camellia Oil helps smooth the hair fiber, resulting in incredible shine.

Argan Oil from North Africa, Argan Oil helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors.

Attachments

• Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 588
Hi ladies, wonder if you can help me... I used this for the first time yesterday, I put it onto my wet hair before blow drying and it's made my hair so greasy :sad:. I've got really fine hair and I was wondering if you knew what the best way to use it would be?