Need a helping hand with a Purse Article.....

lv_obsessed

Currently obsessed with: Mulberry & Céline
O.G.
Mar 25, 2006
Howdy all!!!!! I'm in the drafting stages of an article I'm attempting to write for a magazine, and if it wouldn't be too much to ask, I could really use a helping hand!!!!!;)

If anyone has a spare couple of minutes to answer these few questions, that would be great (just post your answers in this thread).:yahoo:

1. What's your first name? (you can just make one up if you don't want to give me a real name)
  2. How did your bag addiction start?
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? What do they represent?
  4. What's your favorite designer?
  5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time?
  6. What bag is next on your wishlist?
Thank you in advance everyone!!!! :smile:
I'll keep you posted on how the article is going.....

Hey :shame: Wow, this is great!!! I'd be glad to help!
  1. What's your first name? (you can just make one up if you don't want to give me a real name) Lisa
  2. How did your bag addiction start? It just happened, really... suddenly I was into bags and kept being drawn to the Bags section of another forum... and I ended up on the PF and since then my addiction just got more intense!
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? What do they represent? They're just so damn beautiful! Handbags are an extension of yourself, and I believe they are a very important part of an outfit. I like to take care of the image I project, therefore handbags are important in completing the looks I like to sport :smile:
  4. What's your favorite designer? Gah, there are too many! When it comes to handbags I would say, however, that right now, Balenciaga is at the top of my list :smile:
  5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time? The Birkin :love:
  6. What bag is next on your wishlist? Balenciaga Day :shame:

Here you go!! Hope it helped :smile: Good luck with writing your article!​

Howdy all!!!!! I'm in the drafting stages of an article I'm attempting to write for a magazine, and if it wouldn't be too much to ask, I could really use a helping hand!!!!!;)

If anyone has a spare couple of minutes to answer these few questions, that would be great (just post your answers in this thread).:yahoo:

1. What's your first name? (you can just make one up if you don't want to give me a real name)Robyn
  2. How did your bag addiction start? DH started the habit back in 1988- Wife of friend had D&B Dr. Satchel, fell in love with it and BF (now DH) purchased it for valentines that year.:yahoo:
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? What do they represent? No longer working outside of the home in a professional capacity, so it's jeans & sweats 24/7 - bags are the best way to still exhibit some fashion sense:sad:
  4. What's your favorite designer? Jimmy Choo
  5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time? Jimmy Choo Red Crocodile Ramona:nuts:
  6. What bag is next on your wishlist? Jimmy Choo Red Crocodile Ramona:hysteric:

1. What's your first name? (you can just make one up if you don't want to give me a real name) - Jill
  2. How did your bag addiction start? When I was about 10
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? I have always loved handbags every since I was a child. I think they are a fashion statement. I may not always be able to fit into the latest designer jeans but I can always look good with a good bag or shoes
  4. What do they represent? My style and fashion awareness
  5. What's your favorite designer? Chanel Or Louis Vuitton
  6. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time? An all time favorite for me is the Louis Vuitton Speedy 30.
  7. What bag is next on your wishlist? Prada Gauffre

1. What's your first name? Kimberley
  2. How did your bag addiction start? Started when I reluctantly became obsessed with the chloé paddington
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? They don't really represent anything to me, but I like them because I can wear a hanbag I sink 1200$ into everyday if I want, whereas if I bought a 1200$ dress I couldn't wear it everyday.
  4. What's your favorite designer? Chloé
  5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time? Although I don't like it, it would have to be the LV monogram speedy, it's been around forever and it's still an appropriate and sought after bag, it has to have amazing design quality to be able to maintain even staying power, so the fact that it has remained fashionable AND sought after is amazing IMO.
  6. What bag is next on your wishlist? Chloé black bay bag

1. What's your first name? (you can just make one up if you don't want to give me a real name) diana
  2. How did your bag addiction start? when takashi murakami joined LV, and i an a huge fans of his art. then, i said to myself, i have to have his design. these obsession lead me to various designer :P
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? What do they represent? because i carry a lot of things which are important to me, and i need something important to carry them. also that a "good" handbag can totally change or upgrade your outlook.
  4. What's your favorite designer? for bags : balenciaga, marni, chanel. for fashion in general : marni, DVF, john galliano, tsumori chisato.
  5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time? balenciaga motorcycle bags and chanel coco cabas
  6. What bag is next on your wishlist? chanel coco cabas original in black or caviar

1. Jennifer
2. The blame falls entirely on a friend from college. I never even thought about designer bags until I met this girl my freshman year. She was very wealthy and had a TDF collection of both the classics (LV speedy) and the "it" bags (Balenciaga motorcycle). She bought me a small Prada pochette for my birthday and the rest is history.
3. They're important to me because I need to schlepp around all my junk. They represent status - although not many people are willing to admit it, a designer handbag generally elevates other people's impression of the person carrying it.
4. My favorite designer for bags is currently Chanel.
5. Best handbag of all time IMHO is either the Chanel classic flap or the Hermes Birkin.
6. Next on wishlist is Chloe python silverado

1. What's your first name?
Helena

2. How did your bag addiction start?
After I graduated from college and started working full-time.

3. Why are handbags so important to you?
They carry my daily necessities. =)

4. What's your favorite designer?
Chanel, Marc Jacobs (classic styles only)

5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time?
Hermes Kelly & Chanel Classic Flap

6. What bag is next on your wishlist?
Chanel's Reissue or Crackled Patent Flap

1. What's your first name? (you can just make one up if you don't want to give me a real name) Ann
  2. How did your bag addiction start? It started when I signed up on eBay to bid on a small designer bag for a gift to someone. The light bulb when on that I could consider a designer bag for myself. Bought a few vintage bags,liked them, decided to tip-toe into a real store to look at new bags and it's been a passion ever since.
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? What do they represent? I feel good when I carry a nice bag; I enjoy the styling, the materials; I appreciate having something that's practical--carrying the essentials--that also makes me happy. A good handbag represents for me that I can be stylish even tho I'm not a size 2 and can't apply make-up like a pro; I can still wear something that says I'm special.
  4. What's your favorite designer? Bottega Veneta
  5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time? Chanel classic flap bag
  6. What bag is next on your wishlist? Bottega Veneta Campana

1. Lara
2. I have that from my mother (any fashion addiction) but I guess it started about 2 years ago when I decided it was time to have bags for outfits - you just look more stylish with a nice bag
3. You can express yourself with a bag, and they turn a simple outfit (jeans/cashmere sweater etc) into a wow outfit! I dress conservatively so my bag is my something special
4. BV, Chanel, AH, Celine (Boogie only)
5. Hermes Kelly
6. Any Boogie, MJ Multipocket, Chanel 2.55

1. What's your first name? (you can just make one up if you don't want to give me a real name) Alexandria
  2. How did your bag addiction start? When I was 3 years old.
  3. Why are handbags so important to you? What do they represent? I noticed how all the women I admired had a purse and I loved the mystery of what was kept in all those little pockets.
  4. What's your favorite designer? Chanel - Karl Largerfeld
  5. What do you believe is the best handbag of all time? Grace Kelly handbag
  6. What bag is next on your wishlist? I just got it, Botkier Medium size Bianca satchel in Nude Snake Cowhide but next I would like to get Louis Vuitton Speeedy 30

1. hannah
2. In ninth grade I noticed a lot of girls had designer bags and they just looked so nice, and I bought my first bag--a Dooney and Bourke. It was love from there, and though I haven't bought very many since then, I still love to look.
3. I got to a small, expensive private school where girls are judged a lot by the type of bags they carry, and consequently logo bags are very popular because a girl wants everyone to know who made her bag. But I like bags that are great quality, great color, and just look original and beautiful. I don't care if they're easily recognizable, which is why I love a lot of indie-designers.
4. I love Begeren, Botkier, and Hayden-Harnett.
5. I really don't know have the authority to answer that...I love my Begeren Moorea tote, I've got to say.
6. Botkier small Bianca bag in Concord or the Hayden-Harnett Celina pouch in Ink. :love: