Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

I'm good! Hope you didn't work too hard today and are doing well. omg I'm so excited to see this somethin somethin your getting! Lucky you I'm on a bit of a ban for a couple of months! But in desperate need of a white bag and I've set my sites on a Gucci this time, however as luck would have it the bag I want is no longer in production and they are soo rare to come by :sad: it's the Gucci Blondie Bowler bag in all white leather! Ugh gosh I love it soo much. But I'll settle for a Boston vintage web in all white leather.
Well can you atleast give a clue as to what it may be?

Ooh, that Gucci is very nice! I hope you manage to find one, but if not a Boston would be a lovely alternative!

As for my latest purchase, my lips are sealed I'm afraid! :graucho: It's not going to be here 'til the beginning of next week, I'm so excited about it, hope I can last until then! LOL.

Ooh, that Gucci is very nice! I hope you manage to find one, but if not a Boston would be a lovely alternative!

As for my latest purchase, my lips are sealed I'm afraid! :graucho: It's not going to be here 'til the beginning of next week, I'm so excited about it, hope I can last until then! LOL.

Oh well it just gives me something to look forward to. I can't wait till next week. I am having a party at my house just for fun and your reveal. YAY;)

You know I really want that Blondie but now I am thinking cause this is my luck the moment I buy the Boston a Blondie comes up on ebay and I am all out of my fun money. Then another Gucci bag in gray came up that I've been in love with since last year, just reared it's head on eby and geez now I can't decide. I think I'm gonna write them all down on a piece of paper and pick from a hat at this point. OOOH almost forgot a freaking ivory epi alma just came up too:sweatdrop:. Sweet heavens does it ever end!?:confused1:

Oh well it just gives me something to look forward to. I can't wait till next week. I am having a party at my house just for fun and your reveal. YAY;)

You know I really want that Blondie but now I am thinking cause this is my luck the moment I buy the Boston a Blondie comes up on ebay and I am all out of my fun money. Then another Gucci bag in gray came up that I've been in love with since last year, just reared it's head on eby and geez now I can't decide. I think I'm gonna write them all down on a piece of paper and pick from a hat at this point. OOOH almost forgot a freaking ivory epi alma just came up too:sweatdrop:. Sweet heavens does it ever end!?:confused1:

:lol: I will definitely be having a party when it arrives! This will definitely be my last big purchase for a while, so I'm trying to savour even this part, the waiting game... but I just want it to be next week already, dammit!

I know what you mean about trying to decide which bag to go for. I'm forever buying something and then finding something else I've wanted for an age, almost right away! Most frustrating! Your pulling a bag from a hat idea sounds like the best way to go. :biggrin:

I have 4 LV bags that I wanted to protect their vachetta. 2 are brand new, one is a couple months old but only used once, and the other is my totally azur, and I am using it on and off for it's 2nd summer.

I have read all the listings on TPF about LMB and Apple and Kiwi. So I got on the LMB website last night and decided to bite the bullet and buy the Miracle Shield. My vachetta on my 2 year old bag is pristine, and I didn't see any reason to spend $48 + shipping for the full LV kit when I (at this point) only need the protection coating for oil, water and dirt from my hands. I checked that I wanted to pay via Paypal, and got all the way to my PP account, put in my password and was about to click "submit", only to have LMB come on and tell me that the product was out of stock.

So today I ran down to Walmart, and sure enough, they had a spray bottle of KIWI Protect All. $6.50 + tax. I brought it home, and decided I would try it on my 2 year old bag first. I sprayed some in a cut down paper cup and rubbed it on the handles and all vachetta on the bag with a paper towel. Amazing. It soaked right in, so I did it again. And again.

I took all the straps apart on my Speedy B, and I sprayed them. Gorgeous. No darkening of the vachetta. So I did it again. I even got some of the spray on the canvas, and it wipes right off. And.....if you don't get it off in time, it dries completely clear without a shine. No problem.

I decided that Kiwi leather products have been around as long as I remember ~ my father only used Kiwi on his shoes, same with my husband. Kiwi knows their stuff. They know leather. So I wanted to put a post on this chat to let you know that if your vachetta on your LV bags is either brand new, or has started to change but still clean, a $6.50 can of Kiwi Protect All gives your leather a hidden coat of protection from oil, water and dirt for a lot less than the fancy NEW products that are being sold today.

PS ~ I figure you can GENEROUSLY do the vachetta (handles and trim) 3-4 times for 4 bags out of 1 can.

I have also used Kiwi spary on my delightful w/o any problems at all! It turned out perfectly - no darkening at all. Love it!

Do you guys think I can use Kiwi on my brand new azur NF? the vachetta is ivory pale, it looks so delicate… I’m hyperventilating just thinking about it… :sweatdrop:

Do you guys think I can use Kiwi on my brand new azur NF? the vachetta is ivory pale, it looks so delicate… I’m hyperventilating just thinking about it… :sweatdrop:

Yes~! If you read the big long message I posted in this thread, you will see that I had excellent results. Put it on the handles, trim around the top edge and all the leather tabs and you won't even see it, but it will keep you NF vachetta nice and clean and no worries. And since the leather is brand new, you don't have to worry about trapping in dirt. Go for it. I know it's frightening and you think you are going to ruin an expensive bag, but once you get started and see how fast it dries and there isn't any color change ~ just a thin sheen of protection ~ you will be glad you did this.

Yes~! If you read the big long message I posted in this thread, you will see that I had excellent results. Put it on the handles, trim around the top edge and all the leather tabs and you won't even see it, but it will keep you NF vachetta nice and clean and no worries. And since the leather is brand new, you don't have to worry about trapping in dirt. Go for it. I know it's frightening and you think you are going to ruin an expensive bag, but once you get started and see how fast it dries and there isn't any color change ~ just a thin sheen of protection ~ you will be glad you did this.
ok I’ll do it, I read your post yesterday and thought it was a good idea, but today with the bag in my hand I got a little nervous lol

Thanks and wish me luck :sweatdrop:

Hi it’s me again, I just wanted to post a pic of my virgin vachetta, I’ll post more pics on the NF Clubhouse thread.

Attachments

• NF1.JPG
    NF1.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 727