CLOSED - Authenticate This Marc Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
THREAD IS CLOSED, we no longer have an active authenticator, please use a paid service.
Thanks!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Please post authenticity questions related to Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs in this thread.

The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is in order to prevent duplication requests and to make it simpler for people to 'search' for items which may have been posted previously. This is not a thread to ask general questions about Marc Jacobs; please refer to our main Marc Jacobs area for such information.

This is a free service, but it is great if you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures:
History of the bag:
Comments:

Please give us as much information as you can and then attach any pictures (all authentication must include pictures).

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Please limit your request to one (1) per post; otherwise it gets too confusing keeping them all straight.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.
  • To ensure that additional pictures requested are seen by the authenticators, please utilize the quote feature or provide a link to your original request and response. Failure to do so may result in your query not being answered.
Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Item: Old MJ flap handbag
Listing number: 190554242458
Seller: oandrada23
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190554242458&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Comments:

Hmm, I got the red slightly larger version of this bag off ebay and was thrown off by the look of the nameplate. Kind of confused about it, not sure if it's fake so I looked on ebay and here is another in the suede, same exact plate though there is a receipt here. I'm not familiar with the way old old MJ bags used to be. I know there were many things different than the way he makes them today. Can someone help please?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190554242458&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Comments:

Hmm, I got the red slightly larger version of this bag off ebay and was thrown off by the look of the nameplate. Kind of confused about it, not sure if it's fake so I looked on ebay and here is another in the suede, same exact plate though there is a receipt here. I'm not familiar with the way old old MJ bags used to be. I know there were many things different than the way he makes them today. Can someone help please?
That's a vintage MbyMJ bag -- 2004 or 05, I think
MbyMJ bags used to be a lot more casual and "sporty" than they are now.
If you have a pic of the actual bag you have, it would help to look at it to be absolutely sure, but if you're asking whether or not MJ ever made a bag like that, the answer is yes -- for his MbyMJ line

Comments:

the two items in the link are real. The nameplate is correct. if you have pics of the red one you got, please post pics and we can authenticate. they're cute bags!

It has no serial number.
Inside, there is a black made in China label and MJ metal plate.
The zipper pull is colored and says MJ.
The zipper has no other markings.
Any info on this bag would be appreciated.
Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKpQE3s1uJ5t-BN8OBo,HVg~~0_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqMOKpQE3s1uJ5t-BN8OBo,HVg~~0_12.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 18,428
  • $(KGrHqUOKkME3w(!Eek-BN8ODuQk3g~~0_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqUOKkME3w(!Eek-BN8ODuQk3g~~0_12.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 18,360
Status
Not open for further replies.