Bottega Veneta Fall-Winter 2007-2008 show - pictures!

boudoir

*leather sniffer*
O.G.
Dec 17, 2005
Yesterday during Milan fashion week was the Bottega Veneta show.

Fist off, here is a review by style.com, which will tell more than my broken english and lack of espertise ever could :P

MILAN, February 20, 2007 – With careful, virtually noiseless steps, Tomas Maier has moved up on the outside of fashion to give renewed credibility to that overused and downgraded term luxury. If genuine luxury resides in out-of-the-ordinary things crafted with an intimate understanding of a life attainable only by the few, then Bottega Veneta could well stand as its contemporary definition. Crucially, Maier's point of view values the personal over the trendily available. His central principle, that "clothes are a means of expression, not an end in themselves," means he has in his sights a woman who likes to look like a woman—curvaceous, individualistic, and beautifully grown-up.

It was there from the start today in the quiet but impactful glamour that picked up on a vaguely forties silhouette via a built-out shoulder folded into a cap sleeve that drew attention to a narrow, sometimes corseted torso, which then flared outward to the skirt. It's a way of treating suits and coats with details that rise above retro—say, a sprouting of blanket fringing on a layered skirt or shoulder, a puffy pocket on a jacket, or a bloused curve caught in the small of the back of a coat.

The eveningwear was just as good, and, at points, charged with an elegant eroticism, worked through satin bra tops and then three stunning black columns topped with flesh-colored crepe chiffon (quadruple-layered to ensure modesty). Overall, the achievement was that Bottega's ultraluxe ready-to-wear is seeming less and less like a background foil for its founding leather goods. Even so, Maier is steadily moving the signature bags onward and upward. Among the new soft hobos and hard clutches, the classic soft woven tote is still there, but it now comes in tinted lizard. The company notes that prices reaching $75,000 do not deter collectors, and given Maier's insight into such customers—who will likely fall for a multistrapped python sandal and a pair of pavé-set diamond bobble earrings without a second thought—it seems the designer can hardly put a foot wrong.

– Sarah Mower

Then.... on to the pictures! The source is style.com

00010m.jpg

meh...
00020m.jpg

Looks like Tomas Maier is taking to the patent leather trend!
00050m.jpg

00070m.jpg

okay...

00080m.jpg

Now we're talking! Is this exotic leather? can't really see!
00090m.jpg

A nice little clutch
00130m.jpg

a hobo...
00150m.jpg

another clutch... patent leather
00170m.jpg

nice clutch
00180m.jpg

drool... :graucho:

So what do you guys think??? :graucho: :yahoo:
I would have liked to see more "regular" bags such as the Ball and the Veneta... but I guess they have to show extra special bags during the show...

Riveting!? THese sort of rivets are on the mulberry collabortion bags already, new trend for winter 2007??

Can't say I like bottega veneta male of female collection a lot next season.

Love the last bag (w/the handle and shoulder strap) of #3 post and when I scrolled down to the #4 post, my heart pounced a little at the 1st two woven hobo bags with the shade gradient~~so lovely. :love: But I'm sure it's just as expensive. :crybaby:

Cant reallly say am liking the bags shown here except for the beigey gray patterned hobo bag :drool: Gotta go check out the entire fall/winter collection at the BV site.

I'm not loving the collection as much as last season's, but I do love the clutches! My absolute favorite bag is the ostrich bag about 10 pics down.:nuts: Would love to know the price tag on that one!

I don't care for the grommets on classic hobo silhouette, personally, although I always appreciate when T. Maier tries to update this piece.

Thanks so much for the pictures, boudoir-such eye candy:love: