CELINE SS11 Wooden Wedge - which one?

Oct 21, 2008
I've been looking for this style on sale and now I've found it in two colours :smile:

I know it's personal preference but I'd like some feedback, so which do you prefer. . . the black or the mahogany brown???

I already have the Celine clog style wedge in the nude/tan colour from last season.

celbrwn-wed.jpg

BROWN (the actual colour looks darker and richer than in this pic)
mary-kate-olsen-blkwedg.png

BLACK, as seen here on Mary-Kate Olsen

TIA!

amacasa I like both too!!!:nuts::lol:
but leaning towards the black. . .
. . .though brown look so nice against a summer tan :wondering

for reference, my last season Celine wedges look like this, so the colour I think is quite different from the black or the dark brown
celine-summer-2010-wooden-wedges-01.jpg

They're both gorgeous! :love: I prefer the black... I can imagine wearing them in both winter and summer, whereas the brown feels more summer to me (MK may be making me a little biased, she looks :nuts:).
But you really can't go wrong SL, you'll look amazing whatever one you choose! :biggrin:

straightlaced,
ive got the same ones you have from last summer (plus the cross strap ones as well)
and i got the black ones above this summer. they are nicer than the brown ones IMO.

Thank you all for being so helpful!!!:flowers:

Julide I think they're awesome shoes too and I'd be delighted to have either one!

randr21 that's exactly why I was having difficulty choosing :yes:
Usually I'm a black shoe girl but I like the look of this particular style in brown

aw thanks jen, you're very kind! :hugs:

lol green.bee, if only I could look half as cute as M-K in wedges and a pair of denim cut-offs! She looks adorable :heart:

demicouture thank you - love to hear feedback from another Celine wedge-aholic!!! :biggrin:
And I covet your cross strap wedges :graucho:

I'll be back with pics when my new shoes arrive!!

Hi! I've been searching for these in black since I saw the MK photo in InStyle. Where can you purchase them online? Thanks!

Your only option for current season online buying is ebay because Celine doesn't really sell online.
If you want to search for them the phone numbers and email addresses of Celine stores and other stockists are in the Celine subforum, and you could also try asking in the shopping intel thread in that subforum also :smile: