Authenticate This GUCCI - Read the Rules & Use the Format in Posts #1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
Please post authenticity questions related to GUCCI in this thread. This thread is a continuation of the previous authentication thread that has been closed for posting:

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/au...-1-prior-posting-607932-807.html#post19257426

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is in order to prevent duplication requests and to make it simpler for people to 'search' for items which may have been posted previously. This is not a thread to ask general questions about GUCCI, please refer to our main GUCCI forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures:
History of the bag:
Comments:

Please give us as much information as you can and then attach any pictures (all authentication must include pictures).

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Please limit your request to one (1) per post; otherwise it gets too confusing keeping them all straight.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.
  • To ensure that additional pictures requested are seen by the authenticators, please utilize the quote feature or provide a link to your original request and response. Failure to do so may result in your query not being answered.
Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Reactions: Iammc
It is really imperative that you first get the right pictures needed to properly authenticate GUCCI items. Please read this and get the requested pics before you post your request in the Authenticate This thread.

PICTURES NEEDED TO AUTHENTICATE PURSES/BAGS

1) photos of the bag (yes many times people just post a photo of the tag, not enough!)
2) close ups of the serial tag: front showing the "Gucci made in italy" stamping and the back showing the serial number
3) may also need close ups of the hardware markings, eg D ring
4) if the style has it, a close up of the cursive gold Gucci script, eg on the Abbey styles
5) this applies to both current and vintage styles
6) please do not just post a photo of the serial number/tag (the authenticators need to see more than that)

PICTURES NEEDED TO AUTHENTICATE WALLETS

1) close up of the serial number located vertically underneath the credit card slots (it is perpendicular to the direction of the slots)
2) "Gucci made in italy" stamping in the bottom corner
3) close ups of the button snaps help too

PICTURES NEEDED TO AUTHENTICATE SHOES/WATCHES/SUNGLASSES/BELTS

1) close ups of markings, e.g. close up of stamps on the back of the belt, close ups of the markings on the soles of heels, inside the heels, close ups of markings on the inside arm of glasses etc
2) basically the authenticators need good clear close ups of markings
3) and an auction listing if there is one

When taking close up photos please or ask sellers to, or if you are taking them yourself:

1) NOT use flash
2) NOT use zoom
3) do use macro mode that is usually indicated by a flower on most digital cameras
4) do take photo in lots of light (no flash though), by a window is good, but glare is bad
5) use a steady hand

Ensuring that you have read this will help the authenticators help you better :smile:

To the wonderful authenticators of this thread: I did a copy/paste from the What's needed for Gucci authentication thread and added it to post #2. Obviously, LOL! We use it this way in the Authenticate This Chanel thread too. This is easier than directing people to a different thread instead, IMO. If you'd like me to add/remove things in post #2, just let me know :smile:

OMG, Nat!! Thank you SO much for doing that. :flowers: I love it!! Hopefully it will make it easier for future posters who aren't familiar this thread. Thank you, you are AWESOME!! :hugs:
To the wonderful authenticators of this thread: I did a copy/paste from the What's needed for Gucci authentication thread and added it to post #2. Obviously, LOL! We use it this way in the Authenticate This Chanel thread too. This is easier than directing people to a different thread instead, IMO. If you'd like me to add/remove things in post #2, just let me know :smile:

Thanks. But seller is not willing to provide any more pictures. In view of only the pictures provided, are there any red flags ?
Any seller who is unwilling or unable to provide the pictures necessary to prove authenticity doesn't deserve your hard-earned money.

Any seller who is unwilling or unable to provide the pictures necessary to prove authenticity doesn't deserve your hard-earned money.

well. yes and also no.

I'd very much like to agree with you, but we also don't live in a perfect world, whereby in this particular context of our discussion we would have every seller complying with the exact way we would want information to be presented to us, in an auction, in order that we can be assured of authenticity. don't get me wrong, I'd very much like to see all sellers doing this, but, while this may be a process we follow on this forum, albeit an excellent process, we simply cannot impose this process on all sellers in a complete manner. While there are plenty and plenty of fakes on eBAY (I buy so much LV anyway and I only dab in Gucci from time to time), there are also authentic items. Sometimes authentic items are offered by sellers who are willing to follow our process, but sometimes are offered by sellers who may not be willing to follow, or completely follow, our process. Therefore I personally, would not want to rule out a seller may be selling an authentic item, just because he or she does not follow this process outright. This is of course my point of view, opinion etc and I am very much entitled to my own opinion just as you are.

And this does not mean I am not being careful.

Back to this particular case, it is my opinion that my seller had been very co-operative to provide me more photos of the item. Does this mean that makes the item any more authentic ? No. When I asked the seller for more pictures, he said he was out of town for vacation, and was not able to provide any more pictures. Does that sound shady, or sound like an excuse, or was it a genuine reason ? Well, I don't know.

But do I just stop at this point, and forget about the whole auction ? Well you may do so, but I wouldn't, but that's just me. There are no absolutes in life. I do not stop at this point, and completely forget about this auction. I go to a forum like this one, I seek opinions, I seek advice, ask questions, if there are any red flags, any additional information I should ask for etc.

In this way, even if I don't eventually bid on this item, at the end of the day, I accumulate experience, I learn about something.

just sharing my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.