Would they bother making counterfeits?

temo

Jul 13, 2006
Just wondering what you think? The world seems to be inundated with counterfeit items these days. Handbags being one of the favorites. I've been "had" myself,paying dearly for a counterfeit Chloe Bag. :crybaby:

I now realize that ebay is perhaps NOT the best way to buy designer handbags!!
. . . But I was just wondering if handbags not as "high end" like say
"Cole Haan" (see attachment) would be a safer bet to buy on ebay? Any thoughts???

Attachments

• e008_1[1].jpg
    e008_1[1].jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 118
Counterfeits are big buck profits for somebody! Some people do not have a problem buying them. But - you have to know that there are plenty of resources for buying legitimate bags on sale. This is the perfect place to find out about these sales and score a bargain. I'm not knocking the middle range bags like Coach and Cole Haan but for the same money you can find Pradas and other high end bags on sale - with a little diligent shopping. I have very few bags I have paid full retail for. I only do so if I feel that it is worth it and that the bag will never be available otherwise.

There are honest sellers on ebay, have a look at the threads here that recommend the authentic sellers then you can buy on ebay if you wish with peace of mind.

Just wondering what you think? The world seems to be inundated with counterfeit items these days. Handbags being one of the favorites. I've been "had" myself,paying dearly for a counterfeit Chloe Bag. :crybaby:

I now realize that ebay is perhaps NOT the best way to buy designer handbags!!
. . . But I was just wondering if handbags not as "high end" like say
"Cole Haan" (see attachment) would be a safer bet to buy on ebay? Any thoughts???

Just an aside: I saw that same Cole Haan bag at TJ Maxx last week. :smile:

Thats the thing I hate about ebay. Sometimes the fakes' sellers make it obvious by putting much lower price for the bag but sometimes they dare to put retail price for the bag which makes us believe that its a real thing.

I think for ColeHaan , they wont bother to do counterfeit since its not super popular internationally.

I agree that I would post any bag from ebay in one of the authenticate this threads before buying. There are so many knowledgable people here who can spot a fake a mile away.

I don't know if they would make counterfeit Cole Haan bags, but I'd still see if anyone could tell about the authenticity here before buying!

That Cole Haan is one I was looking at. It looks genuine to me. Additionally, if I recall, that gal is selling just that bag; her personal item. Generally a bag like that is genuine.

Counterfeits are big buck profits for somebody! Some people do not have a problem buying them. But - you have to know that there are plenty of resources for buying legitimate bags on sale. This is the perfect place to find out about these sales and score a bargain. I'm not knocking the middle range bags like Coach and Cole Haan but for the same money you can find Pradas and other high end bags on sale - with a little diligent shopping. I have very few bags I have paid full retail for. I only do so if I feel that it is worth it and that the bag will never be available otherwise.

Funny you should say that. My husband and I were shopping this past weekend in San Francisco and went to Prada, Dior, Balenciaga, LV and Cole Haan and the bags we liked best were Cole Haan.

sometimes I don't think the real high end bags are worth it. You are paying for the name and quality is not different enough to be worth the price differential. Sometimes, maybe, but not always.

Funny you should say that. My husband and I were shopping this past weekend in San Francisco and went to Prada, Dior, Balenciaga, LV and Cole Haan and the bags we liked best were Cole Haan.

sometimes I don't think the real high end bags are worth it. You are paying for the name and quality is not different enough to be worth the price differential. Sometimes, maybe, but not always.

Everything is counterfeited. Go to ebay and search for counterfeit beware, or fake guides. You'll find brands such as adidas, nike, juicy couture, all the way to LV and rolex...as well as counterfeit DVD's computer parts...I was surprised to find a "fake nike sneakers" guide and the fakes were very similar but not quite right...

oh, here they are the fake sneakers:eBay Guides - How to buy Air Jordan shoes on ebay

And here's a member who bought a fake Cole haan: eBay Forums: Seller Insists the Cole Haan Bag is ...