1st LV! Mono Speedy 30.. should i trade for damier?

purses-addictus

Me Luvz Chanel & LV
O.G.
Feb 14, 2007
hey all! im new.. hehe! this is officially my first thread and i need everyones advice...

my husband got me a mono speedy 30 for vday to start off my LV collection but i want to know what u guys think of trading it in for a damier speedy..

Thanks in advance! :heart:

Hi;) Congrats and welcome to tPF:yahoo:

If you prefer the bag that low maintenance and you like something different, go ahead and change it to damier. I myself owned a damier speedy 25 and its so gorgeous, i dont need to worry about the vachetta and so on.

Anyway, you decide and good luck :sweatdrop:

i would keep it, 1.because it was a present 2.a mono is a good thing to start a collection, so did I 3.you can get a damier another time....

welcome to TPF (caution:you get very addicted to this forum very soon!!!so did I) :smile:

I'd keep it because it was a gift and because it is a classic design (as is damier). I've always said with my dh that I will never give negative reinforcement (criticism or returning an item) for positive behavior (giving handbags or jewelry as a gift). It took him a long time to catch on about the things I like, but maybe your dh is always a good gift-giver!

I would keep the mono one for two reasons - sentimental - a gift from someone you love! and also that I have both (Damier and Mono) speedies and I love my mono one SO much more! There is something so classic about it. The vachetta is not that much of a problem - just don't put tanning lotion on your hands and pick it up or something (lol!). The damier is nice for a change when it's raining but on a beautiful day, there is no question which one I reach for - it's the mono.

I would keep the mono one for two reasons - sentimental - a gift from someone you love! and also that I have both (Damier and Mono) speedies and I love my mono one SO much more! There is something so classic about it. The vachetta is not that much of a problem - just don't put tanning lotion on your hands and pick it up or something (lol!). The damier is nice for a change when it's raining but on a beautiful day, there is no question which one I reach for - it's the mono.

oh wow! thats right, spring is right around the corner and its going to be raining and raining and raining...:crybaby: my mono would HAVE to stay home...

Its a great way to start off your collection. But on that note I'd say go for the damier, like others have said low maintenance. This way you have no worries about the handles and rain:smile:

BTW congrat's on your new bag.