Initials Or No Initials ...opinions Please!!

handbagrehab

Jan 23, 2007
O.K. where have I been ...I just found out that you can get your first and last initial stamped on your Muse.....

I am wanting to get a new one....either the orange (not biscotto...it's like Hermes orange....or chocolate...oversized)

Should I get initials or no initials??? I kinda think it's cool to have it personalized....what does everyone think....
and also which color??? Brown or Orange???
Thanks for your help
Tiff

I wouldn't get the initials. The way I've seen them done they don't really enhance the bag at all and they will make it very difficult for you to ever sell it. If it had a "medallion" that was there for initials, then maybe... at least it would make more sense. I just don't see it for the Muse though....

Oh, and for the color... orange!!

Don't get the initals. It'll make it VERY hard to sell if you ever want to. I got initals on mine and I'm sorry I did. I thought I'd keep it forever but when I wanted to sell it, I didn't get near what I wanted to so I decided to keep it.

Where can you get the initials if you do decide to do it? I don't plan to sell my muse and would actually love to have it personalized. (I know Neiman Marcus is no longer offering the monogram service on YSL.)

You can have your initials embossed on the bag by YSL in NYC....if you buy it from a YSL boutique outside of NYC...they will ship it to NYC and have it done for you....(extra $100)...
however, YSL will not personalize the bag if you did not purchase from a YSL boutique....so....you can't take your bag from NM,Saks or anywhere else and have it done...they won't do it....I inquired ...as I have a gift card from Saks I would like to use towards the purchase of a new muse....

You can have your initials embossed on the bag by YSL in NYC....if you buy it from a YSL boutique outside of NYC...they will ship it to NYC and have it done for you....(extra $100)...
however, YSL will not personalize the bag if you did not purchase from a YSL boutique....so....you can't take your bag from NM,Saks or anywhere else and have it done...they won't do it....I inquired ...as I have a gift card from Saks I would like to use towards the purchase of a new muse....

Thank you! I want to get another muse, the violet (if they have it in the large size) and I know they will only have that at the NY boutique, so perhaps I will get the initials on that bag.