Owners of fabric-lined Stellas

MPJ

hero in a half-shell
Jun 16, 2006
What does your Made in Italy tag look like? I just got mine in the mail today, and everything looks PERFECT, except I've never seen a Made in Italy tag like this before:

(click on the photo for a larger pic)

What do you think? The leather is stamped "Made in Italy" and it's difficult to see, but I looked at it in the light and I can see the indentation.

Does this look familiar to anyone? *crossing fingers* You can see the other photos of my bag in my "STELLLLAAAAA!!" thread in this forum. TIA.

Don't fret, MPJ, there's no question your bag is genuine. I think that most 'regular' (i.e. non-stripey) cotton canvas lined Stellas do have a smaller Made in Italy tag with stitching around all four edges, but the stripey lined bags may be different. Try looking for pictures of Stellas in Faded Brick and Peppermint, as I believe these too are lined in the stripey fabric.

I've seen this tag before in older bags too. But you're right, it's really hard to make out the MII imprint!! I agree with Sick4Marc, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Hope you are enjoying your new bag!

OT, but I LOVE your avatar!!! Who is that?! :lol:

It's me! :lol: Actually, its actress Patty McCormack in the role of the maniacal 8 year old Rhoda Penmark in the 1956 horror/suspense film The Bad Seed. One of the best acting performances ever put on film. She had to be my avatar.

Still OT (and a great coincidence), I just adore your avatar...I have a turtle thing (in addition to a worry bug). That little guy is too cute.

thithi -- Mr. MPJ saw me pouting at something this evening, and he turned and said to me, "Whenever you're feeling sad, or mad, or just down, I want you to pick up this bag (he picks up the Stella) and hold her and remember how happy she made you when you opened that box. Okay?" :lol: I am DEFINITELY enjoying her!! Tomorrow she's getting a night out on the town in DC (dinner and then a cocktail party), and next week hopefully a trip to a french bakery called Patisserie Poupon with beauxgoris and her MJ Caroline. I'm going to parade this baby around TOWN!!! And I know I've thanked you, but one last time, I promise. THANK YOU MJ SENSEI!!!! :heart: Okay, I promise I won't say it anymore. :lol:

Sick -- I'll have to rent that movie! She looks like she's plotting something EVIL in that photo...I LOVE it!!! And I'm glad you love the turtle...for some reason, I've had this major turtle fetish lately. My favey turtle pic:

turtlecrop.jpg

Isn't he just adorable?! He's so excited!! I had a poll on another forum: Why is he so excited?

The winning answer: He switched to Geico! :roflmfao:

Man oh man it's good that I just got a job. I have WAAAAY too much time on my hands. :P

Geico, ROFL!! :roflmfao::roflmfao:
Gotta love them turtles...

Sounds like you're gonna have a great weekend, def show off that bag as much as possible! Your hubby is so funny!

MPJ - Many thanks for sharing your favey excited turtle picture. What a riot! :lol: Enjoy painting the town with your newly acquired black leather friend!!!! btw, my PHH often points at my bags, makes a 'serious' face, and proceeds to tell me a) that I have nothing to complain about and b) that I do not need any more.

marclover - I know what you mean! Everytime I see the "hero in a half-shell", my brain immediately chimes in with the mini-chorus, "turtle power"! :yes:

youngprof -- Mine was black. WAS. I'm sending her back tomorrow. :crybaby: But there is a red one on ebay right now...or there was.

ETA: Here's the Stella I was referring to. I have photos of the zipper pulls and stuff in my inbox if you're interested. CLICK