Me and Grapeshine...

temo

Jul 13, 2006
Being a ridiculously snowy day in my neck of the woods today, and having to pop in and out, picking up and dropping off DD, I decided to get out the Grapeshine Trophy Satchel,for my travels. I wondered to myself "how come I've hardly ever used this amazing bag?" (She is beautiful!) but... hmmm... I think it's something about that light purple edgepaint that 's putting me off. It's so ... Purple! ...so... I did something I thought might be a really bad mistake and got out a fine paint brush and some black leather dye. Hmmm. What a finicky job! Hmmm. Took me all day, Didn't touch anything but the purple edgepaint, mind you ...but now...

...But now! I'm so happy!!!:yahoo: She's still that deep deep purple, almost black in some lights, but reflects the purple just in the right light. Now she looks more like Blackberry than Grape. Shewill definately be seeing the light of day alot more now! :love:

Presenting my "new Blackberry /old Grapeshine" TS... Whadyathink?
attachment.php

Attachments

• hhgrapeshine6.jpg
    hhgrapeshine6.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 278
WOW, Temo!

So all you did was paint the edges where the bag was light purple? And it looks SO different bc of it?! Amazing! Bravo!!!

Is the new dye transfering at all? What brand did you use?

WOW, Temo!

So all you did was paint the edges where the bag was light purple? And it looks SO different bc of it?! Amazing! Bravo!!!

Is the new dye transfering at all? What brand did you use?

Yes all I did was paint the edges.:yes: I can't believe what a difference such a small thing makes! I used feibings.

Temo- This has to be one of my favorite Mods! I love how you made your Jinhee and your TS Trophy your own. The Blackberry looks so cool! I love to see a close up shot of the edging.

Bravo, Temo!!! That light purple was what I hated on the Havana tassel. This is perfect! So was it mainly on the braided strap? Or on the TS are there other places where the sueded side is exposed? We need a close-up! It's gorgeous!!

I know! I know! Who knew! - that this huge purple beauty could become a viable neutral! She's soo "puddly", and now that she'll be getting out more, I know that this leather will get even better with use! :love: Thanks for your encouragement guys! Here's some better pic's without the flash. I'll get some mod shots up later today.

Jen, it's all the edgepaint all over the bag that I changed. (And that's a lot on a Trophy! phew!)

attachment.php

Attachments

• hhts1.jpg
    hhts1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 217
  • hhts2.jpg
    hhts2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 83
  • hhts3.jpg
    hhts3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 93
Thanks! Sometmes I think that maybe Toni would be horrified & :shocked: if she saw what I did to her creations. :shame: ...but then again she has always been so sweet and gracious anytime I have contacted her, that maybe not.

I found a before pic of "Grapeshine" to compare with "Blackberry". You can see the light purple edgepaint on the "before" one, but keep in mind that the "after" shot is without flash.

Attachments

• hhts3.jpg
    hhts3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 107
  • zzzzz3.jpg
    zzzzz3.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 111