Herve Leger = <3 Part III

lolo: You make all those dresses look great. Congratulations on your haul. How can you dress down a HL dress? In my mind they are only for special events as they highlight all your curves. You think it's possible to wear them as everyday dresses? If so, can you post some ideas. This could help me maximize the cost-wear ratio.

WOW I just stepped away from HL rehab.. and look what we got here! I love dresses you gals are posting up! It's a great sale & glad everyone got a chance to get everything they wanted. Great finds ladies! Can't wait to see some more modeling pictures =)

vhods It should be possible to tighten up the fishtail at the bottom of the white dress but you have to be careful that it won't be tighten up too tight or you can't walk in the dress since its knee length.

I had the armpit area of my essential v neck taken in about 1 inch on both sides. It worked but the material was too stretchy that she should have taken 2 inches in. Is dress tighten around the underbust? If it's loose then you will be able to take in a bit on the sides, but just remember the more you take in from the sides, the front v neck/cleavage area would open up more. I personally love how the dress fits on the top, you can always save it for another special event which you don't need to alter an already perfect dress! It's a classic style & color that would never go out of style :smile:

The crisscross banded purple/black dress is a well made dress that looks great. I can't wait to see you model it. I ended up getting the dress in a xs but I should have tried on the xxs. Since the xs dress gave me a little fishtail in the back =\

lolobaby I love the first 2 dresses!!! great choice =)

Thanks!
I can't really save the dress for another event because it was purchased for the event. It's for a charity "white" event, so everyone has to wear white. I'm kind of stuck where I'm at, so I'm just going to work with what I've got.
I plan to take it in to my tailor and I think that there are a couple of options. The shoulder straps in the back could be tightened slightly, the small side panels on the bust can be taken in very slightly, and I'm going to ask about sewing up the V-neck just a teeny-tiny bit.
I might be able to alter a NuBra (by cutting it into the shape I need), which would offer me the nip coverage and just a tiny bit of support.
I'll post pics of the colorblock V dress when it arrives. I can't wait!

lolo: You make all those dresses look great. Congratulations on your haul. How can you dress down a HL dress? In my mind they are only for special events as they highlight all your curves. You think it's possible to wear them as everyday dresses? If so, can you post some ideas. This could help me maximize the cost-wear ratio.

I saw pictures a while back of a HL worn with a motorcycle jacket, which really dressed it down.
Other things that you can do:
wearing different jackets or blazers
wearing tights
wearing booties instead of heels

I just bought this dress. I think that because it could be a daytime dress (meaning not red/white/black or sparkely) and with cap sleeves, I could wear this out during the day, especially during the summer. I probably wouldnt wear it shopping or to run errands, but I can see myself wearing it to lunch or something. I think if I really wanted to casual it up a bit, I could wear it with flats.

Attachments

• purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,322
Ladies if you are wanting to score some more dresses from BG because they are less than NM ,the dresses on BG are not showing up in the sale section, you must do a google search of the title of the dress and spell out Bergdorf Goodman. Copy the description of what is on the NM site.

Example: chevre illusion dress Bergdorf Goodman

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...842946&010=T2H26&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=T2H26

It is $390 less on BG! HTH someone! I just scored another dress doing this.

Yes, I couldn't resist! I'm sure I won't be keeping all of them. I'm still waiting for my boutique scores.

Honestly how could I say no? ;)

Attachments

• thing_21993876_l.jpg
    thing_21993876_l.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,285
Last edited:
Lolo, you look so hawt! Congratulations on your amazing steals!

Congratulations, Nani! I love that dress, it's so cute :3

Darn it, I'm not supposed to be looking at more HL! *eyes boxes she has at home*

Yes, I couldn't resist! I'm sure I won't be keeping all of them. I'm still waiting for my boutique scores.

Honestly how could I say no? ;)

Wow, Nani, another one!
You'll have to let me know how this one fits because I've never been a fan of the flared skirts on HLs. I've never tried one on though. It seems like a flared skirt would hang funny because of the weight of the material, but maybe that's not the case.
Can't wait to see pics of all of your dresses!!!

Wow, Nani, another one!
You'll have to let me know how this one fits because I've never been a fan of the flared skirts on HLs. I've never tried one on though. It seems like a flared skirt would hang funny because of the weight of the material, but maybe that's not the case.
Can't wait to see pics of all of your dresses!!!

I was thinking about the issue of the material as well, but only one way to find out. Hopeing it looks good and not too short.