Special gift for a 13-year-old girl

MPJ

hero in a half-shell
Jun 16, 2006
So my little cousin is turning 13 years old, and I'm unable to make it to her bat mitzvah in CA. :crybaby:I love her and want to give her a special piece of jewelry that she can wear to her party the evening of her bat mitzvah.

Any suggestions? I was looking at LoveIvy.com, and they have some cute stuff. BUT...I'm not sure if what I'm liking is more appropriate for a little girl or for a 13-year-old. I have to keep reminding myself that she's not a baby! :shame:

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a Juicy charm bracelet would be fun...because don't 13-year-olds like Juicy? Only thing is, she's petite, so is the bracelet going to be HUGE on her? It looks kinda clunky online. CLICK

Or maybe I should just get her something simple, like a little Juicy purse or something, instead? Man I have NO IDEA!!!! :hysteric:

HELP!!! What do you guys think? Jewelry? Juicy jewelry? Juicy purse? None of the above?

TIA!

I want to spend less than $75, if possible.

Well...if you don't mind something non-brand name designer, I have some very popular necklaces on my website. People bought quite a few for Christmas for young ladies. They're my "Initially Yours" necklaces with birthstone color in Swarovski crystal. I gave them to my little cousins (ages 8, 12, 19, and 21) for Christmas and (according to my mom) they were their favorites gifts.

Another suggestion would be a classy simple freshwater pearl necklace. She's coming of age, right? A young adult and a simple strand or pearl pendant necklace would be very pretty and a great gift that she'd be able to wear for a long time. I just finished a freshwater pearl necklace - just a single pearl dangling from a fine silver pendant. It's timeless.

There's also a classic heart Tiffany necklace for $100. I kind of want one of these myself...although I prefer the non-hearted shapes.

Good luck!

Casto -- Thank you for the suggestions! Your jewelry is beautiful...I love that freshwater pearl necklace.

I think the reason I'm thinking of brand name stuff is that her mom is pretty strict...and I know she's not allowed to buy expensive or frivolous stuff like Juicy (or Tiffany!), so I thought it'd be fun to give her a little something "teenage designer."

That Tiffany necklace is adorable!! I'd have to get a shorter chain, though...that 18" chain would hang down to her belly button! :lol: That's a good idea, though...I'll definitely add that to my list.

Mazel Tov to your cousin! I have that bracelet and I do think thats a perfect gift for a 13 year old. I got the bracelet as a giflt with 2 other charms when I was 19 and loved it.. However it is clunky and it fell off alot. It also tarnished fast. What about something like this:

bracelet
Adina Reyter Tiny Circle Bracelet - shopbop.com

and/or the matching necklace:

Adina Reyter Tiny Circle Necklace - shopbop.com

these studs from tiffanys:--and if she doesn't like them she could always exhange them...for my bat mitzvah i got 3 bean neckleces 4 elsa peretti heart necklaces 2 box link bracelets and 2 elsa peretti open heart rings and I was able to exchange all the repeasts and that was a lot of fun!!!
Tiffany & Co. | Item | Bead earrings. Sterling silver. | United States

I know these are a little over 75...but for the extra 25 i think the quality is worth it:

Like I said before I got this one for my bat mitzvah which was 10 years ago...and i still wear it
Tiffany & Co. | Item | Venetian Link bracelet. Sterling silver. | United States

Tiffany & Co. | Item | Return to Tiffany™ heart tag pendant, small. Sterling silver | United States

MPJ, my apologies for not realising her bat mitzvah is her birthday.

A teenager helped her mum design this:

alianadesigns:

Etsy :: Charm or Young Women Value Bracelet

Oh, no worries!!! :flowers: That bracelet is really pretty...I'm going to go look at the Juicy bracelet today, and hopefully the Tiffany necklace in the next few days, but I'll keep that bracelet in mind if I don't like anything. It's really darling!!

Well...if you don't mind something non-brand name designer, I have some very popular necklaces on my website. People bought quite a few for Christmas for young ladies. They're my "Initially Yours" necklaces with birthstone color in Swarovski crystal. I gave them to my little cousins (ages 8, 12, 19, and 21) for Christmas and (according to my mom) they were their favorites gifts.

Another suggestion would be a classy simple freshwater pearl necklace. She's coming of age, right? A young adult and a simple strand or pearl pendant necklace would be very pretty and a great gift that she'd be able to wear for a long time. I just finished a freshwater pearl necklace - just a single pearl dangling from a fine silver pendant. It's timeless.

There's also a classic heart Tiffany necklace for $100. I kind of want one of these myself...although I prefer the non-hearted shapes.

Good luck!

The Tiffany necklace is an excellant idea. I have one, and with it being so long, she could double (or triple) it around her neck, but most of the time I wear mine wrapped multiple times around my wrist. It's a very versatile piece.

Another vote for a Tiffany necklace! For my bat mitzvah, I got two Tiffany Stars of David, a small silver one and a big 18k gold one. They, plus the open heart necklace from my husband, are basically the only necklaces I ever wear. I think it's a perfect gift that she'll love far beyond her Bat!

So I went to the mall today, and I just couldn't afford the Tiffany necklace. It's adorable, but it'll have to wait until I have some more $$ to spend (we're trying to save at the moment).

Instead, I went to Nordstrom and checked out the Juicy Couture jewelry. My mom talked to my cousin's mom the other night, and apparently, the 13-year-olds are ALL ABOUT the Juicy! :lol: So my mom said that anything Juicy Couture would be a hit.

I got her this necklace:

a6bc_12.JPG

It's not my style, but I think a 13-year-old little girl will like it. It's sparkly, it's Juicy!

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions and help! I appreciate it. :flowers:

MPJ: I think you are smart to go with Juicy...Tiffany silver is overpriced and all you are doing in paying for the name.

How about this Juicy starter charm necklace? A little less (ahem) blingy than the one you posted and she can add charms to it. And it's $58 at Nordstrom. :yes:

_5350108.jpg

Casto -- Thank you for the suggestions! Your jewelry is beautiful...I love that freshwater pearl necklace.

I think the reason I'm thinking of brand name stuff is that her mom is pretty strict...and I know she's not allowed to buy expensive or frivolous stuff like Juicy (or Tiffany!), so I thought it'd be fun to give her a little something "teenage designer."

That Tiffany necklace is adorable!! I'd have to get a shorter chain, though...that 18" chain would hang down to her belly button! :lol: That's a good idea, though...I'll definitely add that to my list.

If you are getting something from Tiffany's, they should be able to shortened things for you. I've had three pieces shortened in length. If you decide to go that route, make sure you have plenty of time because I think it takes a couple of weeks.