the Angelina Jolie thread

Ok, so I read something earlier today that I had initially "pooh-pooh'ed " as ridiculous nonsense -- BUT! - then I started thinking about it . . . .

Remember how many times the camera cut away to Angelina & Brad at the Golden Globes? A whopping 14 TIMES!!:nuts: Most of the time, they were snuggling, she was fixing his tie, she was leaning back into him (applying lip gloss!) -- the article I read insinuated that Jennifer Aniston was invited to the Globes, but chose not to attend because Brad & Angelina would be there, since Angelina was nominated -- it went on to say that Jennifer watched from home & that Angelina knew this and that a lot of the PDA was for show, hoping the camera would catch it (which it did!) and would be seen on TV

Now, I should mention that I don't take part in the Jennifer vs Angelina debate -- I don't believe that Angelina "stole" Jennifer's husband and I don't believe that Jennifer sits at home feeling sorry for herself. That being said, I've never been a fan of Angelina Jolie, but I do like Jennifer Aniston -- I do wonder if there's a small amount of truth in the fact that Angelina knew that they would be seen on TV and was playing that PDA up to the camera "for show"

What do you guys think? Do you think there's any truth to that or do you think it was just coincidence? (and I have NO IDEA whether Jennifer Aniston actually watched the show or not -- just repeating was written in the article)
I think this is a bunch of garbage. It just takes to much time and effort to do all of the above.

I think this is a bunch of garbage. It just takes to much time and effort to do all of the above.

I agree. I bet they don't even talk about Jen. Angie has always been affectionate with her spouses Brad isn't an exception. They looked very much in love and the camera would always go back on them :smile:

Ok, so I read something earlier today that I had initially "pooh-pooh'ed " as ridiculous nonsense -- BUT! - then I started thinking about it . . . .

Remember how many times the camera cut away to Angelina & Brad at the Golden Globes? A whopping 14 TIMES!!:nuts: Most of the time, they were snuggling, she was fixing his tie, she was leaning back into him (applying lip gloss!) -- the article I read insinuated that Jennifer Aniston was invited to the Globes, but chose not to attend because Brad & Angelina would be there, since Angelina was nominated -- it went on to say that Jennifer watched from home & that Angelina knew this and that a lot of the PDA was for show, hoping the camera would catch it (which it did!) and would be seen on TV

Now, I should mention that I don't take part in the Jennifer vs Angelina debate -- I don't believe that Angelina "stole" Jennifer's husband and I don't believe that Jennifer sits at home feeling sorry for herself. That being said, I've never been a fan of Angelina Jolie, but I do like Jennifer Aniston -- I do wonder if there's a small amount of truth in the fact that Angelina knew that they would be seen on TV and was playing that PDA up to the camera "for show"

What do you guys think? Do you think there's any truth to that or do you think it was just coincidence? (and I have NO IDEA whether Jennifer Aniston actually watched the show or not -- just repeating was written in the article)
I know this is the sort of speculation that will get you flamed in most quarters, but :shrugs: it wouldn't surprise me if there were a grain of truth to it, and it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't. Does that make sense at all? I doubt Ang and Jen will ever be besties - who really cares to be overly kind to the woman that your ex cheated on you with, you know? That said, I think the "Jen v. Angie" drama has been greatly exaggerated by the media because it sells. I think both of them are very saavy, very busy, very preoccupied women with careers and relationships and lives to live ... and they're both doing so fabulously and looking amazing in the process. They didn't get to where they are by wasting massive amounts of time and energy on things that aren't productive, and there was never anything that would be less productive than this ridiculous "feud" that the media seems to want to exist. I'd imagine Jen is busy with her new boyfriends and booming career and would rather not having to deal with Angie ... and I don't blame her. I'd imagine Angie is so busy with her kids, her career, her husband and her health that she doesn't have time to even think about Jen and I don't blame her. Jen's shown up where they were before and handled the awkwardness like an absolute pro, and I'm sure she would have done so again had she felt it was in her career's best interest. These are not fragile little emotional flowers, y'all - they're both where they are because they have spines of steel and a strong sense of professionalism. If being a successful actress and two of the most beautiful, wealthy women in the world in your late 30s-40s were easy, we'd all be doing it. We're not and they are because they're both pretty tough cookies who have bigger fish to fry than this petty stuff.